GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets are going to give it a go this year with a very veteran laden lineup, one more kick at the cat. Is the roster good enough to make the playoffs, probably and that's find but they have to get farther this year in the playoffs with this core.

All bets are off after this season. They have so many vets on expiring deals, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a full youth infusion in a year.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
All bets are off after this season. They have so many vets on expiring deals, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a full youth infusion in a year.
If they miss the playoffs then the writing is on the wall, this core is just not good enough and some of them need to be move out. I'm not talking a rebuild doesn't seem there is an appetite for that with this organization but they need to bring guys that are close and mesh them with the players they decide to keep.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If he plays all the games as the 2nd line center then he will be with the big club to start the season. If you see Names move into that spot for the last couple preseason games then the writing is on the wall.
I'm not sure what the downside is to giving him an extended look there that goes into the regular season. Commit to seeing how it goes for 10 games then re-evalate

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I recall Connor killing penalties in the past couple of years. I can't recall if he was any good at it though
I hope that this might signal that the Jets are going to play the PK much more aggressively (disrupt the PP before it gets set up), using either the Triangle , or the Wedge+1, rather than a simple Box. But we`ll see. Connor can be most effective if encouraged to pressure the pointmen trying to set up.

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad