Post-Game Talk: Bean

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I couldn’t believe the game Mika played. He was great but literally went out of his way to not shoot the puck. It was laughable at points.
In futbol they call those "good balls" and you give the guy a thumbs up or a light clap. On HFBoards you MF the guy and tell him to shoot.

It's the new meta. Adapt or sound crazy.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
dave maloney went on a bit of a rant saying lindgren put himself in that position and didn’t help himself at all by keeping his hands low at the boards rather than up to brace himself. he put a lot of the blame on lindgren himself, which has been a bit of a recurring theme with him
Dave is right. Lindgren needs to be smarter about making himself vulnerable. That doesn’t EXCUSE a cheap play but Lindy has to be smarter. If you are flashing a lot of money in a bar, you don’t deserved to get mugged, but you were still stupid.

I can’t blame them. I’d be pretty peeved myself after some of the officiating. and the icing on the cake was the puck hit off the ref which allowed the rangers to maintain possession and close the game out. just an unfortunate and frustrating game.
f*** them. The only goal they got should have been waved off. Both teams had bad calls against them.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
After Lindgren’s breakfast special pancake, Panarin looks around and no one is doing shit, so he jumps in instinctively to defend Lindgren, not to deter anything. He wears an A and felt responsibility, even if it’s just hugging or whatever, I appreciate his effort (as long as it’s not against a noted fighter)

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Look, I understand all of it already.
But nobody's going to be deterred from anything because Artemi Panarin grabbed them in a scrum.
It's one thing if one of our guys has two men on him. Then you have no choice.

I think it would have been best for him to not take two minutes there. Not only did it make a 5 minute major a 3 minute major, he's arguably as valuable as Fox on that PP.

If he grabs me in that scrum and I'm a Bruin, we fight. My chances of losing aren't good and if I can take him off the ice for this whole 5 minute major, that is a win every single day. On top of that I get a chance to throw a beating in a legit star because he came looking for it.

I don't think it's what he should be doing. He and Fox are about the only ones I give a pass to for this, but I wish they would take it.
Pastranak skating away without even so much as what Panarin did would be a joke on the Bruins bench. I don't want him fighting either but sometimes you can't stand by and watch your guys face get planted to the boards. The situation you made up there would open you up to a lifetime of ass kickings, especially a guy like Pastranak, every time we played them. I can guarantee there's not one player on the Bruins team that wouldn't have jumped Lindgren if the roles were reversed, and that's why they are as successful as they are. As I've said before i kinda wish they had atleast one guy that could handle himself on that line.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Extended version

KLHZ6J.gif

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This
Pastranak skating away without even so much as what Panarin did would be a joke on the Bruins bench. I don't want him fighting either but sometimes you can't stand by and watch your guys face get planted to the boards. The situation you made up there would open you up to a lifetime of ass kickings, especially a guy like Pastranak, every time we played them. I can guarantee there's not one player on the Bruins team that wouldn't have jumped Lindgren if the roles were reversed, and that's why they are as successful as they are. As I've said before i kinda wish they had atleast one guy that could handle himself on that line.
This. It’s very easy to read Panarin’s body language in that moment. Did he want to go engage with Pasternak? No. Did he understand repercussions of engaging? Yes. But he was the closest and engaging in that moment was more important to the team’s overall dynamic and his own fit specifically than potential consequences.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I find myself yelling at the tv a lot when Wheeler is on the ice.
I noticed something about Wheeler as the team was just breaking out of the Trochek OT party and skating in the “congrats” line high-fiving each other. He was on camera for like 20 seconds smiling from ear to ear - positive vibes on steroids. Winnipeg must be an awful place to live and play lol.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
You mean skating to the locker room looking like an ass to his teammates because he put his personal vendetta ahead of the team? The same guy who might cost them more if he gets suspended a game or two? That ass?

Lindgren wiped off the blood and kept playing. Who’s the man here?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This

This. It’s very easy to read Panarin’s body language in that moment. Did he want to go engage with Pasternak? No. Did he understand repercussions of engaging? Yes. But he was the closest and engaging in that moment was more important to the team’s overall dynamic and his own fit specifically than potential consequences.
He should have crosschecked Pasta in the teeth. 1 game suspension or whatever would have been more than worth it.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Even so, once they pulled Pasta out, he continues to go at it with Wotherspoon, who isn't really doing anything. That's why Panarin got 2 and he didn't.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Got a page in on B's postgame and couldn't do anymore. They should never get called for a penalty, the Rangers are hardly impressive and going nowhere because they lost to Toronto at home. Officiating is biased against Boston all the time. Rangers gifted one in regulation. Biggest phony fanbase in hockey, right up there with Jersey. Same ones that kiss Marchand's *** are talking about integrity lmao.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not the same thing, considering Aho is in a different weight class. Even back in the day, enforcers didn't go out and challenge star players if said star players did something dirty.
Trouba was talking about Goodrow or someone in the guys weight class making the challenge. If I recall correctly.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Even so, once they pulled Pasta out, he continues to go at it with Wotherspoon, who isn't really doing anything. That's why Panarin got 2 and he didn't.
Nope. Go re-watch it. I see you want to find something at fault from Panarin but it wasn’t the case. Panarin got 2 min for his initial going after Pasta (which was explained already) and nothing else.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad