GDT: Bedard VS Crosby - Tuesday at 7PM Central on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who plays better in the season opener?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Look at this guy randomly coming out of the woodwork after the game is over.
Yeah sorry, life out here in Texas is football. Football then more football. Had to wait until the little bastards finished one of their games before I could watch some of the Hawks...I should have stopped having kids at 2 lol

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our 3 young Dmen all played very well...Murphy still is slow but all we want from him is to be steady ...S.Jones is still no $9.5 m player button least he did not make positional gaffes (at least not too much tonight)..but I think they may want to reverse Pp1 and have Kirchinski run it and demotexS Jones to PP2..woukd be more effrctive PP1.

Very impressed by the effectiveness of Vlasic..nice he got an attack point on a pkay made by him..but hisreal value is how well he plays defensively to stop entries or get pucks back and actually clear so well ...I think he has earned top paring minutes...anyone who can help S.Jones like he has ,we have nit seemn since $9 5 got here. So I am impressed by how well Vlasic has played..Kaiser still makes some mistakes but at least he has the speed and agility to recover and move the puck out the other way..
Just keep Zaitsev off shifts..

As to tge forwards tonight...the ones who need to pick up their games from tonight's effort (not in any order) were Reichel (not intensive or determined enough ...especially on defensive checking which was poor on sone shifts in tge 3rd period)...akso A A did not impose himself much in this game..he needs to be better too..they played on different lines but hopefully once Kurashev gets back they will re-unite him with Reichel and A.A. which showed energy and chemistry when put together last season...T.Johnson and Raddysh also need to play better...they did notcdo much to impress this game.
Taylor Hall was very unnoticeable this game...He needs to play a lot better..
Donato was OK but still I do not see hom as tge long term winger this season that fits best with Bedard and Hall..

3rd line was ok ...4th line was very good ...

Mrazek was very good tonight. goid goaltending is 70% of winning..

So in alk a good competitive game and nice comeback win for the Hawks...but not everyone pulling together on the oars.. If Hall,A.A.and Reichel pkay better and the goaltending holds up this team xoukd dash hopes for another high lotto pick by winning a lot more games than expectation.

But...we need all hands on deck...tonight a few slackers ...so a nice win .nice game overall ...but especially Hall ,Reichel and AA. Need to join the party with better efforts abd performances..

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He was tame.

What’d you think of the young d-men overall?
From what I saw he played well. Jones looked excellent to me but I missed the first 30 minutes. Kaiser is the kid I have a lot of hope for. All around good soldier, we will win a lot of games with players like him.

This defense can transition the puck out of our zone on a dime. This is a far cry from just 2 years ago...a lot to like here albeit 1 game in..

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yeah sorry, life out here in Texas is football. Football then more football. Had to wait until the little bastards finished one of their games before I could watch some of the Hawks...I should have stopped having kids at 2 lol

Love me some good ol’ 1994 John Tyler vs Plano East. Greatest comeback in sports history that never was….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad