Value of: Best offer for Scheifele

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
This seems like a sever overreaction. Jets will be fine, theyre just in a slump. Toronto fans were asking for a rebuild like 6 games into the season. This is no different
As I said in the OP I’m just having some fun after what was a very depressing week as a Jets fan. I fully realize the likelihood of Scheif being traded is slim to none, and I agree with that. He’s been my favourite player by far since 2015. Its a hockey forum made to have some fun hockey talk.

Reactions: Heldig

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't think you want to move Sheif. Star players go through slumps all of the time and what you get in return will never equal what you gave up.

(Not that Sheif is of the level of Ovi), but remember when people thought Ovi was done a while back? He's literally challenging for 50 in 50 at 36 as well as the Rocket Richard.

Elite players do not grow on trees, be patient.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
There's been more than 50 replies.

Has anyone offered a player that is even remotely as good as Scheifele in return?

I didn't think so.

That's what happens when you go shopping just because you're pissed off.
Jets fans know that they won’t get a guy as good back. It’s more we think he is bad in dressing room bringing down the room. It will never happen but it is annoying seeing him give 50% and pld giving 100% and getting less ice time and we don’t think Maurice is going anywhere. So hoping to get a good prospect and a 1sr. It won’t happen but we aren’t expecting a guy as good back.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This seems like a sever overreaction. Jets will be fine, theyre just in a slump. Toronto fans were asking for a rebuild like 6 games into the season. This is no different
Some Toronto fans, but otherwise, you are right, it is just a slump.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maybe its greed, but its not like we’re giving up slugs here. Scheif and Ehlers are both proven to be top end players and both are locked up to very team friendly deals. Of course the Jets would be willing to take back salary to help the Avs fit these two in.

The finer points of a deal like that could be ratified in many different ways, and obviously would have to be to make it work. Bu the foundation of the deal would remain the same. Scheif/Ehlers for Byram/Newhook.

This in turn would instantly make the Avs cup contenders (more thn they are now) and not just this year but for years down the road. And for the Jets it would obviously be a move made to contend in a few years. By doing so they would be basically throwing in the towel for the season and going with a rebuild on the fly, and in my hypothetical situation, would involve an entire new coaching staff and a fresh start for the Jets.

I realize that this would most likely never happen but really is it that much of a stretch to think it could work for both teams? The thought of Newhook, Perfetti and Dubois down the middle for many years, along with Byram, Heinola, Sandberg and Stanley on the back end would be a good foundation to the youngish talent the Jets already have

You gotta give to get and like I said, its not like the Avs are receiving overpaid bums on the downward decent of their careers.
This would be a great deal and avs would say no. Only reason jets fans, not jets, is we are annoyed that they are losing. This would be too close to getting equal value back. If we traded schief we are getting quarters back.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Schiefle has huge upside no doubt, but he has been trash in his own zone for a loooong time. Part of this is Maurice's fault for not holding him accountable and his relationship with wheeler, another Jet who cares little about defence.

Reactions: Channelcat

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Scheifele is easily an all star #1 C if he wants to be. But Winnipeg won't see that player until his contract year. I'd be more than ok with moving him.

Reactions: rymr66

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Scheifele is a good player who seems to have some attitude problems. Any team that has him as their leader isn't going to win much until he matures. Which at age 28 and his most recent suspension, seems unlikely to ever happen.

I could see Boston making some sense, hoping he could learn under Bergeron's final few seasons, no idea what they'd offer tho.

Maybe Vancouver in a deal around Horvat.

I wonder which team would say no in this 1 for 1: Barzal for Scheifele

Honestly, i don't see why the Jets would be at all eager to pull the trigger on any Scheifele deal. He's a big part of what can make that team great. Maybe having a rough comeback from Covid, and trying to join the season mid-stream. But if they did decide to make a major shakeup like that, the Canucks would definitely be a viable partner.

Some sort of deal around Horvat would certainly be interesting. I'm not sure what the Canucks would have to add there, but it'd be worth looking at. Scheifele's contract is extremely valuable, but it also isn't "forever", so that has to be a factor. That kind of counterbalances Horvat also not being on a "forever deal".

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I find a couple of offers interesting, and would be interested in breaking them down.....please comment

#1 Barzal for Scheifele

#2 Pettersson for Scheifele

So here are my thoughts on these 2 trades.................again please correct me if I am wrong

It seems to me, as all 3 are having tough starts, we have to look at this as all 3 are having regular years, as that is the kind of assets they demand.

So, IMO, with not getting into stat comparisons, etc............they are pretty much equal in talent and what they bring to their clubs..........

The difference in both Barzal's and Pettersson's cases, is their age, and the years in between them and Scheifele.

What is that difference worth?

I am thinking, in both cases, it is a 1st round pick, especially, because Winnipeg's 1st will not be a top 10 pick.

So, is that a rational way to look at that. and if not why?

#1............Scheifele and 2022-1st for Barzal

#2............Scheifele and a 2022-1st for Pettersson

I can hear the Jet fan's outrage, already, but both Barzal and Pettersson should be playing well after Scheifele is retired

OK..........Roast away!

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It’s extremely rare to trade a big and skilled center in his prime and come out ahead. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Reactions: Ciao

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I find a couple of offers interesting, and would be interested in breaking them down.....please comment

#1 Barzal for Scheifele

#2 Pettersson for Scheifele

So here are my thoughts on these 2 trades.................again please correct me if I am wrong

It seems to me, as all 3 are having tough starts, we have to look at this as all 3 are having regular years, as that is the kind of assets they demand.

So, IMO, with not getting into stat comparisons, etc............they are pretty much equal in talent and what they bring to their clubs..........

The difference in both Barzal's and Pettersson's cases, is their age, and the years in between them and Scheifele.

What is that difference worth?

I am thinking, in both cases, it is a 1st round pick, especially, because Winnipeg's 1st will not be a top 10 pick.

So, is that a rational way to look at that. and if not why?

#1............Scheifele and 2022-1st for Barzal

#2............Scheifele and a 2022-1st for Pettersson

I can hear the Jet fan's outrage, already, but both Barzal and Pettersson should be playing well after Scheifele is retired

OK..........Roast away!
Yep as a jets fan if you don’t look at stats which shows how they have produced and could in the future produce it’s fair. That’s taking quite a lot out of the picture. So assuming they are equal you’re logic works.

Reactions: zcaptain

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Yep as a jets fan if you don’t look at stats which shows how they have produced and could in the future produce it’s fair. That’s taking quite a lot out of the picture. So assuming they are equal you’re logic works.

If you look at PPG Scheifele is just slightly ahead of them the last 4 years, and so slightly behind this year

Trend or anomaly?

Again Scheifele has a better PPG, but that 5 years is glaring

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I offer advice to have a little patience for a player returning from covid so you don't look like a goober selling low on a 6'3" 28 year old center who's scored above a PPG for the last half decade.

Reactions: zcaptain

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Scheifele is easily an all star #1 C if he wants to be. But Winnipeg won't see that player until his contract year. I'd be more than ok with moving him.
The sooner management figures out(if they haven’t already) that they need to fire Maurice, you’ll see an entirely different team in Winnipeg. Too much complacency and the roster would benefit by getting a new voice behind the bench IMO

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If you look at PPG Scheifele is just slightly ahead of them the last 4 years, and so slightly behind this year

Trend or anomaly?

Again Scheifele has a better PPG, but that 5 years is glaring
I’d argue that the ppg game is glaring, and would argue the bigger sample size is a better test than 6 weeks, Barzal has 8 points this season, schief has 8 points. Versus last years stats where schief has 15 more points. So would argue there doesn’t need to be a 1st as we are trading the guy who scores at a higher rate for a younger guy. Age for ability.

Last edited:

thai jet

Aug 13, 2021
Winnipeg
Jets fans know that they won’t get a guy as good back. It’s more we think he is bad in dressing room bringing down the room. It will never happen but it is annoying seeing him give 50% and pld giving 100% and getting less ice time and we don’t think Maurice is going anywhere. So hoping to get a good prospect and a 1sr. It won’t happen but we aren’t expecting a guy as good back.

I'm not so sure anymore. Former TNSE and TSN radio host Hustler Paterson has started floating this idea. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get a note from Scot Brown from the Jet's pr dept to get it out there. The team has to be exasperated with this guy. He is nonsense has been going on for more than three seasons now. When we played the Blues the year they won the cup I counted three periods in the whole round including an overtime where he gave any kind of effort. It's like he's trying to emulate how Adam Oates was during his career. 19 seasons and zero cups. Concentration on point production, bigger and bigger contracts and longevity. It it were 3 decades ago he would have held out by now. Outside that stupid hit on Evans he has been one of the softest players in the league for years. Guy is a dressing room cancer and needs to be gone. Either that or bring in Babs to see if he can get this guy to give a shit on the ice. To the Yotes for a few picks would be good place for him.

Last edited:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I’d argue that the ppg game is glaring, and would argue the bigger sample size is a better test than 6 weeks, Barzal has 8 points this season, schief has 8 points. Versus last years stats where schief has 15 more points. So would argue there doesn’t need to be a 1st as we are trading the guy who scores at a higher rate for a younger guy. Age for ability.

I don't know..........that 5 years has a solid value..........I think it is hard to argue against, truthfully

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad