Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nope. You have it reversed, it was the best in the NHL.
It by best you mean hideous, non Avs colors that made us look like a broke man’s LA Kings that couldn’t afford matching gear. Then yes. The black gloves and helmet look made the Avs look like the the best homeless team on skid row.

• Wow
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Definitely the most Borque like figure on the team for me.
See this one hit different. I mean as a hockey fan Ray winning the cup was great but he was an AV for 1.5 yrs? It would have been completely different had Ray been with the Org 22 yrs and then finally won it.

EJ has basically been here his entire pro career. A guy we seen grow into a man same as Landy and Nate but even longer. I can still remember being upset about trading Shatty and Stewart for him and how Blues fans were talking about how they fleeced Sherman that Shattenkirk alone was better than EJ blah blah blah. I remember the "Speculation" thread where a poster nailed the trade and the picks to a tee. The way EJ embraced Mackinnon when they got up and how he held Macks head you can tell that guys been wanting this but hes especially wanted this with this group and this franchise.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
See this one hit different. I mean as a hockey fan Ray winning the cup was great but he was an AV for 1.5 yrs? It would have been completely different had Ray been with the Org 22 yrs and then finally won it.

EJ has basically been here his entire pro career. A guy we seen grow into a man same as Landy and Nate but even longer. I can still remember being upset about trading Shatty and Stewart for him and how Blues fans were talking about how they fleeced Sherman that Shattenkirk alone was better than EJ blah blah blah. I remember the "Speculation" thread where a poster nailed the trade and the picks to a tee. The way EJ embraced Mackinnon when they got up and how he held Macks head you can tell that guys been wanting this but hes especially wanted this with this group and this franchise.
Understand that viewpoint. I was a very big Ray Borque fan even before he was an Av so that trade and ultimately the Cup lift was one of my best hockey memories. I even bought an authentic, signed, and framed picture of it that hangs in my office to this day.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Any word on who’s names are getting left off? They let all the depth guys hoist it after the win, but are all their names making the cut?
My guess is all the depth guys are left off. None of them even came close to 41 games nor got in a playoff game. The only guy I can see an exemption used for is Murray. He's the only player that played under 41 games and didn't play a game in the final that was a "regular".

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
It by best you mean hideous, non Avs colors that made us look like a broke man’s LA Kings that couldn’t afford matching gear. Then yes. The black gloves and helmet look made the Avs look like the the best homeless team on skid row.
You cant be more wrong. The black provided background for the blue and burgundy to pop off and kept them at balance, now its gone and we look like poor mans barcelona. Additionally we are now "blue" team, because the blue is now too dominant. f*** that.

floppa

Jun 25, 2022
Very surprising he took it to South Carolina instead of back home to Saskatchewan. Wonder if he calls South Carolina home during the offseason now?
He does. I guess for 30 years now. They talk about it here at 23:26 (but the whole interview is good)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You cant be more wrong. The black provided background for the blue and burgundy to pop off and kept them at balance, now its gone and we look like poor mans barcelona. Additionally we are now "blue" team, because the blue is now too dominant. f*** that.
Vs a black and white team? Hence the transient LA Kings. We looked like a football team from a bad Hollywood movie in those jerseys.

It was a hideous combo. Worst in the league. Now I’m not some fan of the current combo. I’d try burgundy gloves and helmets to see how that looks with the white jersey. Make the white kit mostly white and burgundy, just touches of blue and silver.

And go with white helmet and gloves for the burgundy kit.

Just never the black again. There is no black in the Avs uniforms. None. Don’t use it.

Reactions: MarkT

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Very surprising he took it to South Carolina instead of back home to Saskatchewan. Wonder if he calls South Carolina home during the offseason now?
Yes, he still lives there in the summer. Mentioned in this Athletic article: Who is Jared Bednar? Just ask those who know him best

I also believe that it wasn't until relatively recently (in 2019) that his family moved to Denver as they didn't want to disrupt their kids' schooling. During the season, Bednar worked in Denver and his wife and kids stayed in Charleston. This from an earlier Athletic profile: How an entire family’s love and sacrifice helped Jared Bednar reach his dream job

Reactions: MarkT and Nihiliste

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad