Value of: Best 1 for 1 return for Askarov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm not sure gms value goalies the same as center or D prospects tho.

NJ let's say? Maybe it's Nemec, maybe it's Mercer. Edmonton? Not sure what they could realistically offer plus he's not a win now goalie

Very unproven. Best on a rebuilding team. Chicago or something
I mean, I'd say he's unequivocally our no.1 prospect, if teams don't want to offer a top prospect that's fine, but teams aren't getting him for Valeno or a Beck.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Before considering trading Askarov I'd pay attention to the fact that Saros is playing like shit this year. There is no guarantee he's gonna still be Vezina quality for another 5 years.

Fact is Askarov hasn't proven that he's worth another team giving up what we would need to get back for him( a young 1C).

So I'm guessing Askarov stays

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Askarov is one of, if not the, best goalie prospects in the world and who guys have Nemec and Hughes. Trading Casey for him wouldn't be close to a fireable offense.

If Casey becomes an elite defenseman, and Askarov turns into your average NHL goaltender, then yes a move like that could be a fireable offense.

It's just not good practice to move a high end prospect for another teams high end prospect. (unless its a change of scenery type trade, which obviously is not the case with Askarov/Casey)

That's why you never ever ever see those types of trades.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If Casey becomes an elite defenseman, and Askarov turns into your average NHL goaltender, then yes a move like that could be a fireable offense.

It's just not good practice to move a high end prospect for another teams high end prospect. (unless its a change of scenery type trade, which obviously is not the case with Askarov/Casey)

If you're trading from a position of strength to fill a position of weakness then it makes sense.

Reactions: Bone Density

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

And if Askarov reaches his potential and Casey becomes an average defenseman?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Why the hell would we trade Askarov for a defenseman? That is a fireable offense right there
Yeah, there is no way we're trading Askarov for Casey, regardless of what NJ fans think of it all. It's not worth arguing about whether it's a fireable offense or whatever, because it's simply a non-starter. It's not even on the table to begin with.

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad