Bitch,whine,moan,rage,complain,shh on,hate,bellyache, and throw up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If we could get a f***ing save we'd be fine. But our goaltending has shit the bed in the most egregious way to coincide with a bit of an offensive slump. The guys were hungry as all hell coming out of Edmonton to prove that they were the real deal and then our goalies just HURRR DUUURRRRRR and after enough of that it broke the team's spirit. Now they've lost confidence and are spiraling. It'll be a short spiral, the goalies aren't this bad, but f***'s sakes Dubas has to be sweating right now. We need to see some results and goaltending is this team's gigantic sore spot right now. I don't think he wants to hinge his career on Andersen bouncing back. I barely want to hinge my f***ing Friday or Saturday evening on Andersen bouncing back.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Toronto has 2 solid Goalies and a decent 3rd.
The problem is not the Goalie. Today, the issue was Fatigue...it happens on a back to back. When playing a non playoff team, your players have to show up and score. Playing to the level of your opponent is what a lot of young teams do.

This isn't the mainboards where you'll get 5 likes for disagreeing with the Leafs fans. Don't tell us our .900 starting goalie is solid for us this year. He's sucking dirty pond water.

No worries if you want to come in here and browse around to drink salty Leafs fans tears. We all do it to you guys when you're losing too. But commenting is not cool.

Hello to the 25 Oiler fans (and other fanbases too!) reading this but not commenting. Keep on enjoying hockey and thanks for not being "that guy".

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Wanted: Some saves.

If we had half decent goaltending we could get the odd win when the offence goes cold.

A goalie stealing us a game once in a while is all that's missing. The rest is just minor tweaking stuff.

If a goalie has to steal a game, it means the 20 guys in front of him are sucking ass. I'd rather the skaters steal us a game and the goalie be a non factor. There is no team in the North that can man for man stand up against the Leafs in terms of talent. It's matter if our talent will out work the other team.

If a team loses the goalie is always the problem, in every league, in every city. It's easy and convenient to pin the goat horns on the goalie when the team plays like shit.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This isn't the mainboards where you'll get 5 likes for disagreeing with the Leafs fans. Don't tell us our .900 starting goalie is solid for us this year. He's sucking dirty pond water.

No worries if you want to come in here and browse around to drink salty Leafs fans tears. We all do it to you guys when you're losing too. But commenting is not cool.

Hello to the 25 Oiler fans (and other fanbases too!) reading this but not commenting. Keep on enjoying hockey and thanks for not being "that guy".

Dude didn't say anything off base, in fact I think he was dead on with the fatigue thing.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It looks like we won the Cup in that three game sweep of Edmonton, and now the players are relaxing until next season.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I'm hear to Bitch about Mo Rielly not being able to clear the puck on that 4th goal and using that muffin shot to completely miss the net with under a minute to go.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Im here to bitch that Keefe needs to put the lines together that were successful instead of juggling them all the time.

Thornton-Matthews-Marner
Simmonds-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Engvall-Micheyev
Kerfoot- Boyd-Spezza

The 3rd line should remain in place for the rest of the season. Hyman boosts the overall lineup playing there.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If a goalie has to steal a game, it means the 20 guys in front of him are sucking ass. I'd rather the skaters steal us a game and the goalie be a non factor. There is no team in the North that can man for man stand up against the Leafs in terms of talent. It's matter if our talent will out work the other team.

If a team loses the goalie is always the problem, in every league, in every city. It's easy and convenient to pin the goat horns on the goalie when the team plays like shit.
It's easy to be lazy and not realize the fact that Fred has had only 9 quality starts all year and start a commotion that everyone else is wrong.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m so glad they have 5 days until the next game. I’m sure it will work wonders for them. There was a degree of frustration in their game the last few that was not there the entire season to that point. The break will be good for them. They need to calm down

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Hello fellow downers,

When I saw Tkachuk dance and Batherson and Stutzle blow kisses, it reminded me of simpler times when Marner and Matthews sang "Living on a Prayer" and I thought we were entering the legendary years. That was four and a half years ago. :(

Another miserable thought.....imagine we get hit with COVID?

Thank you and have a miserable day,
S

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver

just a little perspective for those of you that think this is a deeper rooted problem than just a 6 game slide.

also here is a snap shot of a 6 game stretch last year of the Tampa Bay Lighting schedule. A similar stretch like this also happened at the end of October/start of November for them. Just in case you are not aware, they ended up winning the Stanley Cup
upload_2021-3-15_6-57-53.png

Good teams go through bad stretches. Good teams get foiled by great goaltending. Good teams lose to teams they should beat. Lets take a deep breath and reserve panic for if this slide ends up putting us out of the playoff picture. the team is 19-8-2. They can afford to lose a handful of games. This regular season is meaningless, I literally couldn't care less where we finish in the standings as long as we get through the Canadian div in playoffs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Team is fine really except Jumbo who is quite frankly an anchor on either top line ... and our tending is not adequate

We got slightly outplayed last 2 games but only slightly ... both games solid tending would have got us a tie in each game but we did not get it ...

I think we will bring in a bid bad fast no 7 forechecking winger and another vet defender to help for playoff push ... Soupy will be fine to get us through north division if he can stay healthy

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If we could get a f***ing save we'd be fine. But our goaltending has shit the bed in the most egregious way to coincide with a bit of an offensive slump. The guys were hungry as all hell coming out of Edmonton to prove that they were the real deal and then our goalies just HURRR DUUURRRRRR and after enough of that it broke the team's spirit. Now they've lost confidence and are spiraling. It'll be a short spiral, the goalies aren't this bad, but f***'s sakes Dubas has to be sweating right now. We need to see some results and goaltending is this team's gigantic sore spot right now. I don't think he wants to hinge his career on Andersen bouncing back. I barely want to hinge my f***ing Friday or Saturday evening on Andersen bouncing back.

Haha

Good post.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We've hit a low point in our season. That being said, of the 5 losses in our last 6 games, we really only played poorly the last 2 games.

Our number one priority moving forward has to be addressing the goaltending situation. Having Campbell available after the break should help, but he may not stay healthy down the stretch.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019

Some technical discussion with things that Andersen is struggling with. Also worth noting that Andersen’s expected post-save stick taps to defenders are way lower than Campbell's.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I’m going to bitch to all of you who tore me apart and shunned me and cancelled me and you all made me cry
;)

what the hell is up with 47 and 15
They are absolutely useless
Especially 47
2 good games on the coattails of My crush Zach and Soup and poooooooffff he disappears never to be seen ever again
Oh nooooo
Teeder is mean , he’s so hard on our shhht players , what do you expect from a 3rd line player ?
Well I fuuuuuuu expect hard work like Zachary that’s what I expect
Yuk

Last edited:
Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I've honestly lost the will to watch this team as long as the goaltending is not addressed. The games vs Vancouver and first 2 against Winnipeg the effort was great, I loved the system we were playing and the guys worked hard. The last 2 not so much. The Winnipeg game was pretty bad, they played decent..but not great. And despite the shitty 3 calls at the end I felt we still deserved to lose that one. This one against Ottawa was just pathetic again, you gotta find a way to win and to make a save. I don't fault Freddy on the 1 timer goal, Muzzin had more than enough time to clear it and doesn't. The second one though, gives a huge rebound off a weak point shot. It's not just the goals against it's his play that's pissing me off. Always out of position, slides completely out of the net, just beyond frustrated. Will not watch a game until Dubas gets off his ass and does something. Or maybe until I'm done being emotional :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad