Best Snipers

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Since december 1st , Max Pacioretty lead the league with 13 goals. Top 5 goals scorer since the lockout but meh, habs...

Yeah, but most of those goals are breakaways he gets from cherry-picking...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Overchkin, Tarasenko, Stamkos, Seguin, Pacioretty

If you haven't broken 30 goals or played a full season, you are not on this list (Laine, Matthews, Kucherov, Panarin).

I also did not go for a couple really great goal scorers just because they don't score a lot from range (Pavelski, Crosby)

The pucks and nets are the same in other pro leagues and international competition. Coach Maurice said he'd never seen anyone shoot like Laine as early as training camp. He's coached 4 teams and more than 1000 games in the NHL.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Best sniper of all time is Simo Häyhä , 505 confirmed kills in under hundred days in Winter War. The highest recorded number of confirmed sniper kills in any major war.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Best sniper of all time is Simo Häyhä , 505 confirmed kills in under hundred days in Winter War. The highest recorded number of confirmed sniper kills in any major war.

Finally someone brings up his name.

This is one where it's safe to say "AINEC"

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
1. Ovechkin
2. Tarasenko
3. Stamkos
4. Seguin
5. Laine
6. Panarin
7. Kucherov
8. Perry
9. Kessel
10. Hoffman

Akhurite

Feb 3, 2014
Toronto,ON
People seriously gonna leave Pacioretty off their lists? 40 goal scorer who doesn't go to the net and doesn't have great hands. How do you think he's putting up all his goals?

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013

He is actually Laines great grandfather. Wonder where he gets his aim from...

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Talking about pure sniping ability the TOP3 for me is:

Ovechkin
Laine
Tarasenko

Let me tell you this guy is one of the better snipers in the game even tho he's just scored 21 career goals.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
No offense to Laine, but based on your criteria, you're confident in saying he's top 5 after 20 goals over Seguin? What's the argument?

Or is this a literally at this moment in time question?

Care to elaborate?

This season alone, Laine is over Seguin

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Tarasenko
Hoffman
Neal
Kessel
Silfverberg
Laine

are who come to mind for me

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
What is impressive from Crosby is that while he doesn't always pick corners with clean shots, he does when the angle gets smaller. It's amazing and I've seen several beauties from him against the Flyers. His snapshot and backhand wrister are amazing.

ultraboy

Jul 7, 2006
Take off Patches and replace with Kucherov. Please.

Why? Max has had one 37 and one 39 goal season with 2 more seasons scoring more than 30 goals, while Kucherov has two seasons with 29 and 30 goals!

thecapsfan

Sep 3, 2012
Some people here don't seem to get that by technicality there is a difference between "sniper and goal scorer".

When someone is a great sniper, they are among the best in the league at blasting the puck into the net past the net minders from the ice almost always with the wrister or slap shot. Ovechkin for example is a great sniper by virtue of both. His one timer, and shot beats goalies a lot, even when they know it's coming in some cases.

If you're the best goal scorer in the nhl, you usually have more goal scoring attributes then just being a sniper, and are among the best in the world at putting the puck in the net by any means allowed and necessary. This could be sniping, crashing the net, deflecting, putting away garbage goals, making a moves that get you past the defense and through the goalie, being hard for the goalie to read your body language to know what you'll do, having a release that is deceptive, having an arsenal of effective shot selections (more than just one or both of a great wrist shot or one timer from the circle or middle of the ice).
Crosby is a great goal scorer, but I wouldn't put him as a top 5 sniper.

Ovechkin
Laine
Tarasenko
Stamkos
Pacioretty.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'm mean Carter is the definition of sniper...yet he's left off a lot of lists. So underrated, guy has 21 goals already.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Talking about pure sniping ability the TOP3 for me is:

Ovechkin
Laine
Tarasenko

Let me tell you this guy is one of the better snipers in the game even tho he's just scored 21 career goals.

Laine is actually a wizard tho. David Blaine type stuff coming from that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00