GDT: All things training camp

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Tbf, Appleton was third on the Jets in 5v5 ice time/game, Nino was 7th and Iafallo 8th(if you don't include the two rentals).

Barron was the only guy not near or above 12 mins a night. (Way down under 9). He was also the best of the 4 in scoring rate oddly enough. He and Nino were a level above Iafallo and Appleton.
well if we look at the other wingers on the list as well:
perfetti 19 goals
ehlers 25 goals
vilardi 22 goals
connor 34 goals

bottom line is they are all legitimate nhl players

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I thought if they actually rolled with that Nino Lambert Iafallo line Barron would be a good player to step in there with Lowry. Alas :laugh:
Didn't Barron start last year on Lowry's line and Nino was on Perfetti's wing until Vilardi went down?

I feel like they targeted Barron in thr Copp trade specifically to play in his spot on Lowry's left side

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
AHLppleton must have some good dirt on Chevy and /or AHLrneil, Barron clearly the better player and yet Mr. can’t Score on an empty net still stinks up the turd line!

Reactions: bustamente
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Laine was 2oa and scored nearly 40 goals, not points, as an 18 year old. That's not normal. Not even close to normal. That's not happening with these prospect we're discussing, not really the same level at all to compare.

And Ehlers couldn't play in the AHL he wasn't 20. That's been changed now post covid i beleive.
It’s back to normal regarding CHL junior leagues and the AHL.

Reactions: DRW204

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Comparing Jason Robertson to Chibrikov. Seriously what are we doing here.
Don’t be stupid. Literally no one is doing that.

The prospects didn't show enough to the people who are put in charge of putting this team together, no matter how much we huff and puff that is not changing any time soon.
Or, they are just too risk averse.

No just no. you see, the Jets are wrong. Even though they have the most viewings, and information on their own prospects and a legitimate qualified opinion, they're just wrong. It's their fault that Chibrikov is not a 2nd coming of Jason Robertson
I’m not sure anyone is looking for Jason Robertson. Hard to know what you have when you stagnate kids.

Reactions: KingBogo

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah i think both Lambert and Chibrikov are ready, but people are more high on Lambert because he's more electric.

Chibrikov manages the puck better and is a winger, both of which I think make him the more nhl ready of the 2. He has more pro experience as well.
What do you or others think of Lambert putting himself in situations for big hits? I remember @surixon talking about how Lowry let off on him in practice, but he did take some big shots in preseason. Definitely an electrifying player. Chibrikov seems more of heads up player at this stage, but I could be wrong, it's happened before.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
So after reading the past 11teen pages we can deduce the current scenario with the team is basically one of the following:
1. The team we ran last year is full of great players, none are expendable.
2. The team is very risk adverse and would rather play mostly last year’s roster than inserting rooks and risk losing someone on waivers or losing a year of ELC.
3. We suck at drafting and none of the rooks are good enough to make the team (or dress in the playoffs).

Reactions: Dirtbag151

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So after reading the past 11teen pages we can deduce the current scenario with the team is basically one of the following:
1. The team we ran last year is full of great players, none are expendable.
2. The team is very risk adverse and would rather play mostly last year’s roster than inserting rooks and risk losing someone on waivers or losing a year of ELC.
3. We suck at drafting and none of the rooks are good enough to make the team (or dress in the playoffs).
I think every fan would be happy if the same team started off again with 30 wins, before making a roster addition that cost a 1st round pick. Same scenario again, but having a 1st round pick and a few 2nds ready to jump in, might save Chevy in trade capital. Very few teams can keep a roster together in the Cap era, so that's one way to build and grow chemistry.

The bottom falling out is still a realistic possibility, in which case everyone's favourite rookies will get playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad