Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Lmfao no winger has ever been valued higher than a #1rhd or #1 top 10 currently number 8 center in robert thomas. You sir should put the bottle down and call uber to pick you up.

cool so why would Ottawa settle for trading Brady for Kyrou instead?

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
That's why it's Thomas and not Kyrou.

But if Ottawa isn't getting Thomas they aren't settling for Kyrou.
Explain your stance. Please tell me how the 8th best center in the league is equivalent to a winger..... its a gooffy assumption at best.

cool so why would Ottawa settle for trading Brady for Kyrou instead?
Settling. Look at kyrou stats they are compairable. The gap between the two are not far at all. One has draft and name pedigree one fought his way up and is one of the fastest skaters in the league and by far has more skill then brady. Brady is a power forward. He has different tools. To say that makes brady better than thomas is just pure donkey poo.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Explain your stance. Please tell me how the 8th best center in the league is equivalent to a winger..... its a gooffy assumption at best.

I said that's what would move the needle for Ottawa trading Brady.

If that's not going to happen why would they settle for Kyrou? when they most likely can get a better piece/package.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Settling. Look at kyrou stats they are compairable. The gap between the two are not far at all. One has draft and name pedigree one fought his way up and is one of the fastest skaters in the league and by far has more skill then brady. Brady is a power forward. He has different tools. To say that makes brady better than thomas is just pure donkey poo.

When did he win this award? :laugh:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Missed all of that so thanks for that.

Most of the replies to this thread originally is a great example of why this board is total garbage. Can't even throw something out there and have an actual conversation with facts. Just tool's degrading other posters for no reason at all. Total and utter garbage.
Yeah I mean STL is definitely a likely destination for one or both Tkachuk brothers, for obvious reasons, but just not any time soon. So it's not crazy to suggest it, but definitely doesn't make sense for Ottawa to move him any time soon, even if he was unhappy. He signed to be captain of this team for 7 years, he seems like the type of kid to play the full 7 before abandoning the team he is captaining.

As much as the sens have disappointed this year, they were the 5th youngest team in the NHL and their core is still very inexperienced. 3 franchise players were drafted in the last 6 years, and the previous management did not surround them with enough vets to have team success this year.

Tkachuk (24), Stutzle (22), Sanderson (21), Pinto (23), Greig (21), they need to play the long game and not panic-trade one of the best power forwards in the game

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I would rather have Tkachuk vs Kyrou but the difference isn’t close to a lot of speculation in this thread.

This entire concept makes no sense. Ottawa doesn’t want to trade Brady. The Blues are retooling/rebuilding and are not close ta position of trading Kyrou + for a slight upgrade on a winger for the top line.

Add in the fact Kyrou has 3 extra years on his deal. When Brady’s deal ends he will bleed every penny out of the next one. He’ll probably be pushing for 12-13 million per season by then. Meanwhile Kyrou most likely be producing the same amount of points for 4-5 million less.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
This is just insane. Completely and uter trash. So trade all of our young talent for your trash and brady lmfao comical
Not my trash... I'm not an Ottawa fan. I don't think the Blues would want to give up the farm when they are rebuilding. Mind as well wait for him to be a UFA if he makes it....

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Kyrou is close to brady in points. How you think neighbors and first with swapping goalies make sense this is an asine trade and blues say hellllllzzzzz to the noooook
Brady brings way more to the table than just points,
There are very few players like him at all.
Thanks for the laughs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He doesn't have to be the level of Matthew to be an impact player. His brother has a legitimate case as best winger in the game.
Which isn't my point. People overhype Brady. You can see it in this thread with people implying he's on Thomas' level, which is silly. Tkachuk is very much a high impact player too, but people seem to overlook some of his flaws.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sens are robbed.
Agreed. Kyrou not the type of player the Sens would need in exchange for Brady. Would have to be Robert Thomas or Sens look elsewhere to send him. He still has 1 more season before any trade protection would activate.

Plus, with the Blues D all locked up, not sure what they would achieve with Brady.

But for Ottawa, they can't take back Kyrou.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Which isn't my point. People overhype Brady. You can see it in this thread with people implying he's on Thomas' level, which is silly. Tkachuk is very much a high impact player too, but people seem to overlook some of his flaws.
Offensively no, but his physicality isn't measured by points. He's a big boy and knows how to throw his weight around and drops the gloves when needed. Those kinda things don't show up on the stat sheet, I despise the Sens but Brady is exactly the kind of guy you want on your team in the playoffs. He plays with an edge, he's a competitor and players are on high alert when he's on the ice.

I poke fun at their team and what not, whatever it's all jokes. The guy is a physical beast though. He produces points at a respectable level while being a physical force.

He may not score as much as Thomas, but he makes up for it in other areas. I don't think there is any disrespect in being compared to Brady Tkachuk.

Stlcup19

Jul 7, 2022
What about something like: Kyrou, Hofer, Stennberg (or other forward prospect not named Neighbours or Dvorsky), 1st (whichever pick we get from trading Buchnevich), and a 2nd?

Brady is a unicorn but the offensive difference between him and Kyrou is not that much. Last 3 years: Kyrou = 195 pts, Brady = 200 pts. The cap hits are the same so that makes the cap a non-issue. Brady is a year younger but his contract is up when he'll be 28 so he's going to get another massive payday, while Kyrou is locked in until he's 32 so his current contract will take him all the way through his prime.

Ottawa gets their goalie of the future, 2 - 1sts worth of value, and a mid-early 2nd for losing the intangibles Tkachuk provides but without losing much offensive output.

If Brady gets moved (big IF I know), then I think this is probably the most any team would be willing to give up.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

And you are overlooking the fact that NHL GMs will over-hype Brady too. Which is the only relevant point to be made.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Like career -63 lmfao
What about something like: Kyrou, Hofer, Stennberg (or other forward prospect not named Neighbours or Dvorsky), 1st (whichever pick we get from trading Buchnevich), and a 2nd?

Brady is a unicorn but the offensive difference between him and Kyrou is not that much. Last 3 years: Kyrou = 195 pts, Brady = 200 pts. The cap hits are the same so that makes the cap a non-issue. Brady is a year younger but his contract is up when he'll be 28 so he's going to get another massive payday, while Kyrou is locked in until he's 32 so his current contract will take him all the way through his prime.

Ottawa gets their goalie of the future, 2 - 1sts worth of value, and a mid-early 2nd for losing the intangibles Tkachuk provides but without losing much offensive output.

If Brady gets moved (big IF I know), then I think this is probably the most any team would be willing to give up.
Thats way to much kyrou and a 1st is above the cost adding in hoffer and stenberg is just insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Offensively no, but his physicality isn't measured by points. He's a big boy and knows how to throw his weight around and drops the gloves when needed. Those kinda things don't show up on the stat sheet, I despise the Sens but Brady is exactly the kind of guy you want on your team in the playoffs. He plays with an edge, he's a competitor and players are on high alert when he's on the ice.

I poke fun at their team and what not, whatever it's all jokes. The guy is a physical beast though. He produces points at a respectable level while being a physical force.

He may not score as much as Thomas, but he makes up for it in other areas. I don't think there is any disrespect in being compared to Brady Tkachuk.
No a top 10 1c who gets above ppg have way more value then under ppg power forwards. Anyone who argues otherwise is just not knowledgeable. Kyrou is comparable to brady. Brady is not comparable to thomas who plays the 200ft game. Brady is career minus 63.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Just for fun, I'd do Kyrou, Perunovich, Dean, 2nd for Tkachuk. Would also do Kyrou, Hofer, 2nd. Could prob be convinced to change the 2nds for 1sts but I feel like we'd be giving up too much at that point (still prob worth it in the long run).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Guys like Tkachuk don't get traded at deadline anyway.
Maybe at the draft if he really wants out

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No a top 10 1c who gets above ppg have way more value then under ppg power forwards. Anyone who argues otherwise is just not knowledgeable. Kyrou is comparable to brady. Brady is not comparable to thomas who plays the 200ft game. Brady is career minus 63.
Using plus minus to claim he's not a 200ft player is laughable lol, every player on a struggling team will be a minus.

Brady is arguably a top 10 LW as well, it's a lot closer than you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad