Recalled/Assigned: Benn Ferriero

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i like him. the rangers the past year and a half always seem to get a good boost when we add a fast player to the lineup. speed makes us a much better forechecking team.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
For his first game with the team, I thought he was pretty good. If you're getting ice time at the end of the game, you're doing something right.

Punxrocknyc19*

So now can we agree he should be on the 3rd line over Michael ****ing Rupp, Bleed Ranger Blue?

id love to see him get some penalty kill time... his speed might create some chances.. i cant remember if he played any PK time in San Jose... he did get some PP time... like i said this reminds me of the John Mitchell Stu Bickel type trade. player that no one knows much about, that comes to NYR and earns ice time by good plays

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
Ha.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Tortorella said he likes "that little sh**" talking about recently-acquired Benn Ferriero. Said he liked his speed, composure, jam

SupersonicMonkey*

He looked good. Brought a lot of energy.

For now he should definitely stay.

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
Can't say I was that impressed by him...but, good skater and did nothing bad...WIth ARNOTT coming (likely as 3rd liner or 2b liner), I would definetly use him as a 4th liner instead of one of our bottom of the barrel fighters we have in Asham and Rupp...and/or night off for Halpern

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It was a good debut for him, and he impressed the coach. But so did Kolarik his first game here 2 years ago. Its no assurance of success or future long term minutes.

Can he kill penalties? Because as of right now, we need PK guys. Halpern, Callahan, Boyle and Stepan are the tenured guys, Nash and Hagelin will see time but we need additional option.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wait... why do we need 7 PK guys?

2 reasons.

You start with the fact that you want 3 sets of 2 forwards running 40 second shifts over the 2 minute power play.

Where that leaves you is, if Ryan Callahan takes a penalty, as he often does, or any of those 6 guys is in the box or injured, you need someone to take their place and perform adequately, which is preferable to doubling, which we have had to do before.

In addition, I do not believe Halpern's spot to be a 100% promised one.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nevermind about Arnott. I was apparently looking at David Perron... or Arnott's total for the whole season.

Also, it's not the only model there is. Pittsburgh had the 3rd ranked PK last year and essentially used 4 guys all season.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
With the acquisition of Ferriero and Arnott, it is looking more than likely that Kreider will go back to Hartford. Hope it will serve to wake him up and get him to work hard.

filth e mcnasti

Jan 27, 2013
AZ
I thought the kid played very well. Seems like we should keep him up and playing on the third line for the time being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad