Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Davies isn’t eligible.

It’ll be Pedri because he’s already been anointed. Should be Wirtz or Bellingham.

Eh. I'll grant you that Wirtz (like Musiala) may well be every bit as talented as Pedri, but the spaniard has NT performances over Wirtz and deserves to win on the weight of his play + his accomplishments over the past year. Florian wrecked the U21s with Baku and has been fantastic in his senior team cameos under Flick.

Meanwhile Pedri was arguably the best player on a team that came a penalty shootout away from the final of the Euros...a final they probably would have won had they gotten past Italy. Before picking up a silver medal at the olympics...which is arguably less impressive than winning the U21 euros, but still helps pad out the already stacked resume Pedri's bringing to the table.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eh. I'll grant you that Wirtz (like Musiala) may well be every bit as talented as Pedri, but the spaniard has NT performances over Wirtz and deserves to win on the weight of his play + his accomplishments over the past year. Florian wrecked the U21s with Baku and has been fantastic in his senior team cameos under Flick.

Meanwhile Pedri was arguably the best player on a team that came a penalty shootout away from the final of the Euros...a final they probably would have won had they gotten past Italy. Before picking up a silver medal at the olympics...which is arguably less impressive than winning the U21 euros, but still helps pad out the already stacked resume Pedri's bringing to the table.

I’m not going to get into it too much in-depth because the Barcelona fans always get mad about it, but I don’t rate Pedri at the level most do.

Reactions: AB13 and luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean why should anyone get angry over a randoms assume that of a player online…. The kid is getting all the playing time and more. He’s receiving rave reviews and his coaches and media love him. So I’ll take it. Slap a 5 year one billion dollar contract on him and I’m set

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Lewandowski deserve it more. He is the best finisher on the planet, has been the most consistent striker of the past 10 years.
He has won the CL in 2020. If he was French you would 100% say that it's a travesty that he has not won a ballon d'or in his career. He got stolen his Ballon d'or last year.

To be fair to Benzema, if he can sustain that form and compete/win many trophies this season he would be a favourite for next year ballon d'or.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Next year?
Why Benz has been huge this year, it's not a 2 year thing.
No, as I said, I'd give to Messi.
But Benz deserves it just as much as Lewa.
This year, Lewa dominated the Bundesliga as usual, failed in Euro and CL (not saying it's entirely on him).
Messi won the Copa with a performance rarely seen in international football. Sorry, that's a huge plus.

As for Lewa vs Benz, Benz brings much much more than goals, and he's really playing on a one man team. When Lewa isn't here, Choupo MF Mouting is scoring a goal a game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lewa deserves it in bizzaro world. The copa sealed it in his life Lewa never did anything like that in a tournament .

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Messi as I have said before should win it every year. I don't really care for much for such awards. The Oscars, The Chopin Prize for pianists, Nobel prizes and so on and so forth. Many great films never win an Oscar, or Golden Lion, the greatest pianist alive today for many the young Danill Trifonov only placed third in Warsaw and countless scientific teams in all areas of research get no formal recognition either.

The bare statistics regardless of the Albiceleste winning the Copa lay it down clearly that Messi is the best forward AND best midfielder on the planet. Gracias Leo por la magia cada ano.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I have seen the term eligibility been thrown around here. What makes a player ineligible fo this award?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I have seen the term eligibility been thrown around here. What makes a player ineligible fo this award?

Nowadays there's a shortlist of a few dozen eligible players, no player outside that list can win. Nominated players are chosen by the France Football magazine's editorial staff and they tend to emphasize overall reputation more than recent performance on the pitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad