Biggest pet peeves in hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
It’s a small silly thing, but it bothers me when play by play guys say “he beat (insert goalie name) but hit the post!”. Well then he didn’t beat the goalie. He missed the net.

And I also agree with a bunch of posters, that the games starting 10-15 minutes later than listed start times is annoying and seems to be getting worse.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fans yelling "shoot" all of the time.

Banging on the glass.

USA arenas chanting "USA...USA" when they are playing a Canadian team. It isn't the damn Olympics. Many of the players in NHL teams are NOT from the USA.

People doing the wave at a hockey game....lame and embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and Lshap

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Three things:

- A player having to fight after a nice, clean body check.
- The trapezoid. Nothing says "We don't want new viewers" by having the cheesiest, most confusing rule in sports. Dear Gary, Brodeur retired long ago.
- The league's fixation on the new "rule of the day" that they call ridiculously tight for half a season then give up. The rules are still there but no one knows the standard anymore.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Typically the people that do this aren't actual fans and just scored expensive tickets. Drink too much and think they're special.
AS a STH who has seats in row 2 from the ice this is TRUE.

The row in front of us used to be all real hockey fans but they were price out. Now an Insurance company owns 4 of them and some of the people that sit there are annoying. One lady came in with spike heels and white pants. She had 2 glasses of red wine. She wouldn't sit down as she wanted to get on the jumbo tron. We could have told her that putting those two glasses of red wine on the little shelf behind the glass was a bad idea...She ended up wearing that wine on her fancy white pants. We called her a rookie. She was not pleased.

There are still a few of the original fans (came over from the old Boston Garden). I love when they are at the games.

"The Wave"
THIS^

Reactions: therealkoho

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
My pet peeves centre around injuries.

I think they are ruining the game. Goalies need to be better protected and players need more mutual respect.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
AS a STH who has seats in row 2 from the ice this is TRUE.

The row in front of us used to be all real hockey fans but they were price out. Now an Insurance company owns 4 of them and some of the people that sit there are annoying. One lady came in with spike heels and white pants. She had 2 glasses of red wine. She wouldn't sit down as she wanted to get on the jumbo tron. We could have told her that putting those two glasses of red wine on the little shelf behind the glass was a bad idea...She ended up wearing that wine on her fancy white pants. We called her a rookie. She was not pleased.

There are still a few of the original fans (came over from the old Boston Garden). I love when they are at the games.

THIS^
Haha that's a great story. Don't blame you, either.

And yeah the wave sucks.

Reactions: Ladyfan

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
1: Glass bangers for real if you're down there just enjoy the game nobody cares that you're sitting there.
2: Offside/Icing in OT, the flow of the game would be increased by so much if they didn't have to clear the zone.
3: Players giving token answers in interviews simply because they get crucified every time they show any personality
4: Fans saying WE when they're talking about their favorite team, WE didn't lose/win last night, they did.
5: Fans that can't acknowledge they are biased about their team, own that shit just do your best to control it.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Guys using the protection of a boarding call to just casually glide up to the boards with no urgency to play the puck knowing if they show their back they wont get hit

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
TV shots of players walking into the stadium for an upcoming game
I like that!
1673972256751.png

Reactions: Neil Racki

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Whenever there is an icing, I want the offensive team to fly up the ice like an NFL team in "hurry up offense" to take advantage of the other team being tired and unable to change.

Instead they lackadaisically glide up the ice giving the other team chance to catch their breath. Even giving enough time for a short advertisement.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not just hockey but in any sport....injuries. Imagine a fully healthy Lindros without the concussions, Forsberg with feet that work. Bo Jackson, Bobby Orr, Mario etc. I dont know if we can consider this a pet peeve but I really hate injuries.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I don't hate much. I try not to focus and define myself by what I don't like.

But I certainly hate "fans" who only hate-watch. It's a thing. For example, some "fans" claim to be supporters of teams like Montreal or Boston, but all they do is follow the Leafs and cheer against them. Don't try and tell me it isn't true, because I know these people in real life.

Genuine question: Is this a phenomenon other fanbases have experienced?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad