Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I think the bolded is the issue honestly. What Tkachuk brings to the table is more than just points and the difference between what Tkachuk brings to the table pver Kyrou when they're not on the scoresheet is much more than a "slight edge" in the minds of Sens fans.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but every Sens fan who has posted in this thread has basically agreed that Kyrou isn't an ideal starting point because he'd bring more of the same that the Senators already have. We're a fanbase who knows a thing or two about guys being able to produce offence while bringing very little value in other areas and moving what the Sens need (intensity, leadership, physicality) for someone who can produce roughly the same offence without bringing those intangibles isn't something this team needs as currently constructed.

If BT truly wants out that obviously changes the equation, especially if his trade protection kicks in and he's picking his destination. As of now that doesn't seem to be the case so Sens fans can be as picky as they want.

Thank you, this is a well thought out post that points out your objections with Kyrou being a trade piece. While I do agree that Tkachuk brings a little more value due to his intensity, leadership and physicality, I politely disagree that its more than a slight edge. Again there is nothing wrong with saying no thanks to Kyrou or valuing intangibles highly and reasonable people can disagree on how big a difference that places on value.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I understand wanting the best possible return on your player, we are going through that with Buchnevich right now but there is difference between rational discussion and the hyperbole and hysterics that make up most of these threads. I'll let you figure out which side of the discussion your on.
No one here is asking for the best possible return on any of the Sens players being discussed, no one here who follows this team closely is seeking any type of return on them besides for them to continue to bear down and work.

Pretty much no one wants to trade Brady or Batherson and no one wants to acquire Kyrou. Thomas is brought up because he has the same availability as Brady - flat out not available unless you are offering up something absolutely absurd. Brady is a legitimate impact player on many nights and can shift games and make plays that very few players can make. Ottawa is in no position to lose him unless for a legitimate star/superstar, all-around player (like Thomas).

The entire premise of the thread is flawed from the jump.

EDIT: I see I missed a somewhat similar reply and your response to it, which basically makes my post superfluous :)

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If comparing Batherson to Kyrou is the hill you want to die on, be my guest.
In the next 5 years, both will probably score about 325-375 points. Both will be a second too late once in a while in the defensive zone and cost you. Kyrou is an elite skater, has great hands and creativity; Batherson is long, strong, skilled, fast and smart.

Kyrou is a more consistent and dynamic game breaker but Batherson is on an absolute sweetheart contract and still, imo, has more to give. Not that Kyrou doesn't either. Anyways, I don't think they are incredibly far off from one another either.
Tkachuk for Kyrou, Snuggerud and an unprotected 1st would probably get it done
As much as I like Snuggerud, no, it doesn't. Ottawa isn't trading Tkachuk and if they are, it's not for quantity.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
In the next 5 years, both will probably score about 325-375 points. Both will be a second too late once in a while in the defensive zone and cost you. Kyrou is an elite skater, has great hands and creativity; Batherson is long, strong, skilled, fast and smart.

Kyrou is a more consistent and dynamic game breaker but Batherson is on an absolute sweetheart contract and still, imo, has more to give. Not that Kyrou doesn't either. Anyways, I don't think they are incredibly far off from one another either.

As much as I like Snuggerud, no, it doesn't. Ottawa isn't trading Tkachuk and if they are, it's not for quantity.
If Ottawa doesn’t take that package, they’re idiots. Kyrou is a 30 goal, 75 point player. Snuggerud will score 30 at the NHL level. Our pick will be in the top 15. You take that deal for Brady, despite the optics of trading him. That package won’t be offered though.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If Ottawa doesn’t take that package, they’re idiots. Kyrou is a 30 goal, 75 point player. Snuggerud will score 30 at the NHL level. Our pick will be in the top 15. You take that deal for Brady, despite the optics of trading him. That package won’t be offered though.
Has nothing to do with optics.

I'm sure you know a lot about the Blues, you do not know or understand what the Sens want and need. This isn't Chell. You can't just stack assets until a team is no longer able to reject your offer.

Dec 15, 2002
Tkachuk for Kyrou, Snuggerud and an unprotected 1st would probably get it done
That's never happening.

If the Blues and Senators are trying to do an "even value" trade involving Brady Tkachuk without being overly complicated, then the Blues are putting up Robert Thomas. Unless you're a fan of the Blues or Senators (in which case you're asking for more your way ... probably a lot more), it's very close to even and it's nitpicking over small adds.

The bigger problem: it does nothing for either team and trying to add pieces around that doesn't fix anything.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
No one here is asking for the best possible return on any of the Sens players being discussed, no one here who follows this team closely is seeking any type of return on them besides for them to continue to bear down and work.

Pretty much no one wants to trade Brady or Batherson and no one wants to acquire Kyrou. Thomas is brought up because he has the same availability as Brady - flat out not available unless you are offering up something absolutely absurd. Brady is a legitimate impact player on many nights and can shift games and make plays that very few players can make. Ottawa is in no position to lose him unless for a legitimate star/superstar, all-around player (like Thomas).

The entire premise of the thread is flawed from the jump.

EDIT: I see I missed a somewhat similar reply and your response to it, which basically makes my post superfluous :)

Yeah this whole thread does seem kind of moot to me at this point because as I said I don't expect Brady to traded at least not anytime soon. If I am the Sens I am holding him to the end of his contract and looking to re-sign him. If he does decide to ask for a trade I would imagine it would come once his NMC kicks in to give him more control. Who knows what the landscape of the NHL looks like by then.

As for Kyrou, I guess I got caught up defending my own teams players a bit. I know their are St. Louis fans who despise Kyrou for his defensive flaws and perceived lack of effort. I personally don't see it that way. While he does lack in the defensive category, I still think he is one of the most dynamic wingers we have had in a long time. When he is on he can absolutely take over a game, we just need to find a way to get that consistently from him. I genuinely roll my eyes at fellow Blues fans who negatively label him unfairly. He is what he is, a highly talented but somewhat inconsistent player and as that he has managed back to back 70+ point season. As he continues to mature and figure it out I do believe we are looking at a player that could touch 90 points. However, I feel like the constant bashing he receives from his own fans (sometimes justified, sometimes not) is starting to feed into the perception of him league wide, leading to him very undervalued in peoples eyes.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And folks said my offer was nuts lol
The point is he is not getting traded.

I think STL would have to trade Kyrou + Snuggerud for Tkachuk + 5th
I think I'd never do that as a sens fan. So there ya go.

Yeah this whole thread does seem kind of moot to me at this point because as I said I don't expect Brady to traded at least not anytime soon. If I am the Sens I am holding him to the end of his contract and looking to re-sign him. If he does decide to ask for a trade I would imagine it would come once his NMC kicks in to give him more control. Who knows what the landscape of the NHL looks like by then.

As for Kyrou, I guess I got caught up defending my own teams players a bit. I know their are St. Louis fans who despise Kyrou for his defensive flaws and perceived lack of effort. I personally don't see it that way. While he does lack in the defensive category, I still think he is one of the most dynamic wingers we have had in a long time. When he is on he can absolutely take over a game, we just need to find a way to get that consistently from him. I genuinely roll my eyes at fellow Blues fans who negatively label him unfairly. He is what he is, a highly talented but somewhat inconsistent player and as that he has managed back to back 70+ point season. As he continues to mature and figure it out I do believe we are looking at a player that could touch 90 points. However, I feel like the constant bashing he receives from his own fans (sometimes justified, sometimes not) is starting to feed into the perception of him league wide, leading to him very undervalued in peoples eyes.
The second paragraph described Batherson to a t. He even plays the same position and is the same age. Now do you understand why Sens fans have no interest in trading Tkachuk for Kyrou?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah brady for kyrou is the basis.
If that was the case the Sens would just stop talking, which is perfectly fine.

If the Blues don't want to give up more, that's perfectly fine and reasonable.

The Sens however, wouldn't entertain it.

Sens would find another option pretty easily, Blues wouldn't be the only team looking at him

Kyrou is a great player. It makes zero sense for the Sens to move from Tkachuk to Kyrou whatsoever.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Sens would find another option pretty easily, Blues wouldn't be the only team looking at him

Kyrou is a great player. It makes zero sense for the Sens to move from Tkachuk to Kyrou whatsoever.
Oh, it could make sense, but the Sens aren’t at that point yet. An additional 3 years of cost control for a player with similar point production, through his entire prime, is extremely valuable. BT has an NMC that kicks in after next year, and he will be due a substantial raise on his next contract that would likely take him through a steep downside in his career. Taking into account those factors, it could make a ton of sense for the Senators. I have no issues with Sens fans who don’t want to entertain the idea, though. If and when BT seems like he may not re-sign, then that’s the time to make a trade.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

Kyrou and brady are close. The idea of giving top prospects + + is asinine.

But staois came out and said brady is not for sale. So on that note brady isnt available.

It's impressive how much traction a rather unfounded rumor can get.
Staois put an end to it yesterday.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I think I'd never do that as a sens fan. So there ya go
I hear ya. There's no reason to trade Brady. Even if he flat out demanded a trade. But in the HF hypothetical trade world where everyone always ignores reality (e.g. what cap?) my post was more about value and that fact you wrote "I think" tells me everything. That post was more for STL fans. Get serious. If you want Brady in a dumb fake forum trade, you better make a bigger offer.

I think STL fans should offer (to be taken seriously in our fake trade context) Kyrou, Neighbours, Snuggerud, 1st for Tkachuck + 2nd. I think some OTT fans would still turn that down on the basis of "I don't want to trade Brady" but many would say "damn that is tempting!"

• Haha
Reactions: Reality Czech

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I hear ya. There's no reason to trade Brady. Even if he flat out demanded a trade. But in the HF hypothetical trade world where everyone always ignores reality (e.g. what cap?) my post was more about value and that fact you wrote "I think" tells me everything. That post was more for STL fans. Get serious. If you want Brady in a dumb fake forum trade, you better make a bigger offer.

I think STL fans should offer (to be taken seriously in our fake trade context) Kyrou, Neighbours, Snuggerud, 1st for Tkachuck + 2nd. I think some OTT fans would still turn that down on the basis of "I don't want to trade Brady" but many would say "damn that is tempting!"
In no way shape or form do you get a top rookie a blue chip prospect kyrou whose numbers are equal to brady and a 1st thats insane especially simce blues pick woulf be 8to 15.

That is crazy.

B

Blues add much more

B

Blues add much more
Explain to me why. How does brady get you much more. Crazy talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad