Tribute T.J. Oshie Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Absolute warrior, shootout sorcerer, and king of the bumper. One of my all-time favorite Caps.

I’ll always remember him getting a hat trick the day after his father passed. Him sobbing on the bench and in Backy’s arms. Just a great dude. Hopefully his back stabilizes, and he can just enjoy his family.

Hadn't watched anything from the pandemic season in a long time. So eery how quiet it was. And yeah, Osh is just heart and soul.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
My favorite kind of player:

Sublime skill but weirdly doesn't always look polished, does a lot of "strange" intuitive things like using his feet a lot more than other players just to get the puck where it needs to go (even when he's got hands for days), scores, passes, makes good setup touches... isn't threatening to be one of the best, but one of the best complete players just below all-star/world level.

Physical as can be without being a physical standout, not fast, not even a particularly elegant skater, just... throws all the various parts of his body towards the play and makes it work.

He's like Frankenstein's hockey player, it feels like these attributes shouldn't all exist in one person but they do, and watching it work is compelling. They're not all the same caliber in a way that feels more noticeable than with other guys, maybe because his skating is arguably his worst skill and makes him look like he's trying to catch up to his own body while he plays "over his head" but he just kept succeeding over and over through what looks like willpower.

I've tried and failed to describe it but it's been really fun to watch.

That said, stop. You've got too many kids and too many major moments on the horizon to be sidelined for the rest of your life, be it back, brain, or just regular wear and tear on the knees. Love you forever but y'all did what you needed to do, played everywhere you're going to play, had a beautiful career. Call it and be present for them, enjoy the next phase of life, come back any time.

Reactions: RedRocking and g00n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad