Proposal: B Tkachuk (Ott) for M Marner (Tor)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Tkachuk is made for playoffs till marner shows up for playoffs. But marner helps a team make playoffs more.

Marner has been shit in the playoffs, but to devalue him vs a guy who has literally never played an NHL playoff game by declaring him "built for the playoffs" is as HFboards as it gets.

Marner is like a discount Patrick Kane but with defensive capabilities. Kane was one of the best playoff performers ever in his prime. Crazy when his playstyle and size is the opposite of "built for the playoffs"

Now given the fact that you have to actually win games to make the playoffs, Marner wins more games there as well. If we're gonna use the "Ottawa is a bad team" approach we also have to add in the fact that Marner didn't single handedly lose every playoff series for the Leafs either.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa wouldn’t trade Tkachuk for 10 Mitch Mariner’s because Marner is soft and disappears in big games. Leafs fans know this and that’s why they want him traded

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ottawa wouldn’t trade Tkachuk for 10 Mitch Mariner’s because Marner is soft and disappears in big games. Leafs fans know this and that’s why they want him traded
Of course not. They wouldn't even get one Mitch Marner for Brady Tkachuk. 10 Marners would get 15 Brady Tkachuks easily. LoL.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Of course not. They wouldn't even get one Mitch Marner for Brady Tkachuk. 10 Marners would get 15 Brady Tkachuks easily. LoL.

Ottawa is going to win a Cup before Toronto and Brady Takchuk is going to lift it.

Marner’s a good player but there’s a reason Toronto loses in the playoffs and loses in humiliating fashion and it’s because their team has no fight besides Spezza (a former Sens Captain)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
While I love what Tkachuk brings and the savings on his contact would help the cash strapped TML I can’t see Toronto or Sens doing this.

I honestly believe that if the TML fizzle again in the playoffs they look to trade Nylander and a few other players like Kerfoot, Muzzin, Mrazek, Holl and Dermott.

Surprisingly our LW position moving forward will likely be strong with the surprising play of Bunting, the up and coming Robertson, Knies and Amirov. Where we might need help is RW especially if as I outlined we trade one of our most valuable trade chips in Nylander.

One trade partner that would be interesting would be the NYR, they very much need a RW to play along Panarin and Kreider. Something along Kakko, Georgiev and a first for Nylander plus .... It certainly makes the NYR a scary team but it also brings much needed cap flexibility to the TML, we get a younger 1B goalie option and Kakko would be likely on a very reasonable bridge deal and hopefully can finally reach his potential before a big payday.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
In a nod to the "vs" thread in the general forum which seems to have fans of both teams chiming in, what does the rest of the fanbase' think?

Two young guns, already proven their worth, different styles of play.

Personally, as stated over there, if the Leafs weren't so top heavy with Mathews/Tavares/Nylander I would want to keep Marner. Some nights I see prime Gilmour potential with him....

..having said that...I see a lot I like in Tkachuk as well, and I think if Marner was the main attraction he would shine in Ottawa.

Good? Bad? Who adds? One for one? Gotta be a fifth round pick in there somewhere.

I don't like either team but Brady is built for playoff hockey . I would take Brady first with out a 2nd thought .

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I see three nominations for the selke vs a big fat 0

Matthew tkachuk was never, and never will be a better player than Marner. He’s worse offensively:
Last 5 years:
Marner
311GP - 98G - 236A - 334P
pacing for 88 points

Tkachuk
315GP - 117G - 158P - 275P
Pacing for 72 points

tkachuk has never been better defensively. Marner always has been better.

Marner is a better pp and pk player, considering tkachuk doesn’t even pk

and for how much the fans shit on marners playoffs, at least he isn’t Matthew tkachuk with his 5 in 15.

Matthew tkachuk is a better player than Nylander, no doubt about that. But he is far from touching what Marner is.

You must be drunk . This is base on Brady not Matthews Tkachuk . This isn't Calgary it is Ottawa's Tkachuk .

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Marner is better but Tkachuk has a very unique skill set. I doubt either team does this.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ottawa is going to win a Cup before Toronto and Brady Takchuk is going to lift it.

Marner’s a good player but there’s a reason Toronto loses in the playoffs and loses in humiliating fashion and it’s because their team has no fight besides Spezza (a former Sens Captain)
That is one possibility. The guess about which team will win the Cup first. The rest is just nonsense.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That is one possibility. The guess about which team will win the Cup first. The rest is just nonsense.

Sens fans living in Leaf country and Every single Leaves fan I met last summer after the playoffs want lee Marner traded for a playoff warrior - Marner just doesn’t show up when you need him. Your problem not mine. Ottawa has warriors, Toronto has hockey playing celebrities. Big difference

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sens fans living in Leaf country and Every single Leaves fan I met last summer after the playoffs want lee Marner traded for a playoff warrior - Marner just doesn’t show up when you need him. Your problem not mine. Ottawa has warriors, Toronto has hockey playing celebrities. Big difference
Ottawa has a rebuilding team. Toronto has a team that is ready to compete. Certainly, after the playoffs there were a faction if Leaf fans who wanted Marner traded. He became a lighting rod for the team not fulfilling expections. However, when all is said and done, Marner is still the better player of the two.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa has a rebuilding team. Toronto has a team that is ready to compete. Certainly, after the playoffs there were a faction if Leaf fans who wanted Marner traded. He became a lighting rod for the team not fulfilling expections. However, when all is said and done, Marner is still the better player of the two.

Are they ready to compete? leaves will make the playoffs but are they really willing to compete and get their celebrity faces scared and dirty? Doesn’t look like it to me, or to the majority of Leafs fans.

Any ways, Campbell is imploding under the pressure so another 1st round lose incoming and another summer of “is Marner just a regular season hero and a playoff zero”. Enjoy it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One for one? :laugh:

Ottawa adds a pretty good piece to go along with Tkachuk.
Nylander for Tkachuk is closer.

Reactions: Tarmore

Jun 27, 2005
Marner may have the potential to score more points, but Tkachuk is a more complete player and if I had to pick one for my team in the playoffs it's Brady all day every day.

That's a bizarre thing to say considering Brady has never played a playoff game.

Marner gets a lot of playoff flack but if Brady is anything like his brother in the playoffs you might want to hold off on any predictions.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You must be drunk . This is base on Brady not Matthews Tkachuk . This isn't Calgary it is Ottawa's Tkachuk .
Was replying to a guy who was talking about Matthew and how he’s so much better than Marner

As for the thread on hand. No way Ottawa trades the guy they just named captain

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Are they ready to compete? leaves will make the playoffs but are they really willing to compete and get their celebrity faces scared and dirty? Doesn’t look like it to me, or to the majority of Leafs fans.

Any ways, Campbell is imploding under the pressure so another 1st round lose incoming and another summer of “is Marner just a regular season hero and a playoff zero”. Enjoy it
Yes, they are ready to compete. We will see what happens hey have to do. You don't speak for the majority of Leaf fans. You only speak for yourself. You are entitled to the guesses that you make. Marner has 25 points in his 32 playoff games.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You should endeavor to meet smarter people.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Ottawa has warriors, Toronto has hockey playing celebrities. Big difference

Yeah Marian Hossa had the entire league trembling.

Toronto loses in the playoffs and loses in humiliating fashion and it’s because their team has no fight besides Spezza (a former Sens Captain)

Spezza has been a great addition and I know he was great for you guys as well. Fight though? Fight what exactly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad