Post-Game Talk: Bean

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
What amazing news to wake up to.

I've always been rather meh on trocheck but dude is crushing. Though he and bread are on my playoff shit list and I want to see both of them prove it there.

Also, uhh when was the last time we beat the B's twice in a month or so?!

Team is the real deal. And we're incredibly unhealthy still.

Want more edstrom tho.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I understand what he's trying to do, but Panarin needs to chill out in these post incident scrums. It like a worst case scenario if someone actually goes with him.

Ugh The Tom Wilson rag doll, OOOF.

Hey Rangers fans, why is Lindgren always on the receiving end of nasty headshots? I've seen 4-5 alone on him this season.

Yeah, IMO, he's a nasty f*cker and makes opposing players very upset. Reminiscent of when Matt Martin turned Troubs into post-road runner incident Wile E. Coyote that one time. Wanna be mean? Know what can come of that. These boys know what's up, they are some of the toughest athletes on the planet.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Hey Rangers fans, why is Lindgren always on the receiving end of nasty headshots? I've seen 4-5 alone on him this season.
dave maloney went on a bit of a rant saying lindgren put himself in that position and didn’t help himself at all by keeping his hands low at the boards rather than up to brace himself. he put a lot of the blame on lindgren himself, which has been a bit of a recurring theme with him
Pasternak still charged him (went full speed and didn’t let up).

However, Lindgren puts himself in horrible positions to be flattened, he’ll dump it in from the red line and stare dead to rights at the oncoming forward and get clobbered. Every other D on the team including Trouba make the same play but as they’re releasing the puck they’re already turning away and get a shrug of a hit instead of being road killed. Does it when clearing the D zone too, it’s ridiculous already.

Last edited:

Slaydagnar

Oct 18, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
dave maloney went on a bit of a rant saying lindgren put himself in that position and didn’t help himself at all by keeping his hands low at the boards rather than up to brace himself. he put a lot of the blame on lindgren himself, which has been a bit of a recurring theme with him
Lindgren has a bad habit of keeping his head down that’s why he’s always getting creamed. Luckily he’s tough as nails
How many times last few years has he gone off for concussion protocol at least 3-4 a year

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Joe spins things more than a washing machine. “Rangers fans are gonna love Adam Hall. Aaron Voros is gonna make Rangers fans forget about Sean Avery.” He makes every player sound like a 10 time all star and a future Hall of Famer.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Beat Boston on the road and handed the Kings their first lost on the road in regulation this season. There's been worse weeks for compete levels.

It's funny that on both Trochek goals he got to open space where he could score from because the defenders didn't track him ... they were looking the other direction. He must have had his cloak of invisibility.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Something has to be done about 88 looking to injure lindgren. There is obviously something going on and can’t be let go any further.

Also has anyone else noticed Lindgren play has definitely seemed to have slipped. He got better as the game went on , but first period he could barely handle the puck or make any plays

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Something has to be done about 88 looking to injure lindgren. There is obviously something going on and can’t be let go any further.

Also has anyone else noticed Lindgren play has definitely seemed to have slipped. He got better as the game went on , but first period he could barely handle the puck or make any plays
Based on my eye test, Lindgren doesn't look as good as previous years ... seems like he's making more bad plays. I always liked him but now am a little worried. Wonder what the stats would say.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
It's funny that on both Trochek goals he got to open space where he could score from because the defenders didn't track him ... they were looking the other direction. He must have had his cloak of invisibility.
I’ve really liked the out of structure movement that they’re incorporating on PP1 this year. The 4 righties gets awkward and stagnant against good PKs and it was happening last night until that Trocheck play. They even ran it again and it was nearly wide open again. As great as this unit is they’ve never been great at finding the bumper so I hope they keep moving Trocheck around to get different looks

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Refs sure seemed to like the Rangers in that one.

Is there anyone in the NHL who is worse than Lindgren at avoiding getting pulverized?

Unable to ever lessen the impact of a check. Seems to have zero awareness of opposing players lining him up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Boyle said that too, but it was more of a caveat. But either way, can’t go full bore into the numbers there. If 88 just goes in from the side to seal off Lindgren it’s completely ok, not to mention, smart hockey. He was out for blood.
Yeah IMO on that one, Lindgren did put himself in a vulnerable position, but it wasn't one of those plays where a guy turns at the last minute making himself vulnerable. He was basically in that same position reaching for the puck for a couple strides and Pastrnak had him lined up the whole time, and the whole time it was going to end up badly. That play wasn't bang-bang, Pastrnak went after him.

I feel like if you didn't call a board you could almost call a charge, since he skated many strides with the sole intent of laying out Lindgren.

Oh well, at least Lindgren is okay, I'm convinced that guy is made 80% out of rubber.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Based on my eye test, Lindgren doesn't look as good as previous years ... seems like he's making more bad plays. I always liked him but now am a little worried. Wonder what the stats would say.
With all the pounding his body takes his next contract is key for him. Not sure how long he can stay effective for long with the price his body is taking. Not bashing Lindy. Just being realistic. He is human. Its a strange situation where I want him to be rewarded financially for his sacrifice but Im nervous about it being against our cap.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1702823414019.png

1702823500115.png

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I understand what he's trying to do, but Panarin needs to chill out in these post incident scrums. It like a worst case scenario if someone actually goes with him.
If you don't stick up for your boys who's gonna stick up for you. A guy just basically mooned the whole bench by hitting Lindgren from behind on purpose because he felt comfortable doing it. Winning this game was nice but I'd lose it 10 times out of 10 in a regular season game to send a message that you aren't doing that to our team. If not you're gonna get bullied all year and the next time it might be Panarin or Fox because , "they aren't gonna do anything about it". It might be my only issue with the Panarin line that we don't have someone to deal with that stuff while our best forward is on the ice. It sucks that Panarin was the closest to him but imo he had to grab him.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I’ve really liked the out of structure movement that they’re incorporating on PP1 this year. The 4 righties gets awkward and stagnant against good PKs and it was happening last night until that Trocheck play. They even ran it again and it was nearly wide open again. As great as this unit is they’ve never been great at finding the bumper so I hope they keep moving Trocheck around to get different looks
the PP goal last night was similar to Brodzinski's goal the other day, when he got to play with the first unit. They both managed to get in the slot unmarked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad