Value of: Best offer for Scheifele

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Girard, Newhook, +

MacKinnon and Scheifele down the middle would be insane. But I seriously doubt Winnipeg has any desire to trade him.
Getting better. Much better than another Avs fan offering Compher and Jost lol

And yes I realize the Jets will most likely not even be accepting offers let alone actively pursuing them in regards to moving Scheifele (my favourite player and I own 3 of his Adidas jerseys). I’m just trying to have some fun on my day off, while licking my wounds after being shut out by the fricken Coyotes on home ice last night is all.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, a very good start. I’m actually intrigued by this one

Girard is interesting, albeit a smaller puck moving LHD isn't a big need (Dillon, Josh, Heinola, Samberg, Stanley). Newhook is a must if Mark was traded to Avs, just a matter of what else the Avs add.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Holes? None

Upgrades? Sure, literally every team can upgrade every position including the Jets. If Mark was ever traded (he won't be, but just playing along) send the Jets back a 1C earning 6.125 million per year signed for 2.5 more years & producing at a PPG pace for years. Good luck with that.

Fans are frustrated regarding the head coach (rightfully so) and losing streak........Mark & his contract has huge value.
if we trade mark, it will be for another mark. got it thanks for playing along.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
did he say something besides that? because saying ill play along and then "we will only trade mark if we can get back another guy just like mark" seems a bit like give me mark for mark.
He followed it up with another post stating that he was intrigued by Newhook and Girard +. As would I be. Keep in mind I realize the odds of trading Scheif are almost non existent . We’re just having some fun to help forget about the car crash that occurred last night.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Lets really swing for the fences how about.

My offer:

Scheifele/Ehlers for Newhook/Byram and a B prospect. Who says no?

In this case obviously the Jets would be reloading to make a run in a few years time. IF that was ever the case they would have a handful of other players available as well. And yes I know it would never happen.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

My offer:

In this case obviously the Jets would be reloading to make a run in a few years time. IF that was ever the case they would have a handful of other players available as well. And yes I know it would never happen.

The Avs aren't trading Byram.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

My offer:

I think you're getting a little greedy there.

1 - I can't see the Avs moving their 2 best prospects/young NHLers in the same move
2 - Ehlers and Scheif have a combined combined cap hit of $12+, both Avs players are on ELC's
3 - You want another B prospect as well?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It doesn't make sense to trade him at this point. What he needs is a kick in the ass. Get a new coach.

I understand that that is not how Chevy acts, but he also doesn't trade away good players willingly.

What I'd do is just cut his minutes down to about 14 a night. Just say he's not 100% yet, and when he plays like he's closer to 100% then you can raise his minutes.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I think you're getting a little greedy there.

1 - I can't see the Avs moving their 2 best prospects/young NHLers in the same move
2 - Ehlers and Scheif have a combined combined cap hit of $12+, both Avs players are on ELC's
3 - You want another B prospect as well?
Maybe its greed, but its not like we’re giving up slugs here. Scheif and Ehlers are both proven to be top end players and both are locked up to very team friendly deals. Of course the Jets would be willing to take back salary to help the Avs fit these two in.

The finer points of a deal like that could be ratified in many different ways, and obviously would have to be to make it work. Bu the foundation of the deal would remain the same. Scheif/Ehlers for Byram/Newhook.

This in turn would instantly make the Avs cup contenders (more thn they are now) and not just this year but for years down the road. And for the Jets it would obviously be a move made to contend in a few years. By doing so they would be basically throwing in the towel for the season and going with a rebuild on the fly, and in my hypothetical situation, would involve an entire new coaching staff and a fresh start for the Jets.

I realize that this would most likely never happen but really is it that much of a stretch to think it could work for both teams? The thought of Newhook, Perfetti and Dubois down the middle for many years, along with Byram, Heinola, Sandberg and Stanley on the back end would be a good foundation to the youngish talent the Jets already have

You gotta give to get and like I said, its not like the Avs are receiving overpaid bums on the downward decent of their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad