Best and Worst Play-By-Play Announcers

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Definitely not Romanuk and Millen.

But to answer the question, I think I like TSN's broadcaster a lot more. NHL should have had a television deal with them than Sportsnet.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Kenny Albert was my first thought
Hughson great as well

As far as local ones I really like the Flyers crew, and Joe Benanati

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I used to listen to Bruce Martyn of the Wings when I was a kid. Can't say that I've heard better since. He was great.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
John Kelly in St louis is good , his dad was awesome. dont like Gord Miller, he sounds like kermitt the frog.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Dave Mishkin (radio) will have you on the edge of your seat, about to get into a car accident.

He would have done wonders for Tampa's ratings had they hired him for the TV PBP.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Without a doubt, Kurt Kielback.

I last saw him as a play-by-play announcer in the movie, "Goon".

He'd be retirement age now...

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
All time personal fave? .... Ted Darling (RJ was always my favorite radio PBP) Emrick, Hughson, and Cole would by my picks outside of Buffalo.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Dave Mishkin (radio) will have you on the edge of your seat, about to get into a car accident.

He would have done wonders for Tampa's ratings had they hired him for the TV PBP.
Mishkin is fine until a goal is scored. Doc sucks too.

Peckham is great.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
For current PBP, hands down Gord Miller for me. He makes everything intense without sounding off as awkward and biased. Really like Cuthbert and Forslund too.

For current analyst, Ray Ferraro is awesome. Love hearing his honest feedback on something. Isn't just going to nod and agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad