Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Alex Galchenyuk to 1-year deal

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
CMac needs to go. I’m not impressed. I know the Avs are in a tough spot going forward cap wise but still doesn’t excuse the garbage we are bringing in

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
CMac needs to go. I’m not impressed. I know the Avs are in a tough spot going forward cap wise but still doesn’t excuse the garbage we are bringing in
Galchenyuk isn't a signing that should even show up on your radar when judging a GM. He wasn't brought in as an answer to anything. He was a cheap reclamation gamble that didn't pan out. Oh well. Not the next Nichushkin. Maybe next time.

Reactions: Zandar

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He wasn't that bad. High effort level that you want from a 4th liner. Didn't skate in cement like I thought he would be. But then I didn't watch the Pens game, so maybe he was awful that game?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He wasn't that bad. High effort level that you want from a 4th liner. Didn't skate in cement like I thought he would be. But then I didn't watch the Pens game, so maybe he was awful that game?

Apart from Georgiev the whole team looked pretty awful in that game.

It's fine, we'll see how he responds. He showed he can be a grind-it-up forward and provide energy and be relatively effective on the forecheck. The offense wasn't there but it's kinda hard to display any in such limited minutes. I'm not expecting a ton but he was a pleasant surprise, night and day from his last callup where he was a ghost.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Warm body with lots of NHL experience that can slot in when multiple forwards are injured on a contract that can be completely buried with no cap ramifications. And he wasn't even a GM signing per se, he earned the spot from in a PTO. If any of our prospects were any good enough to contribute this year, Galchenyuk would not have been signed, but Bowers and Kaut couldn't step up and Olausson, Foudy, and Meyers don't seem to be ready yet.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad