Biggest pet peeves in hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
"Your (team name) are... ON... THE... Leaky Dave's Colon Hydrotherapy Centre POWWWERRRRR PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY."

Meanwhile, there's now 1:34 left on the shit because it took so long to announce.
Especially bad if your power play sucks. Like Vegas under Spott.

"We're on the NV ENERGY POWER PLAY!!!!!!!!"

Whooooaaaaa buddy, settle down our power plays aren't something to get excited about it. :laugh::laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
players eating tons of suplements that are allowed and some maybe what are not allowed.

the power play itself, when was the current (the only ever) implemented anyways.. 50, 60 years ago?
and no one has ever thought a better one.
- every team fails 75-90 % of the time..

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
- Offside review
- Games not starting on time
- National anthems and military propaganda pre game
- Third goal of a hat trick or a milestone goal being an empty netter
- Someone being interviewed on the broadcast while the play is going on

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Belief in the non-existent "Loser Point". Don't like the extra point? Okay, remove it from the team that 'wins' a gimmicky OT/SO contest. The real hockey game ended in a tie. If one team was better, they would've won in 60 minutes. They didn't. So both teams split the 2 points, just like they did through hockey history.

It amazes me that some fans are so starved for a win they'll place their faith in a 5-minute skills competition over a complete and legitimate hockey game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Oh - and add me to the list of people who can't stand fans banging on the glass. They're not calling attention to something specific; they're just banging because... well... I actually have no idea why they're banging. Do they want players to look at them? Do they want the Zookeeper to toss them peanuts?

Congrats on your expensive seats. But when you bang on the glass it makes it look like they were donated through a radio telethon.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
"The play is under review"
If the refs can’t make a decision within 15 seconds looking at a replay then what purpose does it serve?
How many times have we seen experts ( ex refs ) get embarrassed by stating… oh this one is not going to stand …. Only to get contradicted.
This goes for every sport as the reviews aren’t even reliable.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
players who shoot puck in for icing when they only have to make one more stride to be over center line

Reactions: obZen

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Oh - and add me to the list of people who can't stand fans banging on the glass. They're not calling attention to something specific; they're just banging because... well... I actually have no idea why they're banging. Do they want players to look at them? Do they want the Zookeeper to toss them peanuts?

Congrats on your expensive seats. But when you bang on the glass it makes it look like they were donated through a radio telethon.
Typically the people that do this aren't actual fans and just scored expensive tickets. Drink too much and think they're special.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Lshap

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Goalies playing the puck like a skater but can’t be touched.

Don’t want injured goalies? Fine. Leave it up to them. They don’t wanna risk getting hurt, they don’t touch the puck like a d man or forward

wired14

Jan 28, 2008
It’s been mentioned, but for a league that wants to increase scoring, they are doing everything they can to add rules to review every damn goal (offsides, kicking motion, goalie interference, high sticking) and take away as many as they can. It’s getting like football where you can’t even celebrate when the play happens because they review everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad