Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brady plus a first for Thomas, time to sober up.
Id never do this, Brady has more value. There simply arent players like him anymore. Hfboards constantly undervalues physicality but it matters. Thomas is a great player but there are only a handful of players that bring what Tkachuk does. Ottawas has good center depth too. They are soft as hell as a team other than Tkachuk and Greig. They simply cant afford to give him up.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Id never do this, Brady has more value. There simply arent players like him anymore. Hfboards constantly undervalues physicality but it matters. Thomas is a great player but there are only a handful of players that bring what Tkachuk does. Ottawas has good center depth too. They are soft as hell as a team other than Tkachuk and Greig. They simply cant afford to give him up.

How does physicality matter outside of allowing him to score points, play defense, etc? If it matters it should show up on the scoreboard or advanced stats. There is zero metrics you can sight to say Tkachuk is anywhere near as valuable as Thomas. Saying Ottawa has good Center depth is fine. You can not want a trade lopsided in your favor because of needs. But Ottawa fans are asking for Thomas in these deals. So that isn't the case. They just vastly overrate Brady, or underrate Thomas.

Nice research
Brady is +10 on penalties drawn over taken.

Fair point. He is in the box a bunch, but he does draw as many or more penalties consistently. The rest of my argument stands. He has 4 years and will want the world after that.

Liga

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Senators and I will trade.

Kyrou for Senators would work.

Goes bad for Senators this time in seasons.

Kyrou trade a strong trade.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I understand that Sens fans don't want Kyrou, that's fine I get it. No point in even arguing it anymore. However, to say the Tkachuk would return Thomas is just f***ing delusional. First off centers always hold more value than wingers. Next, you compare contracts your talking 7 more years vs 4 more years at a similar cap hit. Lastly, Tkachuk is a defensively liability while Thomas is one of the best two way centers in the league. Tkachuk is a very good hockey player but Thomas is clear and away the better of the two at this point and holds more value.

I have said it before and will say it again, I don't even think Tkachuk will be traded and if he is it will be a few years down the road. That being said some Sens fans really need to temper their expectations on that potential return because what some of you suggesting are patently ridiculous.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou is a clubhouse cancer, I hope the Blues dump him ASAP.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Staios literally laughed at the rumor that Brady was unhappy and available for trade 24 hours ago. He shut it down completely and assured the fans they are building around him. He'll be in Ottawa until the final year of his deal at the earliest.

Would be quite the decision to feed the fans that only to actually trade him. Especially considering it is a very fragile and damaged fanbase that they are trying to earn trust from...

Brady is not looking to move or available, I think Staios' comments and reaction yesterday should be enough to lock this bad boy up.

I wouldn't be so sure. If they miss the playoffs again next year, that would be 7 NHL seasons and zero playoff games for him. Everyone has a breaking point.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of what a Brady Tkachuk is. The entire league is looking for guys like this who can score, agitate and lead and still 24. And everybody will see offensive upside like Matthew -- something that is maybe overvalued. Robert Thomas is a great player but his offense is only a little better and he doesn't bring the other stuff. Kyrou is a nice nice player but hardly a star. Both locked down makes them very nice.

I'm a Sabres fan and personally, I don't get Ottawa trading Tkachuk. They need a game changing D man for that.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Maybe there aren’t players like him anymore because players don’t need to play like that anymore?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This reminds me of the thread where Blues fans were saying they wouldn't trade Kyrou for Matthew Tkachuk because he was going to sign there anyway in a year. It's good to see not much has changed with these folks. Only a complete moron wouldn't trade Kyrou for Brady. That trade would never in a million years be on the table in the first place.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This reminds me of the thread where Blues fans were saying they wouldn't trade Kyrou for Matthew Tkachuk because he was going to sign there anyway in a year. It's good to see not much has changed with these folks. Only a complete moron wouldn't trade Kyrou for Brady. That trade would never in a million years be on the table in the first place.

All Blues fans would trade Kyrou for Brady. No Blues fan would trade Thomas for Brady. Try to keep up son.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If you think Brady has more value than Thomas, I can’t help you.
It's not even debatable outside of your market. There are lots of skilled offensive centers in the league. Brady is the most effective power forward in the game. You'd think the franchise that had Shanahan would understand he's more important that a middling top 6 center who has never scored more than 20 goals.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It's not even debatable outside of your market. There are lots of skilled offensive centers in the league. Brady is the most effective power forward in the game. You'd think the franchise that had Shanahan would understand he's more important that a middling top 6 center who has never scored more than 20 goals.

I value a top 10 PPG center over a a less than PPG PF

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Alright, we’ll see when Ottawa can finally make the playoffs with one of the most effective players in the game. The Blues will keep Thomas, who is having a better season this year than Brady has ever had.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Alright, we’ll see when Ottawa can finally make the playoffs with one of the most effective players in the game. The Blues will keep Thomas, who is having a better season this year than Brady has ever had.
It's almost as if you've never heard people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You guys said the same thing with Matthew last year. Then him and a goalie dragged the Panthers to the finals.

I’d personally much rather have Tkachuk on my team than Thomas, so I guess I’d value him more.
Everyone who understands the sport at all would. It's not close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad