Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's almost as if you've never heard people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You guys said the same thing with Matthew last year. Then him and a goalie dragged the Panthers to the finals.

Everyone who understands the sport at all would. It's not close.
Oh Matthew, the better player than Brady, that still didn’t bring back a #1 center in return in his trade? Yeah I’m aware of him. Kinda shows you that those things don’t happen but you can still pretend that it will for Brady because of reasons that you can’t back up.

Anyways, this conversation doesn’t matter anymore but enjoy Brady for another year or two because he’s definitely going to ask out and end up in the U.S. like his brother. It’s inevitable.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Oh Matthew, the better player than Brady, that still didn’t bring back a #1 center in return in his trade? Yeah I’m aware of him. Kinda shows you that those things don’t happen but you can still pretend that it will for Brady because of reasons that you can’t back up.

Anyways, this conversation doesn’t matter anymore but enjoy Brady for another year or two because he’s definitely going to ask out and end up in the U.S. like his brother. It’s inevitable.
I'm not a Sens fan. He brought back a player who put up 115 points. A top pairing defenseman, prospect and 1st round pick. That's certainly double Thomas value.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm not a Sens fan. He brought back a player who put up 115 points. A top pairing defenseman, prospect and 1st round pick. That's certainly double Thomas value.
He brought back a winger plus other assets, not a #1 center. That’s our entire point, that Thomas wouldn’t be in the deal. You can ask for anything else from STL because that’s realistic. Thomas isn’t.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It's not even debatable outside of your market. There are lots of skilled offensive centers in the league. Brady is the most effective power forward in the game. You'd think the franchise that had Shanahan would understand he's more important that a middling top 6 center who has never scored more than 20 goals.
“Middling top 6 center”

:biglaugh:

Sorry some Blues fans hurt your feelings in a thread about Matt Tkachuk. Maybe it’s time to get over it.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
I 100% think Stutzle is the better player, but the fanbase will get caught up on the local boy gimmick.

RIght,

I think some people are too obsessed with certain individual ties to organizations and like.

Sometimes even worse, some are wed to the idea of some team "identity" whatnot that they somehow thought the Blues had in the past. That probably also plays a role in wanting Tkachuk brothers.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There’s certain young players who are looking like they will be very good players, and then there’s some who either have “it” or are starting to take steps, towards being elite. Kyrou isn’t in that elite conversation. He’s going to be a very good NHL player, but not elite, and he doesn’t have the intangibles. Brady is going to be a very good, to elite NHL player who also brings “it” to the table. Maybe he’s never an elite player, but he’ll more than likely, always be a more important, consistent player than Kyrou.

If they’re going to trade Brady Tkachuk and get a young gun type player, who’s starting to show he’s trending to be an elite player, it’s not gonna be Kyrou. Robert Thomas? Now there’s a conversation. Lucas Raymond? There’s a conversation. Beniers? There’s a conversation.

You will never watch a game with any of those players, and not see several chances, great plays they make, etc. Their team can lose 4-1, and you still remember when he was on the ice. Like we knew Raymond was gonna be really good after his rookie year, but this year he’s now trending to be one of the top wingers in this game for a decade. So all these younger players still have some time, and they’ll continue to get better and better.

There’s St Louis games though, where you can’t remember Kyrou’s name being mentioned. You will never have that with those other players I mentioned..

Now, could a deal take place with Kyrou in it? Sure. But if you trade a player like Brady, you better get someone who’s trending to be an elite player in the league. If you trade special, you need to get special back.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
“Middling top 6 center”

:biglaugh:

Sorry some Blues fans hurt your feelings in a thread about Matt Tkachuk. Maybe it’s time to get over it.
Why would my feelings be hurt when time has shown Tkachuk to be the vastly superior player? I just find it funny that you guys would go down the track again. Some kids put their hand on stove burners. It takes a very special kid to do it again.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Why would my feelings be hurt when time has shown Tkachuk to be the vastly superior player? I just find it funny that you guys would go down the track again. Some kids put their hand on stove burners. It takes a very special kid to do it again.
I'm unsure which Tkachuk you are talking about in this post, but regardless of which one, you're wrong.

Brady is not better than Thomas, and Matthew is not vastly superior to Thomas.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I just assumed since you were posting a thought so profoundly stupid that it must have come from a place of hurt/spite.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Brady would only go for an over payment. Yes, that's said about players all the time on here. The fact is Brady is a young scoring power forward, teams would come out of the woodwork for a guy like him.

If St. Louis is serious about adding him, offer up Thomas.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No a top 10 1c who gets above ppg have way more value then under ppg power forwards. Anyone who argues otherwise is just not knowledgeable. Kyrou is comparable to brady. Brady is not comparable to thomas who plays the 200ft game. Brady is career minus 63.

Anyone bringing up a players career +/- to assign player value, especially in regards to a player on a dumpster fire team probably shouldn't be speaking on anyone else's knowledge.

I would say Thomas is worth more, Kyrou just isn't a fair value comparable to Brady Tkachuk.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Maybe there aren’t players like him anymore because players don’t need to play like that anymore?
Lol no it's because it's hard to do. You can truly tell how few people actually played hockey that post here. 'There are no metrics that can evaluate it' yet every team in the league tries to find it. Every year teams that have playoff success play a heavy hard style. Yet there are no metrics haha. Unbelievable stuff.

Army will get him for a pack of Lunchables.
God damn blues fans I never knew. Thought you guys were trending into a hockey town. Turns out I was way off.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He brought back a winger plus other assets, not a #1 center. That’s our entire point, that Thomas wouldn’t be in the deal. You can ask for anything else from STL because that’s realistic. Thomas isn’t.
Then you don't get Tkachuk.

It's the equivalent of sens fans wanting Thomas back for Batherson. Why sens fans can understand this isn't realistic and Blues fans can't shows the disconnect from reality one fanbase has compared to the other.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There is a fundamental misunderstanding of what a Brady Tkachuk is. The entire league is looking for guys like this who can score, agitate and lead and still 24. And everybody will see offensive upside like Matthew -- something that is maybe overvalued. Robert Thomas is a great player but his offense is only a little better and he doesn't bring the other stuff. Kyrou is a nice nice player but hardly a star. Both locked down makes them very nice.

I'm a Sabres fan and personally, I don't get Ottawa trading Tkachuk. They need a game changing D man for that.

1) Thomas has 1 less assists than Tkachuk has points. Plus 20 goals. That is not a little better on offense.
2) Thomas is also 24
3) Thomas wears an A, so he also leads.
4) Thomas doens't agitate, he just shuts down the other teams best players. So umm, Selke-nomination worthy defense or agitation?
5) Thomas is a C, which is more valuable.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Lol no it's because it's hard to do. You can truly tell how few people actually played hockey that post here. 'There are no metrics that can evaluate it' yet every team in the league tries to find it. Every year teams that have playoff success play a heavy hard style. Yet there are no metrics haha. Unbelievable stuff.

God damn blues fans I never knew. Thought you guys were trending into a hockey town. Turns out I was way off.

Cool. So you cannot come up with one single tangible beneficial aspect of toughness to helping a team win other than what your coach told you in your pee-wee hockey glory days 15 years ago. Consider me corrected.

You are right. Tkachuk is worth Thomas and Kyro and a 1st, cause toughness. Poor defensive less than point per game wingers aren't that valuable. But tough ones...break out all the assets cause this guy that played hockey once knows that is worth everything.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Ok I am going to preface this by saying there is nothing wrong with Sens fans not wanting Kyrou as a piece back for Tkachuk. That does not change the fact that in a vacuum they are a very close comparable. Nearly identical points per game, both leave a something to be desired on the defensive side of things. There are literally 3 things that give Tkachuk a slight edge and 2 or them are utter nonsense. Tkachuk plays with more of an edge and fire that Kyrou lacks and can be motivating for his team, that is legit. The other two things are his draft position and his name, neither of which should effect his value at this point.

Again there is nothing wrong with the Sens saying no thanks to a player their not interested in but in a vacuum Kyrou plus a small add is all Tkachuk is worth at this point.
Well you don’t trade players in a vacuum and I believe we would get better offers than kyrou plus small add if we were trading our captain. Luckily we are not so it is a pretty pointless discussion!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Kyrou, Thomas, Binnington, 1st for Tkachuk, Norris and Korpisalo.

Don't like it then you don't get Tkachuk.
Thomas is the best asset here and you also want the better between Kyrou and Norris by a mile, the better goalie, and a 1st?

Reactions: HFpapi

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brady would only go for an over payment. Yes, that's said about players all the time on here. The fact is Brady is a young scoring power forward, teams would come out of the woodwork for a guy like him.

If St. Louis is serious about adding him, offer up Thomas.

Not to mention the entire team identity is wrapped around the kid. He's the chosen one anointed by the team and fans. Trade him away and Andlauer will have a hell of a time wooing the fans back into the seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad