Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why?
Do you think Azpi had such a huge year compared to other defensemen?
Foden did what exactly?
Moreno? Man, lol.

Those listings are horrible. So why not Modric?
Foden has been a revelation last year and he won the league. Azpi has been a great defender and won the CL. Real Madrid won nothing he was good but not great last year.

I have no big issue with it but I have a feeling it's more of a Real Madrid bias than actual based on his play. I would have other players ahead.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Modric was better than Foden last year, by a wide margin. Foden played what? A game out of two?
Modric was very good last year. Azpi was a very good defenseman, but there were at least 5 CB better than him last year (to put it mildly).
Off that list here, Modric is the most deserving (though none would be top 30 in my book).

Reactions: Power Man

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Imagine giving the Ballon D'or to a player who has only managed to score 1 goal in a farmers league this season.

Lewa deserves it for 2020 and 2021. Would like to see Benzema win it this year as well, even though I can't stand the guy. Would be a shame if a player of his calibre never won one.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Imagine giving the Ballon D'or to a player who has only managed to score 1 goal in a farmers league this season.

Lewa deserves it for 2020 and 2021. Would like to see Benzema win it this year as well, even though I can't stand the guy. Would be a shame if a player of his calibre never won one.
BO (sorry for the acronym lol) is nothing more than a popularity contest

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think there's a candidate playing in Italy?
Heck, the guy who destroyed the Serie A last year has a whopping 3 goals on the champions of Europe.
Also 1 in the CL (his team has 10).
I say congrats on destroying that farmer's league in Italy. Now that he's playing in a real league, he's back to not scoring.

Imagine that.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The list is always crappy but ya if anyone did what Messi did in the copa they wouldn’t even be a discuss. Sorry he isn’t killing farmers in germany or england.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
POTY on the Champion's League winners... Looking at some of the players ahead of him it's arguable he coulda been higher. He definitely had a better year than Sterling
Agreed. I think Sterling is there because he was better for England. Which was 2 weeks out of a full year.

Anyway, those lists are crappy as I said.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
yeah I mean, he just had 3 assists in his last league game. While sucking (this is true BTW, he had an awful game and still delivered 3 assists).

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Weird, the guy at the top of both of these lists was bang average in Italy.
upload_2021-11-29_10-43-48.png

Meanwhile, the guy who couldn't even start for a Swansea side that got relegated was a key player for the Ligue 1 winners last year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
yeah I mean, he just had 3 assists in his last league game. While sucking (this is true BTW, he had an awful game and still delivered 3 assists).
People will point at anything to discredit him, I stopped caring about this trophy awhile back. If he wins it’s nice that he gets a moment to just enjoy but in the not too distant future he’s chasing bigger things.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Weird, the guy at the top of both of these lists was bang average in Italy.
View attachment 485310

Meanwhile, the guy who couldn't even start for a Swansea side that got relegated was a key player for the Ligue 1 winners last year.
Don't even know who you're refering to, but IIRC, Immobile has been banging Serie A goalies for years and couldn't cut it in Spain or Germany.
Meanwhile mid table L1 teams are top of their group in CL and EL this year.

Fun.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
To be fair, Copa America is a Mickey Mouse tournament

*exits thread before the storm*
I disagree... I was way more impressed by the talent in display during the last Copa America than the last Euro.

European teams have way better team structure and discipline but they also play very conservative, boring football.

The last copa america was the most enjoyable football that I have watched all of last year.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The list is always crappy but ya if anyone did what Messi did in the copa they wouldn’t even be a discuss. Sorry he isn’t killing farmers in germany or england.

Unfortunately, these tournaments are always overvalued in the Ballon d'Or. It does make sense because it is a marketing gimmick, but a 3-week tourney should not come above the entire year.

That's why Benzema should win it above Messi. He has been f***ing GREAT for the entire calendar year, for both club and country. Won't happen and I am fine with it.

Reactions: Evilo

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So Ronaldo is not attending the ceremony? And calling the head of organisers liar. I guess it's safe to say he won't win it (not that there was chance before for him either).

"Cristiano Ronaldo has called Pascal Ferre - the editor-in-chief of Ballon d'Or organisers France Football - a liar..."It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d'Or.

"Ballon d'Or: Pedri wins young player award - follow live text

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Poor KDB. When he has a top season, he's barely top 10 in the BdO. When he has a down year with injuries and average performances, he's 8th. Better ranked than Mbappe :biglaugh:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mendy's story should be made a movie.
Can't believe the guy I know from Cherbourg is now 2nd in goalie ranking in the Ballon d'Or. What an incredible career.

EDIT : Ederson 4th :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad