Best Snipers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
What about Crosby? Leads Nhl in goals and although has a million ways to score he's gotta have one of the worlds best shooting arsenal aswell, just not that flashy as the one timer prodigees listed here. Right?

he has an excellent shot but he scores most of his goals down low off rebounds and redirects.. wish he would shoot more

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Overchkin, Tarasenko, Stamkos, Seguin, Pacioretty

If you haven't broken 30 goals or played a full season, you are not on this list (Laine, Matthews, Kucherov, Panarin).

I also did not go for a couple really great goal scorers just because they don't score a lot from range (Pavelski, Crosby)

Even before playing his 1st NHL game Laine was considered as one of the best shooters in the NHL and he has pretty well shown why this season.

Normally I want longer sample sizes but this is shooting, which to me doesn't need 82 game season or 30 goals.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It might be too early to tell, but being #2 in league scoring as an 18 year old is a pretty good indicator that Laine is top 3 in the league. My top 5 would be as follows:

1. Ovechkin
2. Stamkos
3. Laine
4. Crosby
5. Tarasenko

HM: Nash, Benn, Pavelski, Kane, Malkin.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
You know this makes me think. My how Corey Perry has fallen. But I think he is still a deadly sniper.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
people sleeping on kessel since he has a pass first mentality this year, just wait till playoffs again.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Overchkin, Tarasenko, Stamkos, Seguin, Pacioretty

If you haven't broken 30 goals or played a full season, you are not on this list (Laine, Matthews, Kucherov, Panarin).

I also did not go for a couple really great goal scorers just because they don't score a lot from range (Pavelski, Crosby)

Both Panarin and Kucherov have scored 30 goals and played a full season...

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Right now it's probably still Ovie at the top, followed by Laine, Stamkos and Tarasenko.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Pacioretty is on fire right now. Love how quick of a release he has. I don't see too many guys in this league beating goalies unscreened from too far out like Patches does. If he wasn't playing through that broken foot at the start of the season he probably would be 2nd or 3rd in goals behind Crosby.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
Matthews is complete player, so i think he is on that list top3.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'll be taken as bias, but any list that doesn't have #8 as #1 is either not a big fan of his talents or a straight up hater. Guys in a lull this time every year and the same "whats wrong with ovi" threads pop up every single year. Whats he do? Drop a 50 spot and win the rocket. Sit back and be thankful you get the chance to watch the greatest pure goal scorer to ever grace our game. Fan of him or not, real recognize real.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Matthews is complete player, so i think he is on that list top3.

im a leafs fan but matthews isnt top 3 in shooting ability
he has 0 one time goals this year and by his own admission his one timer "sucks"
im sure hes being hard on himself but his one-T isnt anything special.
He has a goal scorers wrister however but thats not always how he scores his goals.
He gets a lot more greasy and net front goals than simply wristing one in.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Since december 1st , Max Pacioretty lead the league with 13 goals. Top 5 goals scorer since the lockout but meh, habs...

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
It might be too early to tell, but being #2 in league scoring as an 18 year old is a pretty good indicator that Laine is top 3 in the league. My top 5 would be as follows:

1. Ovechkin
2. Stamkos
3. Laine
4. Crosby
5. Tarasenko

HM: Nash, Benn, Pavelski, Kane, Malkin.

I don't consider Crosby a sniper. He scores, but his shot isn't in the same category as the others in your top 5.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
1. Stamkos
2. Ovechkin
3. Laine
4. Matthews (plz don't h8)
5. Tarasenko
6. Benn/Kane
7. Kucherov
8. Tavares
9. Seguin
10. Malkin/Panarin/Gaudreau/Forsberg/Drouin/Crosby

off the top of my head

As an isles fan who loves Tavares he doesn't belong in a sniper discussion. He's one of the best goal scoring centers but he's not what you would call a sniper. His shot is decent not great. He doesn't have a one timer. He scores his goals by creating opportunities and cashing in from the circles in. Not a sniper. The isles don't have a sniper and that's the biggest problem.

member 256847

Weird that Pacioretty doesn't get more mentions. He's the definition of a pure sniper. One of the best wristers in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad