GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets are going to give it a go this year with a very veteran laden lineup, one more kick at the cat. Is the roster good enough to make the playoffs, probably and that's find but they have to get farther this year in the playoffs with this core.

All bets are off after this season. They have so many vets on expiring deals, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a full youth infusion in a year.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
All bets are off after this season. They have so many vets on expiring deals, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a full youth infusion in a year.
If they miss the playoffs then the writing is on the wall, this core is just not good enough and some of them need to be move out. I'm not talking a rebuild doesn't seem there is an appetite for that with this organization but they need to bring guys that are close and mesh them with the players they decide to keep.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If he plays all the games as the 2nd line center then he will be with the big club to start the season. If you see Names move into that spot for the last couple preseason games then the writing is on the wall.
I'm not sure what the downside is to giving him an extended look there that goes into the regular season. Commit to seeing how it goes for 10 games then re-evalate

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I recall Connor killing penalties in the past couple of years. I can't recall if he was any good at it though
I hope that this might signal that the Jets are going to play the PK much more aggressively (disrupt the PP before it gets set up), using either the Triangle , or the Wedge+1, rather than a simple Box. But we`ll see. Connor can be most effective if encouraged to pressure the pointmen trying to set up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think you can have a plan that just has a youth infusion year. IMO a team needs to graduate prospects as they are ready to take on roles. It looks so far that Lambert will get the full addition this camp. Villie would have as well, if it weren't for his continued bad luck.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think you can have a plan that just has a youth infusion year. IMO a team needs to graduate prospects as they are ready to take on roles. It looks so far that Lambert will get the full addition this camp. Villie would have as well, if it weren't for his continued bad luck.

I think they expect 1, possibly 2 to break in throughout this year, but that next season they will likely graduate 2 to 3 while retaining one or two vets.

I feel the expectations are for Cole to grow into a core piece this year, Snerg to solidify himself in the top 4, and for one of Stabley/Ville to grab that bottom pairing spot and not relinquish it. I think they also hope Lambert is ready to be an everyday player.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think they expect 1, possibly 2 to break in throughout this year, but that next season they will likely graduate 2 to 3 while retaining one or two vets.
Agreed, there will be some openings available next season, but it would be nice if we had a couple prospects establish themselves this season to get the transition going. IMO we will need to marry the best of our next wave of prospects with the older core over the next couple years while they are still young enough to be truly be competitive.

We basically had a 3 year gap of prospects (except for Samberg and Gus) between 2017 - 2019 with the LV expansion draft and chasing our only real contention window. Just my opinion but we can't slow play our current crop of prospects with the older core pushing past 30.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets are going to give it a go this year with a very veteran laden lineup, one more kick at the cat. Is the roster good enough to make the playoffs, probably and that's fine but they have to get farther this year in the playoffs with this core.
Scheif on the PK shoupd get us over the hump

For thise screaming against rebuild just be aware that its coming no matter what... unless scheif and kfc buy in to D and pionk's 'foot' heals

Reactions: Dirtbag151

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Jets are going to give it a go this year with a very veteran laden lineup, one more kick at the cat. Is the roster good enough to make the playoffs, probably and that's fine but they have to get farther this year in the playoffs with this core.
The Jets will never advance pass the first found until they add toughness ... one power forward and a defenseman would do it. The Jets never addressed that in fact they got rid of a future power forward but that's not their fault if the jerk did want to be here.
Well at least the PK should be better by adding speed ... a step in the right direction.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I hope that this might signal that the Jets are going to play the PK much more aggressively (disrupt the PP before it gets set up), using either the Triangle , or the Wedge+1, rather than a simple Box. But we`ll see. Connor can be most effective if encouraged to pressure the pointmen trying to set up.
KC has done exactly that in the past - I recall a few examples of where he would pick off dmen who were a bit too casual on the PP.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If those two are used on the PK, there’s probably no other choice than to run 4 lines. That’s a good thing.
If he’s looking to make the pk faster and more aggressive, even better!
The Jets basically had 1 and 1/2 lines that could score last season, all 4 lines better be damn good defensively if you think running 4 lines is the answer!

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
No Perfetti, Yager, or Hellebuyck tonight

Attachments

• 1727270985327.png
    1727270985327.png
    806.9 KB · Views: 1

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
No Perfetti, Yager, or Hellebuyck tonight
My guess:
Connor Schief Vilardi
Ehlers Lambert Names
Nino Lowry Kupari
A-D Guss Ford

Could also see them running Nino - Lowry - Names and one of the 4th liners playing a placeholder (kupari) for perfetti on lamberts line (to see how that Lowry line works in case Lambert can lock down 2C)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad