Bitch,whine,moan,rage,complain,shh on,hate,bellyache, and throw up

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If the Leafs were playing the bottom feeding Sens in a playoff series right now, we would be heading into game #7, with the series tied 3-3 based on the current 6 game sample set from the regular season results.

That series would include 1 game where Leafs were up 5-1 heading to the 3rd and losing 6-5.

The Sens are a bottom 5 team in the overall NHL standings playing -10 games below .500 hockey, with 21 points in 31 games and 10 wins and 20 losses while Leafs are looking for their 20th win and on 9 losses.

A hard fought 7 game series is not what one would expect from a team with Cup aspirations, particularly from an opponent that has Zero chance of making the playoffs.

There are no analytics that would support these expected results.
The one team I don't want to face in the playoffs is the Sens.

How weird is that to say.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They are not so uniquely bad defensively that Andersen's .900 is like a .920 anywhere else. It's ridiculous. There is no amount of context that can make .900 good.

He would have better stats on a team that takes less high risk plays. Teams that play up tempo games like the Leafs do, always make their goalie look bad. Difference some of those team have Veznia like goalies (Tampa), while we have a goalie.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Can't watch this team right now. I feel like I need a couple games off from watching them.
I always keep my expectations fair. but after the start they got on things felt really different.
Now I just get a bad feeling they are going right back to what they do every damn season.
I dont think Im going to even bother watching the next couple games....
Last time Leafs really dominated I was stuck late at work and missed most the game.
I dunno maybe I'm bad luck. maybe if I skip the next couple game they will start to play as a team again

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
If we go into the first round with Andersen. no way in hell we're winning.
I mean we might be winning till the 3rd where Freddy will have a complete mental breakdown and we will ultimately lose the series,
I like our team alot this year. but I have lost all confidence in Andersen, I think he can be good. just too inconsistent. and we reallllly need our goalies to be consistent.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
hey OP where is the "Raging" option in your title? I wanna RAGE not bitch and moan :laugh:

Seriously though IMO Dubas handing of the cap and large contracts was bound to bite us on our asses; especially since JT has started to slow down in modern NHL where skating is paramount.

Dont think we have room to make any effective move to get anything positive done without moving guys off of the roster. Money IN = Money OUT

That said, North Division defense is a freakin JOKE IMO; no reason why 40 million dollar offense cannot show up to score on that JOKE of the north division defense.

No canadian team has a solid defensive group for the Leafs to not outscore their problems on most nights. If this team's offense struggles to get the team going; or keep momentum more often than not on our side for most of the games then that 40 million dollar offense needs to be called out.

Our strength is not defense or goalie; it is offense given the way the team is built with 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards for offense; we gotta pot more goals than other teams on most nights.

People bitching about goalie or depth scoring or defense need to look at the cap allocation and not live in wonderland

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Goaltending isn't this team's issue. These guys still get entitled after a hot run. They need to come back down to earth and realize that there are no easy nights in this league, especially when you are considered one of the top teams. If a soft goal is enough to cripple the psyche of this team, than they never had the mental toughness to win anything of note to begin with. Great teams rally around their mistakes, they do not get buried by them.

:clap:

Solid post!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
If we go into the first round with Andersen. no way in hell we're winning.
I mean we might be winning till the 3rd where Freddy will have a complete mental breakdown and we will ultimately lose the series,
I like our team alot this year. but I have lost all confidence in Andersen, I think he can be good. just too inconsistent. and we reallllly need our goalies to be consistent.
Got it now

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
hey OP where is the "Raging" option in your title? I wanna RAGE not bitch and moan :laugh:

Seriously though IMO Dubas handing of the cap and large contracts was bound to bite us on our asses; especially since JT has started to slow down in modern NHL where skating is paramount.

Dont think we have room to make any effective move to get anything positive done without moving guys off of the roster. Money IN = Money OUT

That said, North Division defense is a freakin JOKE IMO; no reason why 40 million dollar offense cannot show up to score on that JOKE of the north division defense.

No canadian team has a solid defensive group for the Leafs to not outscore their problems on most nights. If this team's offense struggles to get the team going; or keep momentum more often than not on our side for most of the games then that 40 million dollar offense needs to be called out.

Our strength is not defense or goalie; it is offense given the way the team is built with 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards for offense; we gotta pot more goals than other teams on most nights.

People bitching about goalie or depth scoring or defense need to look at the cap allocation and not live in wonderland
It’s in there now brotha
Rage away
Become the ragin Cajun even if you like ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

I agree with all of the above. I also think it might be time to look higher then Dubas for responsibility for the poorly balanced team.
Shanny has had 7 years to make something out of the Leafs and has had zero success. Zero playoff round wins

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Now that I've settled down. The reality for me now is whatever this team does between now and the postseason doesn't matter. They need to make the playoffs and do damage. Doesn't matter if this team finishes first in the league or takes the last playoff spot in the division, what they do in the post season is how this team will be measured.

Honestly, this team has made enough strides this year where I feel like we've taken the next step. Our team defence has been better overall and we've shown compete for a good chunk of the season. Many of the loses they've had I thought the leafs deserved to win. Other than the last 2 games and that 5-1 debacle, and one game against the flames, I haven't really as angry about our play just frustrated by the result.

The last 2 games though I hope are just a blip and not them reverting back into old habits. We'll see after the break.

We do need in improvement in goal, though. Ultimately it has to come from within; either Freddy steps up and/or Campbell takes up the reins.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Can we also come in here to kick garbage cans?
anigif_sub-buzz-902-1570661684-1.gif

Funny story on that, years ago when my son was playing Pee-Wee competitive, his team had a game in Laval (my sons team was top 2 in the league, Laval was top 5 maybe). Anyway, it was a road game, so the kids were pretty tired and didn't put up much of a fight and lost something like 6-0. In this league they used to go off after the 2nd so the ice could get resurfaced. Players were all in the dressing room, and the coach stormed in and kicked the garbage can, he was livid. This can had some stuff in it, so as the coach kicked it a bunch of the garbage flew out and landed in my kids hockey bag... and I guess a rolled up piece of tape hit one of the other guys in the head. The players were trying to not burst out laughing, cause that would have been bad news with the coach already trying to prove a point.

Of course, as parents we had no idea this happened until we were in the car and on the way home... helped my son get his gear out of his bag, and there was a Gatorade bottle, some tape and a wrapper for an energy bar still in his bag from the intermission kicking. We had a good laugh about that, and continue to today.

So, when I saw this episode of LK I was in tears... ha ha, I love the scene.

On a Leafs note, I concur with the kicking of the can!!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It seems like the Leafs' skaters and Freddie are playing this bizarre game of chicken.

The players have quietly decided to cough up the puck repeatedly in expectation that Andersen will, for once, bail them out. Perhaps it's to boost his confidence or their confidence in him, maybe both.

Meanwhile Freddie has secretly decided that the best way to get his teammates to stop giving up bad turnovers is to let them all in. Perhaps his thinking is that it will force them to play tighter defensively or he's just doing it out of spite, maybe both.

We can only hope that soon one side catches on to the other and they stop playing chicken.

Kentucky Fred Chicken...:sarcasm:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I seem to have been locked out of one thread, apparently for pointing out, as several others did, that Tavares had a bad shift.

This is the response I had intended to make to a poster making personal comments about me, including suggesting that I'm not a Leafs' fan:

A Leafs' fan for 65 years and counting, but I guess unfortunately for some people, I'm not blind, and I'm willing to tell the truth as I see it.

I didn't like Burke, and I thought he made some bad trades. Nothing against Kessel or Phaneuf, who were decent players, but he overpaid for them, and expected them to do things they couldn't.

I liked Ian White, Carl Gunnarsson, and Leo Komarov, and when they left, I followed and contributed to their respective boards. That's how I started also posting on the Islanders' board. I like that team. Lamorello and Trotz have built a very good team that play a very solid and entertaining brand of hockey.

I'm not particularly enthralled with Tavares, but I think he's a decent player. But, as with Kessel and Phaneuf, I think we paid, or are paying, too much, and he isn't a great fit for the team. He is good at faceoffs, and scoring, particularly when he gets the puck in front of the net, especially when we're up a man. But he has some serious shortcomings, which I feel should be pointed out. He's not a great skater, and he is very prone to making poor passes.

I'm not the only person, or even the only Leaf fan, who has pointed this out.

So there is one Leaf I'm not crazy about. (Well, I'm not sold on Engvall either.) Huge fan of Matthews, Marner, and especially Hyman.

I have a bottle of the special Maple Leaf edition of Crown Royal. I opened it for one drink when Johnny Bower, who I knew and have an autographed sweater of, passed away. I had another when George Armstrong went. Most of the bottle is being saved for when we win the Cup, and if we happen to meet the Islanders along the way, I will be cheering 100% for the Leafs.

Which does not mean that I won't point out their mistakes.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I seem to have been locked out of one thread, apparently for pointing out, as several others did, that Tavares had a bad shift.

This is the response I had intended to make to a poster making personal comments about me, including suggesting that I'm not a Leafs' fan:

A Leafs' fan for 65 years and counting, but I guess unfortunately for some people, I'm not blind, and I'm willing to tell the truth as I see it.

I didn't like Burke, and I thought he made some bad trades. Nothing against Kessel or Phaneuf, who were decent players, but he overpaid for them, and expected them to do things they couldn't.

I liked Ian White, Carl Gunnarsson, and Leo Komarov, and when they left, I followed and contributed to their respective boards. That's how I started also posting on the Islanders' board. I like that team. Lamorello and Trotz have built a very good team that play a very solid and entertaining brand of hockey.

I'm not particularly enthralled with Tavares, but I think he's a decent player. But, as with Kessel and Phaneuf, I think we paid, or are paying, too much, and he isn't a great fit for the team. He is good at faceoffs, and scoring, particularly when he gets the puck in front of the net, especially when we're up a man. But he has some serious shortcomings, which I feel should be pointed out. He's not a great skater, and he is very prone to making poor passes.

So there is one Leaf I'm not crazy about. (Well, I'm not sold on Engvall either.) Huge fan of Matthews, Marner, and especially Hyman.

I have a bottle of the special Maple Leaf edition of Crown Royal. I opened it for one drink when Johnny Bower, who I knew and have an autographed sweater of, passed away. I had another when George Armstrong went. Most of the bottle is being saved for when we win the Cup, and if we happen to meet the Islanders along the way, I will be cheering 100% for the Leafs.

Almost 60 for me
As you may or may not know , I’m not a Pierre fan either lol
It’s hard here to tell it like it is , believe me ...
It tells me that the ones that can’t handle the truth about some of our players , are usually the ones that are fair weathered fans and or not knowledgeable in the nuanced part of the sport
Way to go
Great post !
Thank you
Go Leafs Go

Last edited:
Reactions: notDatsyuk

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I didn't see the post you are referring to but just want to throw my support behind you. You have me by a few years, but the frustration for a lot of us is well into the 40 year mark. I think we are allowed to be frustrated, and point out when we see one of our players struggle. I have a Tavares jersey hanging proudly in my office, but first and foremost it is a Leafs jersey. Players come and go, but the Leafs are forever... hence their tag line thingy, its true.

Being a fan is not about being positive about everything, and wearing rose (well blue in this case) coloured glasses, its about being passionate about our team and wanting nothing more than for them to win every game, and of course eventually the cup.

Some on here think that because you criticize a player, you automatically hate them, or the team for that matter... I think its just a difference in perspective between generations in many cases. I also find it so weird that so many of the Leafs so called fans hate players on our team? Or feel they can only love 1 of Nylander or Marner... very strange. To me any player with a Leafs jersey on, I am a fan of, by default, and I hope they are able to bring their best every night... cause without that, this team will not win.

And to support your point, JT is struggling in may areas. Looks like he is trying to do a little too much. He is one of those players who, when they are struggling, it is visually evident.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Futa was just on the fan and said he heard Sandin was done for the year? Grumble grumble.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Toronto should open the bank for Hampus Lindholm. Would be perfect.

Probably the best defensive defenceman in the NHL, but flies super low under the radar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad