Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Don Waddell as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. JD to serve as Senior Advisor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I guess this is a too complicated and foreign concept for most fans, but it's possible to think simultaneously that:

- nepotism is wrong
- nepotism seems to exist within the org
- Nash seems to be a beneficiary of it and has achieved his current role at least partially for wrong reasons
- Nash might be good at what he does and will be given a chance to show it

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I guess this is a too complicated and foreign concept for most fans, but it's possible to think simultaneously that:

- nepotism is wrong
- nepotism seems to exist within the org
- Nash seems to be a beneficiary of it and has achieved his current role at least partially for wrong reasons
- Nash might be good at what he does and will be given a chance to show it
Advocacy for #3 precludes advocacy for #4.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
The definition of nepotism inherently implies lack of fitness for the job.
According to which definition?

Nepotism is the act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field.

It seems to me that nepotism for you means: "The act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field" while knowing they're not fit for the job.

How I understand it: "The act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field" with or without knowing how fit they are for the job.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad