Post-Game Talk: Bean

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
did this play make anyone else irrationally angry in the moment? Yeah there’s maybe something there if Panarin doesn’t just stare at the pass but jesus can this guy ever take a shot lol

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If you don't stick up for your boys who's gonna stick up for you. A guy just basically mooned the whole bench by hitting Lindgren from behind on purpose because he felt comfortable doing it. Winning this game was nice but I'd lose it 10 times out of 10 in a regular season game to send a message that you aren't doing that to our team. If not you're gonna get bullied all year and the next time it might be Panarin or Fox because , "they aren't gonna do anything about it". It might be my only issue with the Panarin line that we don't have someone to deal with that stuff while our best forward is on the ice. It sucks that Panarin was the closest to him but imo he had to grab him.
Look, I understand all of it already.
But nobody's going to be deterred from anything because Artemi Panarin grabbed them in a scrum.
It's one thing if one of our guys has two men on him. Then you have no choice.

I think it would have been best for him to not take two minutes there. Not only did it make a 5 minute major a 3 minute major, he's arguably as valuable as Fox on that PP.

If he grabs me in that scrum and I'm a Bruin, we fight. My chances of losing aren't good and if I can take him off the ice for this whole 5 minute major, that is a win every single day. On top of that I get a chance to throw a beating in a legit star because he came looking for it.

I don't think it's what he should be doing. He and Fox are about the only ones I give a pass to for this, but I wish they would take it.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Absolutely. A bunch of us screamed about it in the GDT.
oh yeah and I’m sure Panarin really wanted him to shoot based on how he coasted after the setup. He baited half the Bruins into a change and then walked through the other half to set up Zib and then just gets a shitty pass flung back in his skates :laugh:

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If you don't stick up for your boys who's gonna stick up for you. A guy just basically mooned the whole bench by hitting Lindgren from behind on purpose because he felt comfortable doing it. Winning this game was nice but I'd lose it 10 times out of 10 in a regular season game to send a message that you aren't doing that to our team. If not you're gonna get bullied all year and the next time it might be Panarin or Fox because , "they aren't gonna do anything about it". It might be my only issue with the Panarin line that we don't have someone to deal with that stuff while our best forward is on the ice. It sucks that Panarin was the closest to him but imo he had to grab him.
It's not the old days. The call on Panarin was ref BS to soften the 5 minutes. Players do more than he did after every frozen puck by the net. And Panarin isn't deterring anyone. Reeves didn't deter anyone. No one is deterred by anyone. Lindgren leaves himself open to big hits. Add in that Pasternak had some ridiculous vendetta and NO ONE was deterring him. Our team handles itself just fine. Only Ranger fans think we're soft. I'll take the win, thanks

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
oh yeah and I’m sure Panarin really wanted him to shoot based on how he coasted after the setup. He baited half the Bruins into a change and then walked through the other half to set up Zib and then just gets a shitty pass flung back in his skates :laugh:
On one of the replays that was shown you can see Panarin basically roll his eyes. I interpreted it as even he expected Mika to shoot, but it simply could've been disappointment they didn't score.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006

Suck on that Aho
On one of the replays that was shown you can see Panarin basically roll his eyes. I interpreted it as even he expected Mika to shoot, but it simply could've been disappointment they didn't score.
Yeah, I saw that roll of the eyes as a "Shoot the F'n puck". Then again that's also what I was saying

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
BTW, Vincent Trocheck has a legitimate claim to most underrated player in the league. How many fans, or media members for that matter, are aware that he's playing at basically a point per game? While playing all situations and being the center on the best line on the team and basically the engine that's running the team?
I watched him closely in the Carolina series in 2022. All I was thinking of is "the Rangers have cap space this summer. They need to find a way to bring him in".

My memory may be a bit off, but it seemed like he was on the ice more than Aho that series and that Rod deployed his line against the Zibanejad line when they were at home and mostly kept that line quiet. Seemed like he won just about every key faceoff too.

I would have preferred to give him 5 years than the 7 he got but to have him those two extra years isn't a big deal when inferior 3rd line centers will be making that money 4 or 5 years from now.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Seriously, Al Trautwig had one single rough broadcast and he was forcefully disappeared instantly.
Al was a malcontent anyway, remember when he blew his top like a looney tunes character because Vally had the audacity to make a hair joke? Trautwig considered himself to be some kind of legend that deserved respect and took himself way too seriously. His awkward interviews were a running meme, and I kinda miss that but personally I never liked the guy. We joke about Giannone and Joe around here but I never felt that way about them as people. There was also that time he blew up on Twitter over something stupid and made himself look like a clown. Nothing lost imo, and the broadcast is probably as good as it has ever been with the additions of Valley, Hank and now Boyle.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Al was a malcontent anyway, remember when he blew his top like a looney tunes character because Vally had the audacity to make a hair joke? Trautwig considered himself to be some kind of legend that deserved respect and took himself way too seriously. His awkward interviews were a running meme, and I kinda miss that but personally I never liked the guy. We joke about Giannone and Joe around here but I never felt that way about them as people. There was also that time he blew up on Twitter over something stupid and made himself look like a clown. Nothing lost imo, and the broadcast is probably as good as it has ever been with the additions of Valley, Hank and now Boyle.

Boyle is great to listen to on the Up In The Blueseats podcast. His takes/analysis are great.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not the same thing, considering Aho is in a different weight class. Even back in the day, enforcers didn't go out and challenge star players if said star players did something dirty.
That’s why you line a guy up like Aho and make him hurt. No one on Carolina will doo anything about it anyway except maybe TDA but Trouba can handle him

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It's not the old days. The call on Panarin was ref BS to soften the 5 minutes. Players do more than he did after every frozen puck by the net. And Panarin isn't deterring anyone. Reeves didn't deter anyone. No one is deterred by anyone. Lindgren leaves himself open to big hits. Add in that Pasternak had some ridiculous vendetta and NO ONE was deterring him. Our team handles itself just fine. Only Ranger fans think we're soft. I'll take the win, thanks
That being said, we play the B's how many more times this season?

Pasternak needs dental work. Full stop.

If no one on this team is capable or deems it necessary that's on THEIR SOFT ASSES

The guy was running ALL NIGHT LONG. Has been running.

NO ONE DOES SHIT

f*** all their candy asses for letting it happen.

"Bunch of p***yes" - Joe McRath

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I always wondered wtf was wrong with Al Trautwig in his interviews. They were some of the most cringe/awkward moments I have ever witnessed. Was it intentional? One time I can recall him asking a NYR player (I think maybe stepan or mac) “has your life ever been affected by cancer?” and I almost died of second hand embarrassment

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah IMO on that one, Lindgren did put himself in a vulnerable position, but it wasn't one of those plays where a guy turns at the last minute making himself vulnerable. He was basically in that same position reaching for the puck for a couple strides and Pastrnak had him lined up the whole time, and the whole time it was going to end up badly. That play wasn't bang-bang, Pastrnak went after him.

I feel like if you didn't call a board you could almost call a charge, since he skated many strides with the sole intent of laying out Lindgren.

Oh well, at least Lindgren is okay, I'm convinced that guy is made 80% out of rubber.
Agreed. Pasta has a vendetta against Lindgren. Quite obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad