Blow this team up already!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The easier solution is replacing the coach with another coach that can run a good system and knows how to run a good PK.

How is it our PK is so bad and our PP is so mid despite next level Offensive overspending ?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yikes. Honestly one of the worst posts I have ever read on here.
Are you proud of this team? A team with $40m+ spent on 4 players who care more about cashing a paycheque than they do winning playoff games? A team of players who always disappear when it matters most?

To have all the talent in the world but piss it away is worse than having no talent at all. This team is downright embarrassing

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Are you proud of this team? A team with $40m+ spent on 4 players who care more about cashing a paycheque than they do winning playoff games? A team of players who always disappear when it matters most?

To have all the talent in the world but piss it away is worse than having no talent at all. This team is downright embarrassing

A lot more proud than I was of that era yeah. Did you forget that era team shit themselves in the regular season? Years and years of choking and missing the playoffs? Just making the playoffs was a pipe dream in the same way a cup is for us now.

Dreaming of having a single player as good as Marner nvm Matthews. Yearly missing the playoffs just to draft 7th OA and get a mid prospect, never rebuilding, never competing.

Yeah I take being a yearly playoff team, watching fun players, winning games, winning a playoff series, and being competitive with the leagues best over that. Not even a question

Reactions: Confucius

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The regular season is played so you can enter the Cup finals.

I don't know where the hell you got lost in the plot but no, winning games in the regular season isn't and never will be the goal.

It's truly amazing how low standards some fans can actually hold.
Let me get this correct, you think it’s a waste of time going to a regular season game and enjoying a win? Anytime we win I’m happy and feel upbeat. I don’t worry how we will do in the playoffs 7 months down the road. If we do well I’m even happier if we crap the bed, I had a lot of good nights anyway. Why is that so hard to understand?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
A lot more proud than I was of that era yeah. Did you forget that era team shit themselves in the regular season? Years and years of choking and missing the playoffs? Just making the playoffs was a pipe dream in the same way a cup is for us now.

Dreaming of having a single player as good as Marner nvm Matthews. Yearly missing the playoffs just to draft 7th OA and get a mid prospect, never rebuilding, never competing.

Yeah I take being a yearly playoff team, watching fun players, winning games, winning a playoff series, and being competitive with the leagues best over that. Not even a question

I like being slightly less of a total loser than before, in other words :laugh::clap:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I like being slightly less of a total loser than before, in other words :laugh::clap:

I mean, yes? I would prefer a cup every year. After that, if the choice is being a team like the current Sabres or being like the current Leafs I take the current Leafs without hesitation. And Sabres fans would too.

This fanbase has lost the plot completely

Reactions: Confucius

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Let me get this correct, you think it’s a waste of time going to a regular season game and enjoying a win? Anytime we win I’m happy and feel upbeat. I don’t worry how we will do in the playoffs 7 months down the road. If we do well I’m even happier if we crap the bed, I had a lot of good nights anyway. Why is that so hard to understand?

The point of getting wins in the regular season is to qualify for the Cup Finals and beat the best of the best.

What about THAT is so hard to understand?

I get it, low standards and you get pacified by beating the Ottawa Senators and the Buffalo Sabres in rebuild stages.

Good for you, I'm sure you hold your head high after those regular season wins.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
One playoff round win, in 20+ years...............this is why fans are not happy.
The regular season, means nothing if you can't compete when the games mean something.
I wouldn’t even watch hockey if our team could only win 12 times a year. When I watch an exciting game in November I enjoy it. Not like quite a few around here who take the who cares it’s a regular season game, means squat attitude?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

There was hope back then. Hope that they could properly bottom out and build a winner. Instead we got these f***ing losers. I'd never dream of wanting players that play this poor when it matters most.

This team has won a single f***ing round in their 7 years as a group together. That's one round more than the previous era you hate so much.

There is no hope now. We're stuck with these losers, and you have to be pretty delusional to think that they'll suddenly change their ways now.

If you're content with cheering on a team that has no hope but they win a few more meaningless regular season games then hey have fun. But for the rest of us who have standards this is flat out unacceptable

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
There was hope back then. Hope that they could properly bottom out and build a winner. Instead we got these f***ing losers. I'd never dream of wanting players that play this poor when it matters most.

No there wasn't lmfao. We traded unprotected firsts which became #1 C's and D's for division rivals for a chance to even sniff a playoff spot. The management refused any rebuild. You were there, you don't remember what was so significant about Shanny was he said the "rebuild' word for the first time?

Done with this convo. Have fun being a doomer

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
No there wasn't lmfao. We traded unprotected firsts which became #1 C's and D's for division rivals for a chance to even sniff a playoff spot. The management refused any rebuild. You were there, you don't remember what was so significant about Shanny was he said the "rebuild' word for the first time?

Done with this convo. Have fun being a doomer
I remember it perfectly fine. And as bad as it was, it still beats the embarrassment that Matthews and Co. are

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
I mean, yes? I would prefer a cup every year. After that, if the choice is being a team like the current Sabres or being like the current Leafs I take the current Leafs without hesitation. And Sabres fans would too.

thats not really what the original point was though. it was that the Kessel/Phaneuf team was easier to cheer for and with our wealth of talent today they are getting just minimally better results. In regards to that, the Kessel/Phaneuf team was a lot more inspiring as they actually overperformed for a second, something this team has NEVER done.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

You deserve players like Matthews and Nylander, their complacency and ambivalence towards team success seems right in line with your views.

Enjoy the sick danglez next February against the Utah Coyotes.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This thread will end up rivalling the "Matthews is the most overpaid star" and "This team is not serious" threads.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The point of getting wins in the regular season is to qualify for the Cup Finals and beat the best of the best.

What about THAT is so hard to understand?

I get it, low standards and you get pacified by beating the Ottawa Senators and the Buffalo Sabres in rebuild stages.

Good for you, I'm sure you hold your head high after those regular season wins.
The point of winning a game is having an exciting night celebrating a win. I’m not concerned what happens 6 months later

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
This team needs a culture change. Fire shanahan. But guess what, MLSE has misfired over and over. They will find some idiot bettman will sign off on maybe parrots fml

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
thats not really what the original point was though. it was that the Kessel/Phaneuf team was easier to cheer for and with our wealth of talent today they are getting just minimally better results. In regards to that, the Kessel/Phaneuf team was a lot more inspiring as they actually overperformed for a second, something this team has NEVER done.

That group was not that likeable either compared to the previous eras when we had teams that fought hard in the playoffs and won rounds.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
That group was not that likeable either compared to the previous eras when we had teams that fought hard in the playoffs and won rounds.
As I said, they actually overperformed for a split second. I was inspired. This current iteration of the team has done no such thing.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad