Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks trade Hjalmarsson to Arizona for Connor Murphy & Laurent Dauphin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
We prob have cap to get Sharp back at this point with Hoss gone, 1 yr deal @ 2-2.5M

Saad - Toews - Schmaltz
Sharp - Anisimov - Kane
Panik - Kruger - Hartman
Jurco/Ras - Kero - Hayden/Hino

No way in hell we want Sharp back except for the minimum.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Still floored all of this happened. Stan, hats off man, guy has balls the size of croquet balls and the forward thinking and creativity getting guys with term, you ****ing go dude, just keep going and never look back. The future is very bright for this team. It's all on Q now, he's been given the pieces.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I'm worried about Fiddy.

hqdefault.jpg

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I don't know much about Murphy or Dauphin but it hurts to lose Hjalmarsson.
He really seemed like the cornerstone that held that D-corps together.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013

It's ok, there seems to be plenty of people that don't know much about them but still have very strong opinions on the trade.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama

Murphy seems like he can step in top 4 minutes, and has some potential.

Love Hjalmarsson, but he's 30, and age and physical abuse will catch up to him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i really hate this trade. i know i wanted to wait and to digest this trade and look for the bright side, the only bright part of this trade is murphy. murphy alone does not make this trade worth hammer.

Dauphin i see as a kruger replacement .... i just don't know, why not ask for Duclair instead, since he is in the coaches doghouse.

i just do not think it was a fair deal for the hawks.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
i really hate this trade. i know i wanted to wait and to digest this trade and look for the bright side, the only bright part of this trade is murphy. murphy alone does not make this trade worth hammer.

Dauphin i see as a kruger replacement .... i just don't know, why not ask for Duclair instead, since he is in the coaches doghouse.

i just do not think it was a fair deal for the hawks.

They literally just fired that coach. ;)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They literally just fired that coach. ;)

i know, but i was thinking that sometimes when a player is in a doghouse, it takes the fo ill feelings a long time to dissolve. just my thoughts.

grasping for straws.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'm a big fan of the new, positive, Coldsteel.

It was not easy to get here, at all. All I can say is happiness comes from within, not from outside things or other people. I'm really glad to be back though, missed you guys a bunch. If you had told me a week ago, I'd be back, I'd be surprised. But then you guys put that RIP by my name and I was like, not yet, my friends. Can't wait to meet up, you won't recognize me as the same guy.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Hammer took a big discount to stay and lives up to his price every shift.

Hate this trade but still optimistic, thanks Hammer for being a huge part the 'Hawks recent success.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Hammer took a big discount to stay and lives up to his price every shift.

Hate this trade but still optimistic, thanks Hammer for being a huge part the 'Hawks recent success.

Don't forget that Stan also picked Hjalmarsson over Niemi.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Funny thing is with the team cap strapped, he trades away the team's best defensive D-Man and on top of that takes on another contract of a **** D-Man that has 4 more years at practically the same cap hit prolonging the problem lol

Stan is a loser, just look at the way he talks, I would like to make deals with him, I would eat him alive and sell him anything for double the price

Someone explain why this trade was made please... Is Scotty Bowman talking to his stupid son because it seems like he has lost his mind...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Funny thing is with the team cap strapped, he trades away the team's best defensive D-Man and on top of that takes on another contract of a **** D-Man that has 4 more years at practically the same cap hit prolonging the problem lol

Stan is a loser, just look at the way he talks, I would like to make deals with him, I would eat him alive and sell him anything for double the price

Someone explain why this trade was made please... Is Scotty Bowman talking to his stupid son because it seems like he has lost his mind...

We were heading to a dead end, especially with our D. That doesn't mean Hammer isn't awesome, but our Cup winning days were over with that roster. They took a gamble on a young cheap kid who has a lot going for him. If it works out, it'll work out for many years at 3.8M. If it doesn't, we were ****ed anyway.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think Hjalmarsson might decline soon. I never wanted him traded, but the return isn't bad. get a Top 4 RHD on a good contract, a Bottom 6 Center and a longer contract. All, while getting younger.
I'll miss Hjammer, but Bowman said changes will come and they did come. I think this will make us better in the longrun while taking a step back for next season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I am sure you take it to Bowman on your PlayStation 4 all the time...

Judging by your posts here it is pretty obvious you would have no chance against him. Hell you can even punctuate your posts...

Do you know anything about Murphy?

Did you not see the decline in Hammer's game the last quarter of the regular season and in the playoffs? \

Here are some facts:

- Murphy played top 4 minutes last season for AZ and was top 3 in of Dzone starts (587/526/503) he had the highest Corsi.
- He was a first round pick
- He skates very well (thought we needed speed?)
- He is physical and does not shy away in the corners
- He can move the puck
- He is fine on the PK and will block shots
- He is still learning growing as a player but has solid defensive instincts

What adult calls another adult a loser because of how they look? Really? Being articulate and intelligent makes a person a loser?

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think Hjalmarsson might decline soon. I never wanted him traded, but the return isn't bad. get a Top 4 RHD on a good contract, a Bottom 6 Center and a longer contract. All, while getting younger.
I'll miss Hjammer, but Bowman said changes will come and they did come. I think this will make us better in the longrun while taking a step back for next season.

I totally agree. As Stan said himself .. sometimes you have to go with a different formula. Hammer was part of a winning formula for three cups ... that formula is not going to work any longer.

Thanks Hammer! Welcome back Sadder and welcome Murphy ... Forsberg too as he could evolve into our new number 1 down the road.

The glass is half full guys and gals!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad