Blow this team up already!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Team’s won a heck of a lot over the last 6 years, many exciting nights plenty of wins and accomplishments to be proud of but if all a person cares about are playoffs and worse yet Cup or nothing then yeah I understand the frustration.

The Cup is what they play for. it is all that matters. What is so badly broken in your brain that you can't understand that?

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Maybe, I was referring to the regular season who cares, meaningless games crowd. Who from game 1 regular season fret over how the team will do in the playoffs.

We're not saying the regular season doesn't matter; you're saying the playoffs don't.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Because the Leafs have a consistent pattern they fall into, and the next stage after this is "rip team apart, turn into terrible team that can't make playoffs but can't bottom out".
This current iteration is a direct result of not doing that. Patern broken.

Besides, I don't even want them to "rip team apart", would prefer to rip off some lesions.

They will more than likely be on their 3rd coach, 3rd GM and second Brendan Shanahan by next season. If that doesn't scream 'core next!', I don't know what does.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This season isn't an isolated incident, it is a continuation of a well established pattern Nobody is jumping the gun here.
Yes you are, it's Game 1. Why are you even here if it's a lost cause? People don't even make sense. Again, when the series is over sure let's have this debate, but right now it's just a projection of an absolute loser mindset. I refuse to share that, we're down 1-0, same as last year against TB, and we won that series. So let's get excited for tomorrow, cheer for our team, not play this game while the series just started. I wait all year for the playoffs, I'm PUMPED, we can beat these f***ers and last night did squat to convince me otherwise.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It's 1-0, this stuff is garbage until it's 4-0.

Such loser mentality imo.

Embarrassing. Sky has fallen in Leafs nation and there are threads on the main boards about trading Marner, Matthews wanting out, stripping Tavares of the C, and firing Keefe.

1 game in.

Reactions: DarkKnight

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Slowly she crept up to the box, lifting the lid, she peeked inside...

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first sucker. Hockey took note and rode the "hope" train to Profitville. Preying on the ignorant every penny of the way.

Using Pandora's box as the cash register.

All ML$E does is sell hope. Leafs fans are no better than the bald guy buying rogaine. Our expectations are way too high for what we pay.

Even though it still costs an arm and a leg.

The fans can see the four forward experiment has been a massive and costly boondoggle on the world's largest hockey stage. Yet ML$E continues selling this team as a contender. Preying on a fan base desperately clinging to that last straw of hope...

Hope, which Mercury had hidden amongst the evils, when he saw were the gods were plotting.
That chat GPT is something

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Embarrassing. Sky has fallen in Leafs nation and there are threads on the main boards about trading Marner, Matthews wanting out, stripping Tavares of the C, and firing Keefe.

1 game in.
To be fair it’s like that every year after game 1 of the playoffs and regular season.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

1 game in.
good to know the MB is actually more awake about what needs to be done than our own fanbase.

because that's closer to the truth than not.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
good to know the MB is actually more awake about what needs to be done than our own fanbase.

because that's closer to the truth than not.

Not after 1 game of the playoffs. People don't even want the games to be played, it seems like MB and Leaf fans alike just want them to lose already so they can be outraged and say they were right

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Anyone saying we should trade Matthews is just begging not to be taken seriously :laugh:
Any team paying Matthews $13m for these playoff performances is begging to never win shit

If an all situation dman with a big point shot equivalent of Tavares signed back then, it would have altered the trajectory of this team. Unfortunately this didn't happen and management was incapable of fixing a seriously flawed roster while wasting assets with quick fix attempts. Brutal case study.
Pietrangelo was just that, albeit a year or two later.

But Dubass couldn't possibly trade one of the overpaid 4 to actually try to win, despite AP being interested in Toronto

Exactly.

Toronto finally got a professional GM this year after a half decade of complete incompetence by an unqualified kid from Brock Community College. And for once the Leafs didn’t give away their 1st round pick for an injured 3rd line hack on an expiring contract.

Now let’s get a professional coach and see what happens next year.
Need to get some professional players too

I've always said that Keefe was Boudreau 2.0 come playoff time.

Leafs need their version of Trotz to get to the final goal.
Keefe wishes he had as much success as Boudreau

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

1 game in.
Thats not embarrassing that is sports

Playoffs with stakes for leafs being high will have lots of discussion and threads going on

They win game 2 then people will be applauding them once again.

If oilers get slapped game 1 tommorrow they will be in panic mode as well (lesser degree just bc they own the kings but still)

Most ppl dont think series is over yet. I still have leafs in 6 if we come out and play games 2 -6 to our abilities.

However, having this thread up just in case these guys shit the bed and lose early is fine too. I would just ignorw this thread and if leafs get out R1 then make comments.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Not after 1 game of the playoffs. People don't even want the games to be played, it seems like MB and Leaf fans alike just want them to lose already so they can be outraged and say they were right
it's not one game of the playoffs.

not even close.

(unless you just watched your first leaf game - then ok, I appreciate it).

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Thats not embarrassing that is sports

Playoffs with stakes for leafs being high will have lots of discussion and threads going on

They win game 2 then people will be applauding them once again.

If oilers get slapped game 1 tommorrow they will be in panic mode as well (lesser degree just bc they own the kings but still)

Most ppl dont think series is over yet. I still have leafs in 6 if we come out and play games 2 -6 to our abilities.

However, having this thread up just in case these guys shit the bed and lose early is fine too. I would just ignorw this thread and if leafs get out R1 then make comments.

Sorry I disagree. I am not complaining if the Leafs are eliminated round 1 playing like this, I am joining in the calls for change. I agree that is sports.

It's embarrassing this is the reaction after 1 game, and honestly it was like this 10 min into the first period.

it's not one game of the playoffs.

not even close.

(unless you just watched your first leaf game - then ok, I appreciate it).

It's a new year, it is game 1. If you want to take history into it, maybe we can acknowledge they lost game 1 last year similarly and won the series?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
You guys really really want to go back to the days where our leading scorer was a 50 point guy and we were out of the playoffs by December, don't you? And then we'd find out we're drafting 7th, so more time in hockey purgatory hoping to hit on the next overlooked surprise...
Unironically yes. I was less embarrassed to wear a Leafs jersey back in the Kessel/Phaneuf era than I am now with this bitchass group that has all the talent in the world but 0 work ethic

1 game in.
We could be so lucky that Matthews demands a trade. But that won't happen, he's the king of the complacents

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Sorry I disagree. I am not complaining if the Leafs are eliminated round 1 playing like this, I am joining in the calls for change. I agree that is sports.

It's embarrassing this is the reaction after 1 game, and honestly it was like this 10 min into the first period.

It's a new year, it is game 1. If you want to take history into it, maybe we can acknowledge they lost game 1 last year similarly and won the series?
Team very lucky to have fans that forget the past.

You seem to be confused why fans "want to blow it up 10 minutes in".

Then say things like "it's a new year, it is game 1".

Maybe, just maybe, it is you that doesn't get it. Maybe, just maybe, others feel it ISN'T a new year, a game 1. It is a continuation of the same old.

Just cause you don't get it, doesn't mean others don't.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Team’s won a heck of a lot over the last 6 years, many exciting nights plenty of wins and accomplishments to be proud of but if all a person cares about are playoffs and worse yet Cup or nothing then yeah I understand the frustration.

The regular season is played so you can enter the Cup finals.

I don't know where the hell you got lost in the plot but no, winning games in the regular season isn't and never will be the goal.

It's truly amazing how low standards some fans can actually hold.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Unironically yes. I was less embarrassed to wear a Leafs jersey back in the Kessel/Phaneuf era than I am now with this bitchass group that has all the talent in the world but 0 work ethic

We could be so lucky that Matthews demands a trade. But that won't happen, he's the king of the complacents

Yikes. Honestly one of the worst posts I have ever read on here.

Team very lucky to have fans that forget the past.

You seem to be confused why fans "want to blow it up 10 minutes in".

Then say things like "it's a new year, it is game 1".

Maybe, just maybe, it is you that doesn't get it. Maybe, just maybe, others feel it ISN'T a new year, a game 1. It is a continuation of the same old.

Just cause you don't get it, doesn't mean others don't.

No I get it. People are invested in there being changes and don't care about reality they just want their narratives and opinions validated.

Like I said, if they lose to the Bruins playing like this every game I will be there as well calling for change. But they literally won a round last year after losing game 1. No one knows what the future holds

Reactions: authentic and pdson

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The easier solution is replacing the coach with another coach that can run a good system and knows how to run a good PK.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Yikes. Honestly one of the worst posts I have ever read on here.

No I get it. People are invested in there being changes and don't care about reality they just want their narratives and opinions validated.

Like I said, if they lose to the Bruins playing like this every game I will be there as well calling for change. But they literally won a round last year after losing game 1. No one knows what the future holds
"dont care about reality"

You feel it is more of a reality to forget everything that leads up to game 1.

Strange. that's reality?

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad