Proposal: Best RHD to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
The OP never mentioned Yak - only the 2017 1st.

McD for Oilers 1st.

Lol no. Mcd is worth way more than the oilers first. Top defencemen dont come cheap. It wouldnt even be a high pick as the oilers could make the playoffs with mcdounagh

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
You did though. In value, Hall>Larsson. Or is Hall worth less now because he's not an Oiler anymore?
No, Hall is a great player. Larsson is a 23 year old #2 defenseman on a great contract.
Vatanen is a 2nd pairing defenseman where as Draisaitl is a 2C with the potential to be a 1C.
2C>3D

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The answer is Dumba. It's always been Dumba. Teams just need to agree on price.

Dumba does move the puck, too bad you're never sure if the puck is going to his team or the other team. He's not a PPQB, more of a shooter type. I have him below average defensively. He still could grow into the roll as #2D, but that's a few years away.

Spurgeon would be what the OP is looking for from the Wild. He'll cost more than the 2017 1st that was offered. Wild (as with most other teams) need players that will have an intimidate impact, not a pick that might not help them for a couple of years.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Dumba does move the puck, too bad you're never sure if the puck is going to his team or the other team. He's not a PPQB, more of a shooter type. I have him below average defensively. He still could grow into the roll as #2D, but that's a few years away.

Spurgeon would be what the OP is looking for from the Wild. He'll cost more than the 2017 1st that was offered. Wild (as with most other teams) need players that will have an intimidate impact, not a pick that might not help them for a couple of years.
I really dont see any defenseman becoming available until probably December. If a team/player really struggles in Camp then we might see something shake loose but it won't be for the Oilers 1st at that point of the season

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
How much would you pay for Weber?
Nowhere near the price the Habs did. Friedman said today that the Oilers didn't like the asking price for PK, nor his contract because they believe McDavid will be the highest paid player in the NHL. Webers cap hit is still 7.8 million and he's 31 years old(plus another 8 million signing bonus next season)
Plus will he even play after next season for half the salary and no signing bonuses? Nashville fans were already saying before the trade that he lost a step this year

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere near the price the Habs did. Friedman said today that the Oilers didn't like the asking price for PK, nor his contract because they believe McDavid will be the highest paid player in the NHL. Webers cap hit is still 7.8 million and he's 31 years old(plus another 8 million signing bonus next season)
Plus will he even play after next season for half the salary and no signing bonuses? Nashville fans were already saying before the trade that he lost a step this year

idc about all that stuff, how much would u pay for him?? If the Oilers get desperate, they could end up paying alot methinks.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
idc about all that stuff, how much would u pay for him?? If the Oilers get desperate, they could end up paying alot methinks.
Friedman just spoke about it today. Chiarelli said the discussion for PK was very short. Can't see them paying the same rumoured asking price(Hall, Draisaitl, Klefbom, 4th OA) for Weber and can't see the Habs throwing more fuel on this PR dumpster fire :laugh:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Seth Jones was right there for you guys. :shakehead
Couldn't do it with McDavid out, Lander struggling, and Draisaitl just called up.
We have his brother who looked amazing everytime I saw him in his first WHL season

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
With vatanen signed a realistic option would be for brandon montour. Anaheim would probably ask for Puljujärvi and add a pick. I'm not great at value-ing prospects but probably the plus being in the 1st or 2nd round from Anaheim in addition to Montour?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With vatanen signed a realistic option would be for brandon montour. Anaheim would probably ask for Puljujärvi and add a pick. I'm not great at value-ing prospects but probably the plus being in the 1st or 2nd round from Anaheim in addition to Montour?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::help::popcorn: Good one . As for my OP We don;t want picks if we did we would just keep our 1st . Looking to make a deal with a team that may lose a D to expansion . Yet if Oiler fans offer picks and Yak for a prospect we get ripped .

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Friedman just spoke about it today. Chiarelli said the discussion for PK was very short. Can't see them paying the same rumoured asking price(Hall, Draisaitl, Klefbom, 4th OA) for Weber and can't see the Habs throwing more fuel on this PR dumpster fire :laugh:

it wasnt gonna be all 4 of that. 2 of them, asides klefbom, and yakupov most likely.
Montreal talking to Ducks in regards of Fowler pretty much meant that Montreal had no interest in Klefbom.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
They are fine until after the expansion draft. They are better off going with a 7/3 protection ratio and trading for another defender means they would likely switch to 4/4. Chia probably wants to see how Davidson/Nurse/Reinhart look this year as well.

I think Vegas is going to end up with a lot of good defenders but they likely won't have any top end offensive players, could be a good trade partner for Edmonton.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No, Hall is a great player. Larsson is a 23 year old #2 defenseman on a great contract.
Vatanen is a 2nd pairing defenseman where as Draisaitl is a 2C with the potential to be a 1C.
2C>3D

That's be true, if Drai was a #2 center. He's not one yet.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't think Fletcher wants to move Spurgeon. Commented recently that Spurgeon plays the way that he wants all the players to play.
I'm pretty sure Fletcher is content with keeping our entire d-core and then re-evaluating next summer after the expansion draft..
If Dumba is the answer we are asking the wrong question
It's the same reason why RNH is the wrong player for the Wild. Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Sorry, when did one good season make someone an established #2 center worth more than a #3 RH PMD that has been that for a couple of seasons now?
yea, you're right; Draisaitl is worth a 2nd at best :laugh:
That 20 year old recent 3rd OA has clearly peaked and will probably end up being a 30 point 3C if he's lucky(but not on a contending team)
The skys the limit for 25 year old Vatanen though, am I right?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
yea, you're right; Draisaitl is worth a 2nd at best :laugh:
That 20 year old recent 3rd OA has clearly peaked and will probably end up being a 30 point 3C if he's lucky(but not on a contending team)
The skys the limit for 25 year old Vatanen though, am I right?

Someone's a bit upset I see. Where did I say Drai was only worth a 2nd? Hint, no where. Where did I say Drai could never be a #2C? Hint, never said it. I did say he wasn't one yet, keyword "yet."

Maybe you should stop getting offended and exaggerating what other people say because they don't think as highly of your guy.

But hey, if you're so keen on your forwards and not fixing your defense, that's fine. Ducks are not going to help you guys out unless it's an overpayment, pretty simple concept that you seem offended I could ever even bring up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad