2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Some chatter around that the Leafs might like to take on Laughton. Berube likes him. However IDK what they'd have to give to the Flyers in order to make such a deal go down.

Blues did make a pitch for him with Berube there, so it makes sense.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was said they are getting a long look. Very shocking.

Always entertaining to read this daily. It does take 2 teams to make a trade right? The way you pump up Risto why do you want to move him? There is no one knocking on the door you have said.
If you keep Luchanko you have to sit Cates or Brink as well as Deslauriers and Lycksell.
Chances of Luchanko sticking are slim and none, and slim just left town.
Unless of course he is lights out in the last 3 exhibition games against real NHL players.

ummm he is foundational.... DB himself said hes not trading Laughton
DB also said anyone is available for the right price.

First rule of negotiating is don't bid against yourself, set a price above market value as well as a reservation price (that you don't reveal) below which you won't deal. Then wait for counter offers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Right now Pontos Holmgren is their 4LW.
Their bottom six is pretty weak overall.
They have a 2nd rd pick in 2025, 1st rd picks in 2026 and 2027.
Cowan and not much else as prospects.
However, they're already a million over the cap, so I can't see how they could swing a deal.

Reactions: captainpaxil

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If you keep Luchanko you have to sit Cates or Brink as well as Deslauriers and Lycksell.
Chances of Luchanko sticking are slim and none, and slim just left town.
Unless of course he is lights out in the last 3 exhibition games against real NHL players.

DB also said anyone is available for the right price.

First rule of negotiating is don't bid against yourself, set a price above market value as well as a reservation price (that you don't reveal) below which you won't deal. Then wait for counter offers.
The chances of Jett sticking are not slim and none. Sitting ND or Ollie is no big deal and not even worth mentioning. Why cant they sit RP or GH?

The right price. When you set a price so high you know that means they do not want to trade him. So you keep talking about how they will trade Laughton. Well why would their price me met now when he is probably declining? Well did the Flyers bid against themselves for Seeler and GH ext?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The chances of Jett sticking are not slim and none. Sitting ND or Ollie is no big deal and not even worth mentioning. Why cant they sit RP or GH?

The right price. When you set a price so high you know that means they do not want to trade him. So you keep talking about how they will trade Laughton. Well why would their price me met now when he is probably declining? Well did the Flyers bid against themselves for Seeler and GH ext?

Luchanko, even though I’ve seen him play zero minute this pre season/camp needs to go back down.

He needs to grow his offensive game, not be on the third line for the Flyers terrified of making a mistake, and focusing on defending at the NHL level.

They need more out of him than Hagelin or Grabner.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sometimes I think that having so many players stagnate and regress could be a sign of a terrible development process and environment.
You saying Lappy is crappy? :scared:

Looks like it would have to be Laughton for Jarnkrok, who has 2 x $2.1m left.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Luchanko, even though I’ve seen him play zero minute this pre season/camp needs to go back down.

He needs to grow his offensive game, not be on the third line for the Flyers terrified of making a mistake, and focusing on defending at the NHL level.

I am not saying he shouldn't be sent down. What you and I think will clearly differ what the Flyers think. It is not set in stone they send him back

The positive PR would be a big win for the Flyers. They will give themselves a Barry Horwitz over and over if he makes it.

Sometimes I think that having so many players stagnate and regress could be a sign of a terrible development process and environment.
Or they just drafted players that are not so good.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Luchenko is a talented center and the flyers lack at the position. Sending him back is saying it's about the future as he's clearly better than cates. I get it but I don't like it

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I am not saying he shouldn't be sent down. What you and I think will clearly differ what the Flyers think. It is not set in stone they send him back

The positive PR would be a big win for the Flyers. They will give themselves a Barry Horwitz over and over if he makes it.

Or they just drafted players that are not so good.

Definitely also the latter regarding the scouts. At some point even with a questionable development process you’d think you’d hit on more than a pile of Vanilla in a decade.

The scouts all remain even though the GMs change.

If Buium has a great career, who’s to blame? Danny? Not to me. Blaming the GM in a “collaborative” org as the Flyers is lazy reporting imo.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Definitely also the latter regarding the scouts. At some point even with a questionable development process you’d think you’d hit on more than a pile of Vanilla in a decade.

The scouts all remain even though the GMs change.

If Buium has a great career, who’s to blame? Danny? Not to me. Blaming the GM in a “collaborative” org as the Flyers is lazy reporting imo.
Does Danny have the final say? Or is it a majority rule?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or most draft picks don't make the NHL.
The odds of playing 200 games
40-75: 20% or so
76-100: 14%
100+: 11%

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Or most draft picks don't make the NHL.
The odds of playing 200 games
40-75: 20% or so
76-100: 14%
100+: 11%
Right, and it's the successful, smart, sharp-thinking organizations (unlike the Flyers) who have a pattern of finding and or developing that 11%. Flyers likely don't even make up .0001 of that 11%.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Surely it's more interesting than the last two :laugh:
Meh, it’s only going to end in mediocrity again, and a 12th pick instead of what they need: a top 5 overall. Plus, I can’t watch that jackass behind the bench.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015

100 percent agree.

It's a great sign that this conversation is even taking place because he is performing above expectations. But they need to let him develop.

Speaking of his offense, it is quite evident that he is significantly more skilled than he was given credit for pre and post draft. His passing and vision are really good, stickhandling is above average. The weakness is his shot, but other than that, no glaring weaknesses from my viewing so far.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
100 percent agree.

It's a great sign that this conversation is even taking place because he is performing above expectations. But they need to let him develop.

Speaking of his offense, it is quite evident that he is significantly more skilled than he was given credit for pre and post draft. His passing and vision are really good, stickhandling is above average. The weakness is his shot, but other than that, no glaring weaknesses from my viewing so far.
stick handling can use a little work because he is too fast for his own good, which is hilarious. Aside from that, i agree with you entirely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Right, and it's the successful, smart, sharp-thinking organizations (unlike the Flyers) who have a pattern of finding and or developing that 11%. Flyers likely don't even make up .0001 of that 11%.
Cates #137
Ersson #143
Fedotov #188

Lycksell #168, may end up like Marody, AHL+ or like Weal 218 NHL games.

The last 4-5 drafts you'll have to wait, these players tend to take 4-6 years to get to the NHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hextall and CF.

In 2018 draft, Hextall takes JOB instead of Miller, Lundkvist or Sandin. Then he takes Ginning instead of Durzi or Addison.
You can't stop blaming Hextall.

It's been 6 years. This is firmly on CF and Briere now. Didn't have to add Johnson last year....or this year. Briere chose to do both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad