What is your perfect NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
96 teams across 3 levels with promotion and relegation (4 team relegated/promoted)

62 game season (home and homes versus all 31 other teams). Starts October 1, regular season ends approximately the end of February. Playoffs start mid-March and end mid-May

W/L/T system resurrected, with 10 minute 4 on 4 (or 3 on 3 I don't care) OT (with no OTL point)

16 team playoffs (1-16 seeding), 7 game series

8 team H2H relegation playoff (25-32, 26-31 etc.) 7 game series loser goes down, Played between the regular season and playoff to give playoff teams a little extra chance to recover.

Draft abolished, salary cap stays, rookie contract salary limits abolished, RFA system abolished

Team ownership model implemented similar to the Bundesliga 50+1 system.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
96 teams across 3 levels with promotion and relegation (4 team relegated/promoted)

62 game season (home and homes versus all 31 other teams). Starts October 1, regular season ends approximately the end of February. Playoffs start mid-March and end mid-May

W/L/T system resurrected, with 10 minute 4 on 4 (or 3 on 3 I don't care) OT (with no OTL point)

16 team playoffs (1-16 seeding), 7 game series

8 team H2H relegation playoff (25-32, 26-31 etc.) 7 game series loser goes down, Played between the regular season and playoff to give playoff teams a little extra chance to recover.

Draft abolished, salary cap stays, rookie contract salary limits abolished, RFA system abolished

Team ownership model implemented similar to the Bundesliga 50+1 system.
So, are you trying to kill the league? Sounds like you miss soccer.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
- Cut preseason games down to 3 or 4 games per team, and every team plays the same number of preseason games. All preseason games are neutral-site.
- Regular season starts the first week of October and ends the first week of April.
- Go back to the point system where every game only counts for two points, ditch the shootout, and bring back ties. 2 points for any type of win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for any type of loss.
- If the NHL insists on keeping the shootout, then go to the PWHL/IIHF point system. 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT/SO win, 1 point for OT/SO loss, 0 points for regulation loss. We have to incentivize teams to win in regulation, and not just coast around waiting for OT, and this ensures every game is worth 3 points, regardless of the result.
- Get rid of coaches challenges for offsides. I'm so tired of seeing goals called off because someone's skate blade was 1/16" offside. I'm fine with challenging for goalie interference though.
- Get rid of the trapezoid. Let the goalies roam free, and if they get hit/knocked down outside of the crease, it's fair game and their own fault.
- Go to a league-wide 1-16 playoff format. Travel be damned, they can deal with it. Top 4 seeds are the division winners, and 5-16 are wildcards. I want to see some big rivalries happen in the final two rounds. I hate divisional playoff format, where the top teams could face each other in the second round!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad