Recalled/Assigned: Benn Ferriero

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so is Haley sucking in CT? Did they not sign him to a one way deal next yr? Would he have to clear waivers which is why they are not giving him a shot?

Segal, Newbury, Ferriero all spare F call ups in 5 games

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If you're gonna play the numbers game:

Ferriero: .24 PPG in NHL
Rupp: .17 PPG in NHL

Well done. Ferriero, unable to become an NHL regular approaching 25 years old, only has to keep that pace up for a few hundred more NHL games. A true apples to apples comparison.

Im not fan of Mike Rupp on the 3rd line. But Im even less of a fan of pretending an AHL transaction will be a better option.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well done. Ferriero, unable to become an NHL regular approaching 25 years old, only has to keep that pace up for a few hundred more NHL games. A true apples to apples comparison.

Im not fan of Mike Rupp on the 3rd line. But Im even less of a fan of pretending an AHL transaction will be a better option.

There are a plethora of examples of 25 year olds establishing themselves as NHL regulars in the bottom 6 when they land in the right spot. Hell, Mike Rupp himself was barely established as a 25 year old.

Based on what I've read, I think Ferriero has an opportunity to be a better fit for our 3rd line than Rupp is, at equal production. But he will have to earn it, so no problems starting on the 4th from my standpoint.

SupersonicMonkey*

Rupp on the third line is moronic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There are a plethora of examples of 25 year olds establishing themselves as NHL regulars in the bottom 6 when they land in the right spot. Hell, Mike Rupp himself was barely established as a 25 year old.

Based on what I've read, I think Ferriero has an opportunity to be a better fit for our 3rd line than Rupp is, at equal production. But he will have to earn it, so no problems starting on the 4th from my standpoint.

So you're admitting your entire analysis is based on not liking Rupp as opposed to having any idea of what this other guy is capable of?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brandon Prust was 25 the year he came to the Rangers and to that point had been a borderline NHLer (just 46 games in 2 seasons prior). He is now one of the most valuable bottom 6 players in the league.

Don't write a guy off because he's 25 and hasn't made it yet. I'm not saying Ferriero will make it, but I think he has some tools and has that kind of upside to still become an NHL player.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So you're admitting your entire analysis is based on not liking Rupp as opposed to having any idea of what this other guy is capable of?

I'm saying his game might be better suited to line with Hagelin and Boyle than Rupps is. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking. Two active skaters willing throw the body, like Feds and Prust were, works best with Boyle. Rupp is not an active skater (read: high energy), though he is willing to throw the body.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Brandon Prust was 25 the year he came to the Rangers and to that point had been a borderline NHLer (just 46 games in 2 seasons prior). He is now one of the most valuable bottom 6 players in the league.

Don't write a guy off because he's 25 and hasn't made it yet. I'm not saying Ferriero will make it, but I think he has some tools and has that kind of upside to still become an NHL player.

Indeed, everyone was so happy with Prust on the 3rd line at times as well.

Everyone should agree theres depth problems up front on this team. Why waste your time and energy putting faith into every johnny-come-lately that comes along?

If Ferriero plays well for a few games, then maybe he'll be worth mentioning.

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Ben F. is a god 3rd 4th liner with speed and hustle. We complain we dont have enough legit 3rd and 4th liners, and we maybe have one now... so...

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com

Way to ignore the fact that Mike Rupp is only an NHL regular because he's a big guy and fights. He is slow as molasses, has no offensive creativity, and is slow as molasses. Ferriero is a borderline player because he's an actual hockey player and isn't that big.

If you think Rupp on the 3rd line is a better option than Ferriero, then you do. But holy ****, please explain. And by explain, I don't mean tell me that Ferriero isn't a better option (which you're basing solely off of NHL experience).

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

:handclap: No dude, Rupp is so much better. he's slower and useless, BUT he drops the gloves more. He has way more skill because of just that. Doesn't matter if a guy with hustle and grit and can still move the puck comes, he sucks cause he isn't Rupp.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Way to ignore the fact that Mike Rupp is only an NHL regular because he's a big guy and fights. He is slow as molasses, has no offensive creativity, and is slow as molasses. Ferriero is a borderline player because he's an actual hockey player and isn't that big.

If you think Rupp on the 3rd line is a better option than Ferriero, then you do. But holy ****, please explain. And by explain, I don't mean tell me that Ferriero isn't a better option (which you're basing solely off of NHL experience).

You're selling molasses short here.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
:handclap: No dude, Rupp is so much better. he's slower and useless, BUT he drops the gloves more. He has way more skill because of just that. Doesn't matter if a guy with hustle and grit and can still move the puck comes, he sucks cause he isn't Rupp.

Prust fights more too but he makes a ridiculous amount of money. Rupp is a 4th liner only, Torts is a dummy for playing him 3rd line

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

Good point.

Where do we find this diamond in the rough bottom 6 agitating grinder that can be had for a discount price and come in and be a difference maker for us?

I mean Sather found Avery, then he found Prust. Both for very cheap. Where is the next one hiding? That would be very interesting to know.

Haley (does not look so), Mashinter (naaa - maybe future Rupp replacement),, Ferreiro (hmmm)...

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
so Torts lied and called someone up, lol...............please be for Bickel and not Kreider. Assume Asham is out still

Get real. Tortorella didn't lie--Ferriero played his first game for the Whale last night. Most people in the organization hadn't seen him play in person before.

This is not some conspiracy. Even Mulder is bored.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
rumor down on the farm is he isn't happy being with the Rangers and not happy at all with the system or coaching staff in Hartford.. Haley regrets leaving the islanders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad