Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Made the point before I did. He's got it between the ears and that's the most important thing by a mile.
Oh ya. Hockey IQ is by far the biggest thing.

But as far as just skating aspects, top end speed is not as important as burst/how quick do you get up to speed and edge work. This isn't speed skating how often do hockey players even go 20+ meters in a straight line. Then it is also about puck-handling. What good is speed if you can't handle the puck at high speed and make hockey moves. One of AAs problems is his hands can't keep up with his feet. Bedard is one of those guys that doesn't slow down with the puck on his stick and can do slick moves at high speed.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
For bedard I wonder what it’s like to finally find a league that you can’t just dominate with your B game. I was kinda chuckling at how chill he was after a 4 point game. Then I realized that in his mind that’s what hockey is haha. I lace up my skates then I dominate. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. Sick puppy.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Wow. I didn't catch that when I saw it live. I was wondering how the puck squirted to Foligno, kid has next level IQ. I've seen him do this once before, breaking up a 2 on 1 at the WJC.
Foligno made a similar tip of blade pass to Bedard for a goal. Sees it once and duplicates it (even better). So talented!

Reactions: BobbyJet

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
When Bedard was drafted a predicted a developmental trajectory similar to Jack Hughes.

If Bedard keeps this up, I may have to accelerate that projection.

Good lord, kid.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Bedard is incredible. This offseason, you have to get him real help. If Nylander or Reinhart makes it to free agency, you have to pursue them heavily. Do not go into another season hoping a random might step up.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Bedard is incredible. This offseason, you have to get him real help. If Nylander or Reinhart makes it to free agency, you have to pursue them heavily. Do not go into another season hoping a random might step up.
I would trust the process rather than jump the gun. I think letting the young guys settle into their place like Nazar with Bedard will be more beneficial in the long run allowing them to create their own culture, as was or is davidson's MO

something about nylander and the leafs locker room reminds me of a more toxic version of whatever the issues were with a toews/kane lead locker room(re: Vlasic talking about the shift once they were gone.)

I think the ducks did this well for example, where it's apparent mctavish zegras and others are meshed well together

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I think Hawks need to stay the course regarding signing UFAs.

If there are some guys left after day 1 who are willing to sign short term overpayments, then absolutely.

But it'll still be too early to sign UFAs long term deals. Davidson needs to find the middle ground between not hurting the future, but also not forcing Bedard to do everything by himself.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Just my opinion, but I don't think its too early to sign guys this coming summer. After the Hawks are punished with Celebrini, they will be barred from a lottery pick the next 3 years anyways. The tank will be ending. Start building it up slowly. You don't have to wait until you are a cup contender to sign players. Think of it like the Brian Campbell signing, which came 2 years before Hossa.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

ello

Jun 12, 2018

If there are some guys left after day 1 who are willing to sign short term overpayments, then absolutely.

But it'll still be too early to sign UFAs long term deals. Davidson needs to find the middle ground between not hurting the future, but also not forcing Bedard to do everything by himself.
Any idea whos UFA this summer who’d fit that description?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Agreed.

Hawks should be willing to do massive overpays on one or two year deals to get Bedard some real linemates.

Now is not the time for long term signings.

Reactions: Giovi and Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad