GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Does Kupari get a chance with Lowry and Nino tonight?

Here’s what I’m hoping for

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Nino-Lambert-Vilardi
Namestnikov-Lowry-Kupari
JAD-Gus-Ford
I’m guessing they play Ehlers with Lambert as that is how they practiced yesterday. If you want to give the kid a good look you want to see if he can build a little consistency.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
My guess:
Connor Schief Vilardi
Ehlers Lambert Names
Nino Lowry Kupari
A-D Guss Ford

Could also see them running Nino - Lowry - Names and one of the 4th liners playing a placeholder (kupari) for perfetti on lamberts line (to see how that Lowry line works in case Lambert can lock down 2C)
I like the looks of that second line. Here’s hoping we get to see that.

Reactions: Razzle71

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I’m guessing they play Ehlers with Lambert as that is how they practiced yesterday. If you want to give the kid a good look you want to see if he can build a little consistency.
I'm hoping that's the plan -
IMO, the second line is the one that needs to be sorted out - and I see it as a very important pce in the success of the Jets TY -
The top line is what it is - and hopefully we see more determination from that group (meaning compete) - I'm hopeful.

But the line that I'm most excited about is that second line - add Cole and provide Lambert a few reps in the middle.
If they can get that group clicking, we might have that additional scoring we've been looking for.
And not forgetting Names, wouldn't it be nice to add him to our bottom six?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Does Kupari get a chance with Lowry and Nino tonight?

Here’s what I’m hoping for

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Nino-Lambert-Vilardi
Namestnikov-Lowry-Kupari
JAD-Gus-Ford
Kupari really needs to show something sooner than later, after the hype about him turned into a big turd all last season!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm hoping that's the plan -
IMO, the second line is the one that needs to be sorted out - and I see it as a very important pce in the success of the Jets TY -
The top line is what it is - and hopefully we see more determination from that group (meaning compete) - I'm hopeful.

But the line that I'm most excited about is that second line - add Cole and provide Lambert a few reps in the middle.
If they can get that group clicking, we might have that additional scoring we've been looking for.
And not forgetting Names, wouldn't it be nice to add him to our bottom six?
I wouldn't be surprised if the lines going to Minnesota are something like

Perfetti-Lambert-Barlow
Iafallo-Yager-Chibrikov
Barron-Toninato-Appleton
Torgersson-Shaw-AJF,

to give Lambert a different look, with Perfetti, but more size on the wing. And some finish.

Hopefully the Jets send Samberg and Pionk to Minnesota too...I wouldn't mind seeing Stanley and Miller get a look tonight as the prospective 3rd pairing, to see what is really there, and have Lundmark play with Salomonsson, which would be I think an improvement over what Anhorn/Sauntner can add to the rook's game, with the Moose.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I recall Connor killing penalties in the past couple of years. I can't recall if he was any good at it though
Bones didn't play him too much on the PK (or maybe that was Arniel running the PK the last two years?).

But before that, I thought he was decently effective - didn't get lost as much as he seems to at 5v5. There's a little more structure to the PK system and he seemed to know where he was supposed to be.

Statistically, in 2021-22 (the last year he played significant PK time) he was the best, or 2nd best Jet with >100 TOI on the PK in CA/60, FA/60, GA/60 and xGA/60.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Bones didn't play him too much on the PK (or maybe that was Arniel running the PK the last two years?).

But before that, I thought he was decently effective - didn't get lost as much as he seems to at 5v5. There's a little more structure to the PK system and he seemed to know where he was supposed to be.

Statistically, in 2021-22 (the last year he played significant PK time) he was the best, or 2nd best Jet with >100 TOI on the PK in CA/60, FA/60, GA/60 and xGA/60.
He has good physical tools to be a PKer... good lateral movement and can accelerate to loose pucks quickly

I think the biggest problem he has defending is trying to actively take pucks away from guys, which isntnas much of an issue on the PK

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Released to Junior:

F - Kevin He

F - Jacob Julien

F - Connor Levis

F - Markus Loponer

F - Kieron Walton

Julien released back to junior (London Knoghts). As a late birthday / after Sept 30th he was eligible For the AHL but clearly not ready.

If he is not signed by June 15 th 2025 he would go back into the draft.

If he has a monster season in the oHl ….. we can sign him after Xmas for a 3 year ELC starting next year.

Reactions: Buffdog

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It’s beginning to look like Chaz Uslessious chances of ever playing in the NHL are about the same as most of us who post on HFBoards!

Another wasted 1st round pick by the genius Chevy!
Is he injured?

I thought he was sent to the Moose, which given the small number of games he has played, is where he belongs this year.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He has good physical tools to be a PKer... good lateral movement and can accelerate to loose pucks quickly

I think the biggest problem he has defending is trying to actively take pucks away from guys, which isntnas much of an issue on the PK
I have a copp-connor pk combo in my head but maybe it wasnt a regular thing...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad