Speculation: Potential waiver gems

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Didn’t see a thread but just wondering what players your teams might be forced to waive who could be of interest or get a claim?

In Vancouver I think Nils Aman could get waived. He’s big and cheap but has been getting outplayed in camp.

Less likely but maybe Noah Juulsen?

Would love for the Canucks to scoop up a bigger winger with some grit.

Post your teams potential waiver players below.

Reactions: David71

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not the most exciting pickups but Habs have a couple with a high likelihood of being claimed.

Pezzeta and Harvey-Pinard.

RHP produces well for a bottom 6er but just couldn't be consistent enough. Pezzeta is a ginder who provides a ton of energy where he lacks skill, Habs purposefully avoided putting him on waivers last year because they knew he'd get claimed.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i'd take a flyer on pezzeta for vancouver if van waives some guys. wonder what kind of defenseman are avaliable that are right handed for them to pluck off of

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The most interesting guy to watch on the Blues is Scott Perunovich. I personally think he sucks so I don’t care if he gets claimed, but he may be intriguing to other teams around the league if they feel he still has some potential. He’s currently 8th on our depth chart it seems, so if we only keep 7 D, then he may not make it and would have to go through waivers.

The only other semi-noteworthy player that might be waived is Kasperi Kapanen. He’s in a battle for one of our spare forward spots. I won’t care if we lose him either but a team looking for forward depth may take a look at him.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The most interesting guy to watch on the Blues is Scott Perunovich. I personally think he sucks so I don’t care if he gets claimed, but he may be intriguing to other teams around the league if they feel he still has some potential. He’s currently 8th on our depth chart it seems, so if we only keep 7 D, then he may not make it and would have to go through waivers.

The only other semi-noteworthy player that might be waived is Kasperi Kapanen. He’s in a battle for one of our spare forward spots. I won’t care if we lose him either but a team looking for forward depth may take a look at him.

Was going to post the same thing. I don’t have a lot of faith in Perunovich, but he’s clearly a talented puck mover. Could really blossom if he could be suitable 5 on 5 defensively and use a shot to open up some lanes for others in a PP

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Potentially Solovyov & Pelletier from the Flames.

Neither should be waived but the Flames still have way too many vets around.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Didn’t see a thread but just wondering what players your teams might be forced to waive who could be of interest or get a claim?

In Vancouver I think Nils Aman could get waived. He’s big and cheap but has been getting outplayed in camp.

Less likely but maybe Noah Juulsen?

Would love for the Canucks to scoop up a bigger winger with some grit.

Post your teams potential waiver players below.

I actually have a thread for this on the Canucks board.

DankoCBJ

Feb 19, 2022
CBJ is looking really closely on waived forwards. Waddell has told that Blue Jackets are atleast one forward short at the moment. DW is in trade talks with several teams but waiver wire is the other logical option.

So look out!

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Potentially Solovyov & Pelletier from the Flames.

Neither should be waived but the Flames still have way too many vets around.
Not really. Assuming we go with 13 forwards and Coronato makes the club, Pelletier only has to beat out Duehr, Hunt and Rooney. And if we sign Barrie, Solo just has to beat out Hanley and Tinordi. And those assume we get out of camp healthy, which I'm not sure ever happens

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Conor Timmins, Alex Steeves and Matt Murray for the Leafs.

Any of these three players, and/or Nik Robertson, might also get traded instead of waived if they don't fit on the Leafs' roster.

I don't see any others with a real chance of cracking an NHL roster here.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I don't want to hijack the thread but didn't want to start a new one with such a simple question:

Do waivers start today or tomorrow?

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019
Conor Timmins, Alex Steeves and Matt Murray for the Leafs.

Any of these three players, and/or Nik Robertson, might also get traded instead of waived if they don't fit on the Leafs' roster.

I don't see any others with a real chance of cracking an NHL roster here.

I believe most Leafs fans hope Timmins gets claimed given his one-way contract, inability to stay healthy and sub-par NHL defending.

kevistar

Oct 11, 2017
I don't want to hijack the thread but didn't want to start a new one with such a simple question:

Do waivers start today or tomorrow?
Technically, I think teams can put players through waivers today if they want to. However, teams has to make sure to have a 23 players roster at some point before the start of the season (I don't know the actual date). It would be near that deadline that a ton of players will go through waivers.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Maybe guys from the hawks who hit waivers
Ryan Donato, Joey Anderson, Isaak Phillips and Arvid Soderblom.

I do think Donato might be potential trade bait though. Depends on their plan for Nazar.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs will have some guys on waivers that could be interesting to someone. Connor Timmins might get claimed with his puck abilities and being a RD but is our 8th or 9th dman and won't make the team.

On forward there will be quite a few tweeners going through waivers. I could see a scenario where someone who played a lot of NHL games for the Leafs hits waivers if the kids continue to impress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad