Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
They could be very minor injuries that they'd normally play with and they're just being rested because it's against the dysfunctional Elks. They'd never admit to that though.

I said it jokingly after their win against Calgary but they might actually have enough wins to make the playoffs already because of the crossover. It might just make sense to give banged up players a game off occasionally.
It would be nice to get Dru Brown some playing time down the stretch if possible IMO. Give Zach some rest and helps us see more of what Brown can do.

Reactions: FonRiesen

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hoping the Elks game won’t be a trap. Yeah, they’re 2-4, but they also played Tom Brady in week one and also Calgary. On the bright side, the Bombers demolished prime Peyton Manning on the road and then beat Calgary with everything going the Stamps way ….

Picking the Bombers in a frustrating nail biter.

Reactions: Fairview

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I thought it was the Bombers but after a bit of investigating, I now think it was the Saskatchewan Roughriders. It seems both Barnes and Hufnagel played there in the early 80's.
I don't know if I should admit this but I was a Rider fan back then having just moved to Winnipeg from Sask. a year earlier and I guess I remembered JJ Barnagle playing for my team.
Sask had both Barnes and Hufnagel as the QB combo and it was known around the league as Barnesnagel.

Reactions: Jetland162702

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I mean that's never going to happen. It's been 18 games since long long before I started following the CFL. 16 games must have been 80's or earlier? Yeah no chance. Salaries would have to come down to match, they are low enough as is.

Plus a 10th team makes the CFL schedule perfect. 18 games, 9 opponents, home and home with every team. Perfect symmetry. I still think 3 bye weeks is too many, 2 is plenty. Reduce it to 22 weeks (2 pre-season, 18 games, 2 byes) starting maybe 2/3 weeks earlier. Camps open in early/mid April, Grey Cup last week of October. That's what I'm hoping to see.

Sure but the they missed on the pre-season game (which is pure profit for CFL teams as players don't get paid for it) and 2 regular season games. No too mention the hesitancy of people to come back to crowded areas after 2 years. Overall this is very positive. Even with the West Final most people would not have expected to end in the green, and they were well ahead of it. Also not included in a bunch of money they moved in their fund to cover when they have losses as well.
I like going to 2 bye weeks and the home and home will be perfect when the Atlantic franchise is eventually added.

The1st season of 18 games was way back in 1986. I agree the league needs the revenue from the 2 extra games. Keep it as it is and make some other adjustments as you mentioned.

I hope the Atlantic Team gets going sooner rather than later. If Anthony Leblanc is still involved it may be never.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
It would be nice to get Dru Brown some playing time down the stretch if possible IMO. Give Zach some rest and helps us see more of what Brown can do.
You never know when Collaros goes down, either. We haven't played the dirty Roughriders yet. Good to give our backup some real reps when the stakes are low. I don't want to take Edmonton lightly, but I remember Dinwiddie having his first ever start in the playoffs...

Reactions: Huffer

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The Duke and 1 of the Jeff's out against the Elks

1658444774290.png

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ottawa just got what I honestly believe might the worst official/command center screw job of a game. I cant imagine how pissed id be right now if i was an Ottawa fan.

Reactions: rkp

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Think it’s safe to say the NFL talks on Rourke were jumping the gun

What happened? I missed the game, and I imagine they won't show it in the recaps...
They got jobbed on the command center overturning two unnecessary roughness calls (high tackles) almost back-to-back

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Think it’s safe to say the NFL talks on Rourke were jumping the gun
Well see but I dont think so. Hell get a look, IMO. He got no help last night.

Still he has 123.0 QBR. Collaros is 2nd at 107.7, no else above 100. 1st in TDs. 1st in yards per game. 1st completion %. Really his biggest flaw right now is INTs. Thats something coaches will believe at his age they can coach him out of. He's also not really used his legs much, which is one of his biggest weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What happened? I missed the game, and I imagine they won't show it in the recaps...

The reffing was poor all game. LaPolice actually was 2 for 2 on challenges since two very botched calls ended up overturned earlier in the game. They were consistently getting screwed by the refs. Then on the last drive down 7 points inside the MTL 30 they ended up getting a flag to set them up 1st and goal on the 7, It was a fairly obvious high hit (clothesline), IMO. But then the command center buts in to overturn it for some reason. Two plays later in 3 and long from around MTL 25 there's a very obvious Roughing the Passer call where the same defender grabs the QB high. Refs call it again. It's again overturned by command center ending the game. The 2 times they get calls correct nearly all game and command center buts in to make them incorrect. It was terrible.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Looking at the other top teams it appears we are our own worst enemies. If we don't three peat it will only be because of poor play, doesn't appear anyone is near our level. Staying focused and level headed will be the hardest battle.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
'It's a business': Elks' receiver Kenny Lawler excited to face Bombers after turning down 'small offer' for Edmonton pay-day - 3DownNation

First time I've seen an actual number. Looks like the Bomber offered him 175K to stay. He ended up signing for nearly double at 300K in Edmonton. IIRC BC offered 250K per year, but on a deal that I think was 2 years long instead of the 1 year deal from Edmonton.

Edmonton has been largely a disaster this year but it certainly has not been on Lawler. Basically their entire offense runs through him, I don't think anyone really regrets how this played out. Doubt we see all the breakouts of Schoen, Agudosi, etc without Lawler departing.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I love Paul LaPolice the man, but I recall Doug Brown having not pleasant things to say about Paul LaPolice the head coach (not LaPolice the person), essentially branding him as a guaranteed to lose, lose lots, and be done after a year or two guy. I mean... Big Doug may have hit the nail on the head. I think Paul LaPolice has a long, looonngggg coaching career in the CFL, but it will be a la Richie Hall in the co-coordinator's role.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
'It's a business': Elks' receiver Kenny Lawler excited to face Bombers after turning down 'small offer' for Edmonton pay-day - 3DownNation

First time I've seen an actual number. Looks like the Bomber offered him 175K to stay. He ended up signing for nearly double at 300K in Edmonton. IIRC BC offered 250K per year, but on a deal that I think was 2 years long instead of the 1 year deal from Edmonton.

Edmonton has been largely a disaster this year but it certainly has not been on Lawler. Basically their entire offense runs through him, I don't think anyone really regrets how this played out. Doubt we see all the breakouts of Schoen, Agudosi, etc without Lawler departing.
Might be wrong but I think Lawler got a fair chunk of cash up front. Anyways 7-0 is the only outcome that will be acceptable against the Elks tonight

None

Feb 22, 2012
TSN's field overlay ads looking particularly terrible today.

Edit: Defensive line is getting a ton of push they're just not getting any hands on Cornelius.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad