Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Benzema 4th is a little disappointing, but he didn't win anything this year. But boy do his teams records owe to him.
Kante 5th and Jorginho 3rd are logical for those who value trophies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Who should Messi thank the most? Neal Maupay for injuring Bernd Leno.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Poor KDB. When he has a top season, he's barely top 10 in the BdO. When he has a down year with injuries and average performances, he's 8th. Better ranked than Mbappe :biglaugh:

It's an incredibly hard award for England based players to win. Only been done twice in the last 50 years - Ronaldo in 07 and a bizarre Michael Owen win in 2001.

Kevin Keegan did win it twice...when he moved to Hamburg...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's an incredibly hard award for England based players to win. Only been done twice in the last 50 years - Ronaldo in 07 and a bizarre Michael Owen win in 2001.

Kevin Keegan did win it twice...when he moved to Hamburg...
Same with french.
Papin won it playing in OM, Weah won it as soon as he moved to Milan (spent half the year with PSG IIRC), Zidane won it abroad, Platini too. Don't think Messi's few months counted much here.

But my point was rather than KdB had a down year and had no business being top 10. However, in better years, he was ranked lower.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Is the thought here that it pushed Emi to the prevalence and he had a great Copa or that Leno would have gone on to win?
The bad PR ruined Maupay’s reputation and stopped him from winning the Ballon D’or a year later.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Benzema 4th is a little disappointing, but he didn't win anything this year. But boy do his teams records owe to him.
Kante 5th and Jorginho 3rd are logical for those who value trophies.
Team accomplishments ≠ individual performance

You couldn’t ask more from Benz tbh
But Madrid still went to the CL semis if we have to take team success into account, and honestly I never thought Madrid would fo that far tbh

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Team accomplishments ≠ individual performance

You couldn’t ask more from Benz tbh
But Madrid still went to the CL semis if we have to take team success into account, and honestly I never thought Madrid would fo that far tbh
Zzzz I would’ve gave it to the best Algerian before him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad