Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Great question. I checked the Chicago Mission and Detroit little caesars and thier rosters are posted without Windbiel on either team as of right now. And both already have 2 goalies listed
Those would have been my 2 guesses, but I have to believe Bowler had a plan that Windbiel and his parents bought into when he was signed. I can't believe this is a surprise to anyone and they already know the landing spot. As is Bowler's method of operation, nothing has been announced to the public.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Been told that forward Kyler Morgan has been sent to his Jr B team of last year.

I was just doing some digging, looks like he's listed with the Cambridge Redhawks. I don't know how permanent that is, but...

I see 14 F, 8 D, 2 G listed on the Spits site. Safe to assume this is the roster? Or must there be additional cuts?

I’m not sure on the exact number, especially considering that Greentree, Spellacy, Protas will be gone tomorrow.

From what I understand, they may keep a few more guys around until NHL players return. Kind of a "better to have them in case" thing.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I see 14 F, 8 D, 2 G listed on the Spits site. Safe to assume this is the roster? Or must there be additional cuts?

I’m not sure on the exact number, especially considering that Greentree, Spellacy, Protas will be gone tomorrow.
The article in the WS and take it for what it's worth. There was no mention of Windbiel. There was mention of Hicks/Lemieux. I am not saying it's a lock but there' s no reason to throw Windbiel into the fire when you still have Costanzo and you want to see if Froggett can play at the OHL level. Windbiel at this time should be 4th or 5th in pecking order. If Costanzo struggles you probably wouldn't promote either Newlove or Windbiel. You would invest in a goalie outside the organization first. If Froggett struggles then maybe Newlove but that is probably fluid.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i remember when someone was promoting Lavigne as if he was some rock stud mean physiacl guy, i told him he was wrong and he acted like i was the worst human in the world for telling him he was wrong, well here we are.

hes tall, he takes lots of hooking and slashing penalties, but hes not the next chris tanev. thats why hes not on the roster. i dont get why they signed him asap last year

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR

I’m not sure on the exact number, especially considering that Greentree, Spellacy, Protas will be gone
Game roster and team roster are 2 different things. The team must list 20 on the game roster at anytime during the season and up to 50 can be on team protected roster.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Spitfires posted a " game preview" for tonight's game and in the article it mentions that 4 Spitfires make their debut tonight. Hicks, Belchetz, Lemieux and Garden? Is this even possible to play 4 08's?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Spitfires posted a " game preview" for tonight's game and in the article it mentions that 4 Spitfires make their debut tonight. Hicks, Belchetz, Lemieux and Garden? Is this even possible to play 4 08's?

sure, you can play 5 if you acquire one from another team

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Maybe it was a confusion between OAs & 16yo? Carry 4 overagers (til a point) but can only play 3? Ex: Sanvido times.

So we can A card 4 drafted 08’s. The others are affiliates… meaning 10 games or less?

Now are these A cards automatic? Or could we say, for example, play Garden 9 games and go, “you know what? We’d rather have Brocklehurst?”

Does the A card get assigned or is it, they’re on a B until they hit those 10 games?

But Lemeuix and Belchetz are auto As because they were the first two picks?

I get the OHL doesn’t have that many ‘die hard’ fans that are counting the number of games rookies played but this should be simplified somewhere.

Doesnt sound like I’m the only one that needs clarification

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Maybe it was a confusion between OAs & 16yo? Carry 4 overagers (til a point) but can only play 3? Ex: Sanvido times.

So we can A card 4 drafted 08’s. The others are affiliates… meaning 10 games or less?

Now are these A cards automatic? Or could we say, for example, play Garden 9 games and go, “you know what? We’d rather have Brocklehurst?”

Does the A card get assigned or is it, they’re on a B until they hit those 10 games?

But Lemeuix and Belchetz are auto As because they were the first two picks?

I get the OHL doesn’t have that many ‘die hard’ fans that are counting the number of games rookies played but this should be simplified somewhere.

Doesnt sound like I’m the only one that needs clarification
Yes, I'm also more confused than ever and I always thought I had a good handle on the "rules". Lol apparently not!

Reactions: OHLTG

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Teams can dress 4 or more 16 year olds up until when the NHL starts,then it changes.
World Juniors in December also teams can do the same thing re 16 year olds,only thing definitive they must be signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad