Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Alex Galchenyuk to 1-year deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Not sure what that is, but my mornings are usually a mix of protein powder, gym (or laps in the pool), some good music and a run time permitting, before work :)

Did you mean micro doze? Like mini-nap?

Throw him on a line with two of Landy, Nuke, Rants or Lehks (possibly Rodrigues), I could see 65-70.
I hope this don’t get me in trouble

Reactions: Jazzguitar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We take any and all healthy bodies at this point, so big W.
Lol watch him get hurt in the first period next game. I feel bad for Bowers. Finally gets the call up looked good in the few shifts he plays then out a month.

I'm still waiting on an Avs player that @Sea Eagles doesn't like.
If Evander Kane was on this team he would still love.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I hope this don’t get me in trouble

Well it's kinda true, every morning I wake up, I look at the various internet AVS sites for my daily dose of our beloved team - and they ARE some what of a psychedelic drug to me, because this team always puts a smile on my dial !

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm still waiting on an Avs player that @Sea Eagles doesn't like.

I didn't like how either Ryan Stoa or Kyle Quincey took shots at our culture just after they left us. Left a very bitter taste in my mouth. How is that? And I STILL remember their salt this many years later. Playing for our burgundy and blue is like basically winning Powerball. If I'm any player talking to my agent, my first comment would be - negotiate with AVS, and if all else fails with them, I guess try some other scrub team haha

References:

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I didn't like how either Ryan Stoa or Kyle Quincey took shots at our culture just after they left us. Left a very bitter taste in my mouth. How is that? And I STILL remember their salt this many years later. Playing for our burgundy and blue is like basically winning Powerball. If I'm any player talking to my agent, my first comment would be - negotiate with AVS, and if all else fails with them, I guess try some other scrub team haha

References:
Englund almost killed both of our goalies. He's a good candidate as far as player to hate on the Avs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

References:
I mean, when a guy gets traded, no matter what, it's got to be one of those proverbial kick in the nuts. Emotions will be raw. Yes, it's a business...but it's also kind of personal as hell.

Besides, there's a ton of things to get done and talking to a reporter probably isn't really high on the lists of things a player should be doing. They've gotta call the wife/gf/parents, break the news to the kids, get packed, travel, find a place to live temporarily, figure out how/where they're fitting in on the new team and start building chemistry. So, I'm typically willing to let comments made immediately after a trade wash away. So, while I don't carry a grudge against Quincey, I found this hilarious...especially the bolded (emphasis my own.)

Quincey backtracked on those comments today, while preparing to face his former teammates, when the Avalanche visit Detroit on Saturday (7 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit).​
Quincey said the comments were "taken out of context,'' something the writer, Nick Cotsonika responded to in a tweet by saying, "I did not take a word of his out of context.''
"I didn’t mean any of that,'' Quincey said. "And the stuff that I said about guys having their bags packed was bad … but it wasn’t all in Colorado, it was the whole league. Everyone until Monday at 3 (p.m.) is pretty anxious, not just in Colorado.​
“I don’t want to put any of my former teammates in hot soup. I regret saying the stuff that I did, but it wasn’t towards them. Colorado is an unbelievable place to play, I had a great time there, I love it there, I bought a house there, and that’s my home now, so the last thing I want to do is get them upset with me.''​

• Haha
Reactions: Jazzguitar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Kyle Quincey were a player in today's NHL he'd be racking up 12 penalties a night for cross checking.

BTW, I'm on the record as saying Quincey had good reason to be steamed at the Avs. If I worked my way back from injury only for the coach to tell me I was headed to the press box in favor of Matt goddamn Hunwick I'd lose my shit too.

In short, Sacco really sucked.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Wonder if Yak is willing to come back. Get the superbestfriends back together for one last ride (in the NHL).

Watch Galchenyuk actually find his footing here and have a Nuke-esque resurgence
Would be pretty awesome to see... the talent is there for Chucky to be a phenomenal player. He's just never wanted to work at it or play with any urgency.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Would be pretty awesome to see... the talent is there for Chucky to be a phenomenal player. He's just never wanted to work at it or play with any urgency.
Yep lazy player throughout his career. Hopefully that will not be too much of an issue under Bednar or his ass will end up on the bench pretty quickly.

Didn't he also have a drug/partying issue just after starting in the NHL or am I getting mixed up with an another player?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yep lazy player throughout his career. Hopefully that will not be too much of an issue under Bednar or his ass will end up on the bench pretty quickly.

Didn't he also have a drug/partying issue just after starting in the NHL or am I getting mixed up with an another player?
He has/had substance abuse issues. Also he had his dad around him all the time 2nd guessing coaches and stuff which was also seen as a significant problem for his development.

But the main problem always was that he played center and didn't want to backcheck so they had to put him on the wing. He's a talented but a low effort type of player.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Chucky has that rep... to be fair though, that rep could really be applied to most any NHL player. Chucky just ran into Montreal media and underperforming, so his is blown out of proportion a bit. He does love a good 8 ball though (again like most NHL players :laugh:)

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chucky has that rep... to be fair though, that rep could really be applied to most any NHL player. Chucky just ran into Montreal media and underperforming, so his is blown out of proportion a bit. He does love a good 8 ball though (again like most NHL players :laugh:)
To be fair he entered the NHL susbtance abuse system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad