Bitch,whine,moan,rage,complain,shh on,hate,bellyache, and throw up

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I'm not worried. We are seeing an injury riddled team trying to play through it. Once soup is back and healthy, bench Andersen. Simmonds will be back soon and I think the rest will do these guys some favors.

No sense panicking, we know what's in front of us, we just need to add a a pinch more depth to push us over the top. Focus on the next game, find a good deal at the deadline.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Im not overreacting. You're always gonna lose regular-season games. No team is gonna go undefeated.

But I'm worried about is that I still don't see the Playoff type of play-style that I think is gonna win us a series.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Tonight and recently:

The Good: Hyman/Nylander
The Bad: Didn't start on time. Didn't finish first.
The Ugly: Hutch showing his old self. Defense has been struggling. Team defense has suffered too. The team is not being very patient. They have the entire game to come back from a one goal deficit, but no. They have to start a sprint to get a tie. Coaching has been suffering lately.

Guys,

I know we are in first, but we are slipping now. What does Shanny/Dubas do?

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It is simple. The harder you work, the more lucky you get. The teams need to work harder and remember what made them successful 7 days ago. They can do it bc that’s what they have been doing till 7 days ago.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
We are always the team guys get their first on. First win for a Zamboni driver and first win for the 3rd string senators goalie. I mean can this team find more ways to embarrass themselves? What's next? A NHL coach puts on the pads and wins a game against us?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Been looking at which Goalie and 3C are available. I won’t be surprised if Holtby and Sutter come our way and Andersen and Kerfoot going in the other direction. Cap wise it is a wash.
Question is, is Holtby better than Andersen at this point?

Holtby hasn’t been good for a couple years now, but he was a playoff warrior in his prime. I’m just not sure if he still has that left in tank, and it’s probably to risky to try.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't know man. I watch a lot of other teams sometimes and I would say our goaltending is league average or slightly above average. I paid particularly close attention to Markstrom last year, I saw him let in quite a few stinkers, only for the Canucks to rally quite a few times. What goaltending options would you consider right now? I think the age of the elite starter is finished.

This is like, patently false. Canucks are my main, Leafs are my secondary. But Markstrom was their MVP last year. He dragged them to the playoffs. By ClearSightAnalytics, he had the highest GSAx in the NHL. The Leafs...do not have that kind of goaltending.

Freddy simply doesn't cut it (and Hutch...yikes). He's an NHL average goalie, but not much more. A contender is going to need their goalie to occasionally win a game for them. But for the Leafs, they generally only win if they dominate play or shoot the lights out. Thankfully, that's fairly common. Even during this skid, they've had like 57% xGoals.

By MoneyPuck, Andersen's save % is essentially exactly as expected, given the shot quality against him. He's okay, but he's not stealing them any games. They've had a tougher stretch with their shooting right now. But they should be fine. A goalie or defensive upgrade would help though.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Holtby hasn’t been good for a couple years now, but he was a playoff warrior in his prime. I’m just not sure if he still has that left in tank, and it’s probably to risky to try.

Take it from the Canucks. Holtby is not good. Thatcher is our clear #1.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Because there are more games to evaluate than those games against the oilers?
Toronto has 2 solid Goalies and a decent 3rd.
The problem is not the Goalie. Today, the issue was Fatigue...it happens on a back to back. When playing a non playoff team, your players have to show up and score. Playing to the level of your opponent is what a lot of young teams do.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
If a soft goal is enough to cripple the psyche of this team, than they never had the mental toughness to win anything of note to begin with. Great teams rally around their mistakes, they do not get buried by them.

This is not a great team. You cannot even call yourself good until you advance in the playoffs.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
The problem is not the Goalie. Today, the issue was Fatigue...it happens on a back to back. When playing a non playoff team, your players have to show up and score. Playing to the level of your opponent is what a lot of young teams do.

Please don’t come in here and tell us the problem isn’t the goalie, when it is. Andersen has had 4 straight sub .900 starts.

The plan was to give Campbell a bunch of starts but he’s been injured almost all year. Andersen is barely posting backup numbers, and Hutchinson is an AHL goalie.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The problem is not the Goalie.
Today, the issue was Fatigue...it happens on a back to back. When playing a non playoff team, your players have to show up and score. Playing to the level of your opponent is what a lot of young teams do.

Lol.

This is as bad as reading Oilers fans claiming Marner is better than Matthews. Sure the Leafs have to score, but when the goalie allows 2 goals on the first three shots you're playing with a pretty large handicap. Not to mention Andersen's terrible play all year. But sure we shouldn't put blame on the teams most obvious and weakest link right now.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Lol.

This is as bad as reading Oilers fans claiming Marner is better than Matthews. Sure the Leafs have to score, but when the goalie allows 2 goals on the first three shots you're playing with a pretty large handicap. Not to mention Andersen's terrible play all year. But sure we shouldn't put blame on the teams most obvious and weakest link right now.

You okay there bud?

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Please don’t come in here and tell us the problem isn’t the goalie, when it is. Andersen has had 4 straight sub .900 starts.

The plan was to give Campbell a bunch of starts but he’s been injured almost all year. Andersen is barely posting backup numbers, and Hutchinson is an AHL goalie.

Your goalies are better than Ottawa's.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
What do you define as solid? Freddy has been a below average starter for some time now. His high danger save percentage this season resembles the great Garett Sparks. When we’re talking about goalies it’s moreso the fact that this is a consistent issue plaguing us this season and even last year.

The team played terrible these past 2 games but they’ve shown they can play at a high level much more often than not. The concern level isn’t too high for them unless this continues after the break. The bigger issue is what will happen come playoff time when we need a big save like every team does. All the evidence points to Freddy not being able to provide that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad