Value of: Best 1 for 1 return for Askarov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
See here is the thing, I think I know 2 of those names, and they certainly all aren't
" stud Dmen ". They may newly drafted and promising from a Habs perspective, but if they are studs everyone knows their names before they even get here.

Yeah we could definitely probably use a guy capable of being a #1 guy, but what teams don't? The main reason we keep saying a top young forward is because that is what our GM is saying. It's not out of left field.
Reinbacher was just drafted #5 OA, Guhle is playing top pair minutes at 22 on the Habs, Hutson was considered for Hobey Baker as a freshman... Xhekaj and Harris played in the NHL and looked quite good doing it under 22 y old.

I mean, these are pretty good young Ds in the system... Probably the strongest prospect D system in the league after Anaheim.

Molendyk and Ufko is not sufficient IMO. To me Nashville's system D depth is a weakness, not a strenght.

All their top young players are forwards.

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
I completely understand Pred fans in their reluctance to move Askarov unless it's for an overpayment; they do not need to move him right now. I may be in the minority, but I would pay a premium to acquire him from a habs perspective, within reason. Unfortunately I do not think we are good trade partners. Preds are looking for a stud potential top 6 centre, and we can't afford to trade the ones we have.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Would you trade him for one of our D? Guhle playing well. Struble should be NHLer someday, Hutson a blue chipper. Wifi in the mix. We could move Matheson for a blue chip goalie.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It'd have to be an equally blue chip prospect; a Reinbacher, Clarke, Nemec type. I certainly wouldn't trade Askarov for Matheson.
We can't do that. We just turned down Askarov and 15th at last draft for Reinbacher. Not going to turn around and trade him for Askarov alone now.

We could trade Monahan or Matheson for 20th pick in draft or so. Flip that to you for Askarov. If that is any help to you?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
We can't do that. We just turned down Askarov and 15th at last draft for Reinbacher. Not going to turn around and trade him for Askarov alone now.

We could trade Monahan or Matheson for 20th pick in draft or so. Flip that to you for Askarov. If that is any help to you?
No, it isn't. Montreal's best tradeable assets are on the defensive side and I don't think there's much interest for us. And it would be silly to have spent the draft pick we did and the years of development so far on Askarov to trade him for a lesser pick than we used on him.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Jeez you’d think Askarov is the next Martin Brodeur the way people are over asking and passing up on actual good players here!! :rolleyes:
Nah. We just think he's a highly promising prospect there's no reason to trade unless there's a great deal on the table--pro-tank Preds wanting to rush to trade anything not strapped down excepted.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Reinbacher was just drafted #5 OA, Guhle is playing top pair minutes at 22 on the Habs, Hutson was considered for Hobey Baker as a freshman... Xhekaj and Harris played in the NHL and looked quite good doing it under 22 y old.

I mean, these are pretty good young Ds in the system... Probably the strongest prospect D system in the league after Anaheim.

Molendyk and Ufko is not sufficient IMO. To me Nashville's system D depth is a weakness, not a strenght.

we have Molendyk, Ufko, Stastny, Livingstone, Del
Gaizo as all close or NHL ready D in the pipeline

we don’t need Montreal’s sloppy
seconds and pseudo assets

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Exactly what I am saying. No top young D prospect beside Molendyk, maybe Ufko.
? Ufko is last in that list, though... so if he's a "maybe", then so are all the others. If we get two #4-6D out of them, and something better out of Molendyk, that's all we need from our D prospect list atm. We already have a Norris caliber #1 guy. Plus a likely top-10 pick in a D-heavy draft this year, and 10 more picks to boot. Contrast with: Askarov is our ONLY projectable goalie in the pipeline at all. We're just not going to trade him. Trotz would have traded him and #15 for a chance at Smith or Carlsson, but nobody was listening to Trotz on that one.

In what world is Askarov worth a potentiel franchise center….
Whatever world that is, that's the only world in which Askarov is traded. Interpret that as you will. :naughty:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Whatever world that is, that's the only world in which Askarov is traded. Interpret that as you will. :naughty:
I dont care if he does or not but i can promise you that he will never return a young potentiel franchise center,winger or def

Goalies have never had that kinda of value and while hes a good prospect he hasnt proven nothing in the nhl yet

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Hobey Baker has proved time and again not to mean a thing.

Stastney and Del Gaizo have both been playing this season and look ready to go. Like I said, Brunette wanted Molendyk in Nashville this season and Trotz told him no. Livingstone has played a couple of games and didn't look bad either.

We have several draft picks coming up this next season as well. We've proven time and again you can find top pairing Dmen out of the 1st round.

Like I said, outside of a possible #1 we are fine.

I dont care if he does or not but i can promise you that he will never return a young potentiel franchise center,winger or def

Goalies have never had that kinda of value and while hes a good prospect he hasnt proven nothing in the nhl yet
Then he stays in Nashville and we are ok with that.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Why would we trade Askarov for the 20th pick? We drafted him at 11 and he's been showing that he deserved that ranking.

Jeez you’d think Askarov is the next Martin Brodeur the way people are over asking and passing up on actual good players here!! :rolleyes:
No, but he is one of the best goalie prospects in the world along with Wallstedt. He's our best prospect and we're not giving him up for no reason. Alexander Holtz is not reason enough to move our best prospect when we already have Kemell, Evangelista, Afanasyev, Wood, Tomasino and Parssinen already.

mercer seems like a good buy low swap for the preds
It wouldn't be buying low if we have to give up our best prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad