Proposal: B Tkachuk (Ott) for M Marner (Tor)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 26, 2010
I am not sure either team does this.

They could not be further away from being different players. There styles of play are polar opposites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I think Marner's a better player, though he's also older. That said, I think Tkachuk could be the type of player that helps the Leafs in the playoffs. Leafs need to get tougher to play against, too many finesse players.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
It's weird to imagine Marner on a different team, I just think that Nylander could do his role better; Tkachuk would really round out the TML core, but we can't trade our captain.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
From TML perspective its close. And using extra 2.6m in cap does help them.

From OTT perspective I don't see why you do this as you would be scared to death Marner walks in 25'. over having BT for 7 more years.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I don't see him as a game breaker and there are at least 4 Ottawa forwards that I'd play ahead of him. Eventually I can see him as a regular in the 55-60 (and maybe a few more) point club,

Maybe you need to see an optometrist.

Can't think of 4 Ottawa forwards I'd play ahead of Brady. And he's on a 66 game point pace this season, in which he missed training camp.

Assen na yo!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Maybe you need to see an optometrist.

Can't think of 4 Ottawa forwards I'd play ahead of Brady. And he's on a 66 game point pace this season, in which he missed training camp.

Assen na yo!

and maybe you need to know your prospect pool a little better!

what I wrote was "I can see him as A REGULAR in the 55-60 and maybe a few more" being a REGULAR in that club pretty much say's elite in many way's

in my book Norris, Stutzle are all ready better all round players and guys I would play ahead of him. Batherson has all the makings to be a true superstar

Norris and Stutzle are going to be one of the best 1/2 centre combo's in the east within the next two years(as their wingers mature)

possible maybe's in the Ottawa group include Alex Formenton(needs some improvement in his skating abilities but has everything else) and a year or two away is Tyler Boucher(might just be a better centre than Norris) and and an outside shot goes to Ridley Greig who has all the tools to become a top 6 NHL forward(think TJ Oshie) for a long time

problem is of course is that they won't be able to keep all those kids once those RFA contracts come due

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The huge disparity in their contracts is the only reason to even consider this from the Leafs POV, even as a purely hypothetical. For the Sens, the opposite reason. Plus, if Ottawa ever considered moving Brady I'd imagine the priority would be a center coming back.

But sticking to these two, Tkachuk is not anywhere in the ballpark of the player Marner is. Brady brings a different skillset, sure, and the Leafs could use some more toughness / physicality in their forward group but over the past 4 seasons go ahead and count the number of players that have a higher PPG than Mitch. It won't take long. Kills penalties too. He's really good.

Mitch is an exceptional talent that unfortunately got paid too much and is part of an under-achieving (playoff) group. But last time I checked, he's helped his team get into the playoffs the past 5 seasons and Toronto has a legit chance at winning the toughest division in hockey this year. Brady doesn't have anywhere near the level of teammates that Mitch does obviously, but he sure hasn't elevated them either in any sense before and since getting the "C".

With stutzle, Norris, pinto, Greig, etc in the center pipeline, why would Ottawa target a center?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
and maybe you need to know your prospect pool a little better!

what I wrote was "I can see him as A REGULAR in the 55-60 and maybe a few more" being a REGULAR in that club pretty much say's elite in many way's

in my book Norris, Stutzle are all ready better all round players and guys I would play ahead of him. Batherson has all the makings to be a true superstar

Norris and Stutzle are going to be one of the best 1/2 centre combo's in the east within the next two years(as their wingers mature)

possible maybe's in the Ottawa group include Alex Formenton(needs some improvement in his skating abilities but has everything else) and a year or two away is Tyler Boucher(might just be a better centre than Norris) and and an outside shot goes to Ridley Greig who has all the tools to become a top 6 NHL forward(think TJ Oshie) for a long time

problem is of course is that they won't be able to keep all those kids once those RFA contracts come due

Wait...so formenton needs to improve his skating-by far his greatest strength.

And you think Boucher might be better than Norris??

Got any more funny sens opinions you can share?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad