Ballon D'or 2021: Who wins it?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Depends on the criteria. If the criteria is who is the most talented, gifted, joyous to watch play, etc, than truly no one else has/had a chance.

Well sure, but that's not the criteria, otherwise there would be no reason to nominate anyone other than Kruse.

Reactions: koyvoo

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

I hope Courtois gets it!

Happy enough to trot around when Chelsea or Real Madrid were doing their globe trotting pre-season games. Perhaps not getting paid a nominal fee for representing your country is a bit hard compared to the obscene wages most of these players receive when playing for their clubs. No concerns about player welfare raised then by him then.

Reactions: luiginb

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Happy enough to trot around when Chelsea or Real Madrid were doing their globe trotting pre-season games. Perhaps not getting paid a nominal fee for representing your country is a bit hard compared to the obscene wages most of these players receive when playing for their clubs. No concerns about player welfare raised then by him then.

I find the pre-season games a bit absurd myself, but those are not the ones wearing down the players. Sure there is some extra energy drain travelling, but you would play those games regardless - even if it was in London or Madrid rather than Singapore and Shanghai.

As for his concern that would obviously then be raised internally at the club. Not like any external body can do much with how RM and Chelsea organize their pre-seasons. However, the likes of FIFA and UEFA can when it comes to how tournaments are structured.

I guess this discussion will soon be rather OT.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
I find the pre-season games a bit absurd myself, but those are not the ones wearing down the players. Sure there is some extra energy drain travelling, but you would play those games regardless - even if it was in London or Madrid rather than Singapore and Shanghai.

As for his concern that would obviously then be raised internally at the club. Not like any external body can do much with how RM and Chelsea organize their pre-seasons. However, the likes of FIFA and UEFA can when it comes to how tournaments are structured.

I guess this discussion will soon be rather OT.

Messi is the best player alongside Maradona I have ever seen. Leo will win the Ballon D'or for sure again. ;)

Always a joy to watch. Argentina as a team played some wonderful football the best since the Pekerman and mid Sabella (RIP) era.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's a shame we don't have any young talent anymore.

Some good players on that list, and many I haven't seen play regularly, but hard not to go with Camavinga based on his track record.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Based on last season I wouldn't give him to Camavinga. But his Real transfer probably gives him some bonus points.
Pedri, Bellingham and Saka are better choices for last year.

Doesn't mean Cama might not be the best player off the bunch down the road. I'd also argue he was better than anyone on the list the season before. But not last year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd go with the OG, but spanish-Wirtz isn't a bad alternative :sarcasm:

Gravenberch is the name on that list I'm least sure of. The flashes I've seen are as good as Bellingham or Camavinga's, in a similar Goretzka/Pogba mold, but I don't have any idea about how consistent he is at this point.
I rate Gravenberch too he’s been quite good

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Golden boy is under 20, right?

If not, Davies not being on the ballot is a joke.
He had a poor year no?

I feel like both of you are overstating it. Like Cama, he wasn't as incredible as the previous season, and spent a lot more time "carrying a knock"...but he's still really good when fully fit and would not have been undeserving of making the cut down from 40.

However, I'm not sure who to cut for him of the names I've seen enough of to judge, given that he wasn't the constant terror that he had been the previous season and missed more time (IIRC).

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I feel like both of you are overstating it. Like Cama, he wasn't as incredible as the previous season, and spent a lot more time "carrying a knock"...but he's still really good when fully fit and would not have been undeserving of making the cut down from 40.

However, I'm not sure who to cut for him of the names I've seen enough of to judge, given that he wasn't the constant terror that he had been the previous season and missed more time (IIRC).

Rodrygo has no business being there over a guy like Davies.

I mean, I like Rodrygo, but his impact is not even close to Davies's.

Of course, as a Canadian, I am biased AS f*** ;)

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I was just looking at the history of the award. How did Thierry Henry never win in the 2000s?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad