Value of: Best offer for Scheifele

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Erik Brannstrom + Collin white + 1st (lottery protected) + 3rd
Oof.

Take out Brannstrom and White, add Pinto and remove the lottery protection on the 2022 1st. THAT would be worth trading a ppg #1 C (5 years in a row despite his very real struggles so far this year).

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We would consider Suzuki as well as Cole. But would really have to think long and hard about that

Habs can’t trade Suzuki, he’s their golden goose. CC is a smaller right winger, not a huge need (maybe replace Wheeler once he retires/traded) and he’s struggled this year. Trading a 1C for CC+ would not be a good idea. Only way I would even remotely consider that personally is if no young C prospect was offered by all other teams (which is unlikely, teams in need would offer a C prospect++) plus Copp & PLD extended giving the Jets a 1C & 2C signed. A 1C PPG in his prime signed at 6.125 million for 2.5 years holds huge value.

Reactions: Snowman

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Habs can’t trade Suzuki, he’s their golden goose. CC is a smaller right winger, not a huge need (maybe replace Wheeler once he retires/traded) and he’s struggled this year. Trading a 1C for CC+ would not be a good idea. Only way I would even remotely consider that personally is if no young C prospect was offered by all other teams (which is unlikely, teams in need would offer a C prospect++) plus Copp & PLD extended giving the Jets a 1C & 2C signed. A 1C PPG in his prime signed at 6.125 million for 2.5 years holds huge value.
There is no situation in this world where I would consider trading Scheifele with the main piece coming back being Caufield. It would start with Suzuki and depending on what else the Habs added would be decided from that.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
There is no situation in this world where I would consider trading Scheifele with the main piece coming back being Caufield. It would start with Suzuki and depending on what else the Habs added would be decided from that.
That just won't happen though. Habs aren't trading Suzuki. If that means no Scheifele, so be it. If there's no workable deal around Caufield, Guhle, etc. then there's no deal to be had. Dvorak can be included if need be, but I assume the Jets would just run Copp at #2C assuming he's re-signed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Problem with that outside Suzuki which they wouldn’t trade, CC is really the only prospect I would even have mild interest in from the Habs. So I don’t think Habs could put together an offer I personally would be interested in (Romanov maybe interesting also, but he hasn’t had a great year either). I’m not saying their other prospects are crap, they just have nothing we don’t already have in prospects. So if we signed Copp & PLD our top 6 is taken care of at centre position……what can the Habs offer to add to CC that fills any Jets needs that the Jets would consider trading a 1C PPG in his prime signed to a incredible contract at 6.125 per year for 2.5 years.

I can’t see the Habs trading for Mark if they’re rebuilding, which is yet to be determined. If they don’t rebuild then maybe.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
There's been more than 50 replies.

Has anyone offered a player that is even remotely as good as Scheifele in return?

I didn't think so.

That's what happens when you go shopping just because you're pissed off.
Haha. I get the impression you think I feel this is real life or something?

Its a hockey forum that discusses hypothetical situations conjured up in the minds of armchair wannbe GM’s. Its for shits and giggles. I dont get offended nor do I take anything as fact. Lets just chill out and enjoy the chatter as we would if we we’re sitting in a pub with a few beers in front of us and the game on in the background

Reactions: Dache

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Oof.

Take out Brannstrom and White, add Pinto and remove the lottery protection on the 2022 1st. THAT would be worth trading a ppg #1 C (5 years in a row despite his very real struggles so far this year).

I counter with Pinto/C.Brown/Boucher/1st protected

Blue chip prospect/Top 6 proven nhler/ 2021 top ten draftee / A most likely top 10 1st

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I counter with Pinto/C.Brown/Boucher/1st protected

Blue chip prospect/Top 6 proven nhler/ 2021 top ten draftee / A most likely top 10 1st
Darn good counter offer. I know very little about Boucher other than he was an off the board pick. What are the conditions on the 1st?

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Boston offers Jake Debrusk, he is really good (Better than Thomas Chabot, Kyle Connor and Matthew Barzal just to name a few).

Reactions: Heldig

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If he was European, he'd get killed by media for his defensive play.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
If he was European, he'd get killed by media for his defensive play.
Go to the Jets board and check it out. Trust me when I say that he does get killed by the fans for it. If he was playing in a major market he would be getting killed by the media as well, nationality aside

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad