Proposal: Best RHD to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This has been beaten to death around here this summer. There isn't a RHD available at a cost that makes sense for the Oilers.

There are always players who shake lose during camp . Prospect step up , Players become bitter about their roles . Not that we are quite there yet but the time is drawing new . I also read that Chia had talks with team early in the summer and would revisit them now . He not sure if something will happen but he is revisiting them , so there a possibility

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You missed the part of PP QB PMD? No interest in trading Klefbom for Troubas contract demands.
Nurse should be in the AHL this year and Davidson is not a top 4 D

You are right on all accounts . Davidson played like a top 4 D for about 15 to 20 games last year too short of a sample size to pencil him as anything more then a depth guy until he proves it over a full season

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
Tyler Myers is a decent #4 who can roll a good PP. Has a decent contract and is getting bodied out on the right side, (assuming Trouba is signed and plays on the right).

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Vats isn't getting traded after they made such a big deal about re-signing him. And unless Drai+ is coming back, I have no interest in giving the Oilers a player like Vats to help them. If they want Vats, they have to give up a big return to make it worth it for us.

I mean, you're free to value Vats however you want, but Draisatl plus?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If, and it is a BIG if, the Blues are out of it by the deadline, I can see Shattenkirk being moved for a top10 pick+ something else.

You realize no one in the bottom 1p teams would be looking at rentals. Especially not ones that expensive

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
you're not gonna get everything at once

Yakupov might get you McIlrath, righty but not a PMD, a big tough western Canada kid who would fit in right away with EO

not that i,even as a Ranger fan, would root for that,
we have depth up front,
and i expect Dylan to settle into a top 4 career

but last year our HC wouldn't let Ulf give Dylan the minutes needed to polish his game, and this year may not let Beuk either

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
they said pmd...... the answer is spurgeon, and the cost is drai

I don't think Fletcher wants to move Spurgeon. Commented recently that Spurgeon plays the way that he wants all the players to play.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
you're not gonna get everything at once

Yakupov might get you McIlrath, righty but not a PMD, a big tough western Canada kid who would fit in right away with EO

not that i,even as a Ranger fan, would root for that,
we have depth up front,
and i expect Dylan to settle into a top 4 career

but last year our HC wouldn't let Ulf give Dylan the minutes needed to polish his game, and this year may not let Beuk either

What's everything? We need a right handed puck mover. That's it. If we wanted a right handed, shutdown, 6/7, we'd just bring back Gryba

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If, and it is a BIG if, the Blues are out of it by the deadline, I can see Shattenkirk being moved for a top10 pick+ something else.

That's not the type of deal Shattenkirk would bring, simply because those teams would have no use for him. A late 1st and a good prospect or developing NHL'er with term on his deal? Maybe, depending on the prospect. But no way does Shattenkirk go for a top 10 pick+ unless that trade comes with a contract extension for Shattenkirk too.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Tyler Myers is a decent #4 who can roll a good PP. Has a decent contract and is getting bodied out on the right side, (assuming Trouba is signed and plays on the right).
Myers not really an effective PP QB. Might as well just run Klefbom/Sekera and 4 forwards

I mean, you're free to value Vats however you want, but Draisatl plus?
Theres a stupid myth on HF that if you have recently drafted a generational player that there's a unwritten law that you have to massively overpay in any trade.

The OP never mentioned Yak - only the 2017 1st.

McD for Oilers 1st.
McD is a LHD

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
In that case, we value Draisaitl at Vatanen and Rakell. I mean, that's not his value in a vaccuum, but for the Ducks, you betcha.

That's fine. We're not the ones asking for a certain player to fix a position that has been missing from our teams for years so we can be good again.

A poster said the Oilers should go after Vats, I just responded what I would want for giving a divisional rival a piece that massively fixes their team.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Theres a stupid myth on HF that if you have recently drafted a generational player that there's a unwritten law that you have to massively overpay in any trade.

You did though. In value, Hall>Larsson. Or is Hall worth less now because he's not an Oiler anymore?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Anaheim needs to trade a D-man and since Vatanen isn't as good as Fowler, I hope it's him.

Would be a perfect fit in Edmonton.

Yea I'm pretty sure Ana didn't just sign him to turn around and Trade him especially to a team in the division. But hey keep your dreams alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad