Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
How big of talent difference between the two?
Edit: just read the article, he sounds pretty damn close!
I have never been so into a cfl off season before.

Between which two? Ellingson to Lawler? Its a fairly significant drop off. Of we compare CFL WR rankings to NHLers its like Connor McDavid to Joe Pavelski. In their prime elite WR to aging but still appears good for now star. But much more affordable and will give Bombers more options going forward.

Reactions: kylbaz

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Between which two? Ellingson to Lawler? Its a fairly significant drop off. Of we compare CFL WR rankings to NHLers its like Connor McDavid to Joe Pavelski. In their prime elite WR to aging but still appears good for now star. But much more affordable and will give Bombers more options going forward.
Ah damn. Thought they were closer lol

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ah damn. Thought they were closer lol

I could be wrong, football is way more system based. But 33 is very old for WR. Most fall off a cliff at 32/33. And I've always been kinda meh on Ellingson back to his OTT days. Like hes good, just never a superstar to me. It was hard to judge anything in that disaster in EDM last year though, so maybe a change of scenery will get another good year out of him.

Adams leaving was always going to happen. Just not a fit going forward. Loved his time here though and he definately deserves tons of credit for the rebuild, high character player and in his prime extremely skilled. Will be missed, but had to happen.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kyle Walters essentially confirmed in his morning press conference that Harris won't be back. Writing was on the wall but it's all but official now.

Also, looks like McGuire might be retiring so we could be looking for another backup QB.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Even as a very casual CFL fan Harris was one of the most impactful running backs I have ever watched on a team that I follow. He was a relentless competitor that set the tone for the team. I don't think I have ever seen a guy that approached each touch like he needed that last foot to keep his children alive. That inner drive he had was something I don't think I have seen before.

Andrew Harris is a Bomber legend right at the top with the best ever. He a was foundational piece in adding a new chapter of glory to the franchises storied history.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Don’t forget about Alexander who they have to re sign and will be out for a while unless they plan on going with Hallett
I'm fairly certain the plan is to start the season with Hallett. Alexander will be back.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I like the Ellingson signing... that team was a mess and he still hit 600+ yards in ten games. He still should be a guy that will get open and also open up lanes for our other guys.
Agree. His numbers last year weren't that far away from his career average on a per game basis...and he has had an excellent CFL career.

Reactions: WolfHouse

None

Feb 22, 2012

Jeff Hamilton's article might not have been too far off of player sentiment re: not making Harris a priority.

That's mildly concerning I guess.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Kyle Walters essentially confirmed in his morning press conference that Harris won't be back. Writing was on the wall but it's all but official now.

Also, looks like McGuire might be retiring so we could be looking for another backup QB.

Time to solidify this position with a capable backup and a future starter.

Collaros isn't going to be here forever .....

Reactions: snowkiddin

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
I'm happy with Ellingson - he's a better fit at the moment than Adams. Wish Adams all the best - was a good player and person for us. Lawler will be a tough hole to fill, but I have no doubt there are going to be many applicants from south of the border.

I feel bad for Harris, but... a good GM has to make tough decisions sometimes. We probably can't afford him and probably Walters crunched the numbers and there wasn't any way to make it happen. I hope Harris catches on somewhere for the money he wants. he's too good a person not to wish for positive things. I can see him coming back in the future as a RB coach or something else.

I have no issue with Willie and others wanting Harris back and making it public. TBH I'd be concerned if they didn't do that. It's the kind of team thing that made them successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad